Fog machines are useful in creating special visual effects. The said special visual effects serve the purpose of entertaining audiences. Therefore the fog machine – also known as the smoke machine – is commonly used by DJs and other entertainment coordinators. If, for instance, you want a beam of light to be visible across the room, you use a fog machine. Through the fog that the fog machine produces, you can create a carnival atmosphere at a party or a disco.
Sometimes, fog or smoke machines are used in military operations or training as smoke screens. There are also cases where they are used in industrial settings: for instance in HVAC tests and in sanitization. Inside the machine is a liquid that gets heated up, leading to vaporization. It is the vapor that comes out as the fog. Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Sanitizer Machines, sanitizer sprays in India.
Top 10 Best Fog Machines in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Fog Machine
- One of the most important features of a fog or Fogger machine is its tank capacity.
- Typically given in liters (or milliliters), it determines how much fog it can produce and for how long.
- Another key feature is the machine’s power consumption.
- This determines how economical it will be to operate.
- Yet another important feature in a fog-producing machine is its remote control distance.
- This determines how easy to use the machine will be.
- The amount of time it takes to heat up and the output capacity are other important features in fog machines.
Types of Fog Machines
- There are some fog machines that are remote controllable.
- Then there are others that are not remote controllable (meaning they require manual control).
- There are some fog machines that are only suitable for use in entertainment (as stage tools).
- There are others that, besides entertainment usage, are also suitable for use in sanitization.
- We have easily portable fog machines.
- Then we have others that are not so easily portable and are meant to be permanently used in one place.
- There are heavy steel body fog machines. Then there are light, compact aluminum body fog machines.
How to use Fog Machine?
- Normally, you first need to fill the machine tank with fog liquid.
- The liquid in question may be something like glycol.
- After filling the machine with liquid, the next step is to connect it to a power source.
- Then you need to switch the power on.
- Once you switch the power on, you need to allow some time for the fog liquid to heat up.
- This typically takes between 4 and 10 minutes.
- Most of the machines have lights that tell you once the heating is complete.
- The moment it starts producing the fog, you can control its direction using a remote control device (if available).
Buying guide for Fog Machine
- The most important consideration is that of the purpose for which you need the fog machine.
- Is it for use in a large disco or public event setting? Or is it for use in small intimate parties (for instance, in domestic birthday parties, weddings, and so on)? The purpose for which you need the machine will determine what is ideal for you.
- You should ideally go for a smoke machine that uses little power to produce a lot of fog.
- Ideally, go for a machine that is remotely controllable, and which takes little time to heat up.
- Take the fog machine price into consideration too.
- Ensure that you get good value for your money.
- Consider how portable the fog machine you wish to buy is.
- Also, consider how easy it is to clean and maintain on a day-to-day basis.
List of Top 10 Best Fog Machines in India-Buyers Guide
1. Himack 1200W Stage Fogger Smoke Machine
The idea for stage use. Comes complete with a remote controller.
- Takes only 2-3 minutes to heat up
- The body is compact
- The remote control is effective for up to a 15-meter radius
- Tank capacity is quite modest at 300 ml
- Doesn’t come with fog liquid (you have to buy it separately)
2. Kasturi 1200W Stage Fogger Smoke Machine
Comes with 5 liters of free fog liquid. Output is 5600 cubic feet per minute.
- Huge tank capacity (at 2 liters)
- Comes with free fog oil (5 liters)
- Fully remote controllable
- It May take up to 10 minutes to heat up
- Only suitable for use with AC power
3. 1200W Atomizer FOG Disinfection Automatic Sanitizing Machine
Ideal for use both in entertainment and disinfection. Gives an output of 6000 cubic feet per minute.
- Versatile (suitable for use in entertainment and sanitizing)
- Uses power quite efficiently
- Has heavy steel body, hence durable
- It May take up to 7 minutes to heat up
- The auto cut period is typically 50 seconds (after producing fog for 20 seconds)
4. Fog Machine 1500W Stage Smoke Machine
Very ideal for use in disco. Comes with a DMX channel port for remote control.
- Tank capacity is quite high (at 2 liters)
- Remote controllable from 25 meters radius
- Uniquely powerful at 1,500 watts
- The temperature range is 270-310 degrees
- Some may find the price slightly high
5. CIVIQ Mist Maker 400W (Wireless Control) Fog Machine
Gives sustainable spray smoke. Comes with 3 LED lights to enhance smoke vision.
- Easy to install and plug (as it comes with a suspension bracket)
- The 3 LED lights enhance smoke vision
- Allows for smoke light RGB color mixing
- Its power rating is only 400 watts
- Requires regular (and often time-consuming) cleaning
6. Da.Beatz DJ Effects Smoke Machine
This is a standard 1,200 watts machine. Gives an output of 2,000 cubic feet per minute.
- Has an aluminum body that is compact
- Allows for remote control within a 15-meter radius
- Uses power quite efficiently
- Some may consider the price to be slightly high
- Tank capacity is 300 ml
7. Improvhome 1200W Stage Fogger Smoke Machine
Comes with a DMX channel remote control. Ideal for use in discos and other social events.
- The remote control radius is 25 meters
- Remarkable output, at 4500 cubic feet per minute
- Price is reasonable for the quality
- It May take as many as 10 minutes to heat up
- Requires reheating after long sprays
8. VIRTUAL Portable Electric Fogger Machine
This machine is mainly meant for use in sanitization. The power rating is 1,200 watts.
- The machine’s body is corrosion resistant
- Comes with a highly detailed user manual
- Heats up quite fast
- Some may find its price to be slightly high
- Requires use of protective gear while operating
9. Fog Machine Professional With Remote Control
Ideal for use in weddings, holidays, and parties. This is a 1,500-watt machine.
- Requires very little (2-3 minute) heating time
- Output is between 1,500 and 2,000 cubic feet per minute
- The machine is easily portable
- Some may find it relatively costly
- Its tank capacity is 300 ml
10. Radisons 1500W Fog Machine
This machine has both wired and wireless (remote) control modes. It weighs around 5 kg.
- Huge smoke oil tank capacity (at 2.3 liters)
- The smoke dissipates to a distance of up 2-3 meters
- Warms up quite fast (typically in around 5 minutes)
- It uses quite a bit of power
- Learning how to operate it properly may initially require some time
Using a good-quality fog machine, you can create a fun-filled carnival atmosphere at your disco, party, or other events. This guide can help you while shopping for a decent-quality fog machine.
What is the use of a fog machine?
It produces special fog for use in discos, parties, and other events (creating visual effects), as well as in sanitization.
What is a fog machine for cleaning?
In cleaning applications, the fog machine is used to sanitize/disinfect surfaces and rooms.
What is the difference between a fog machine and a smoke machine?
The fog machine produces fog particles that remain close to ground level. The smoke machine usually produces smoke that is capable of dissipating and rising.