Are you a music lover and looking forward to buying a melodious flute online in India? Let us help you in your journey. No doubt, the flute is one of the famous and best musical instruments. It is one of the easiest musical instruments to master. It produces the sweetest and delightful sounds that reach your heart right from the ears. Whether a learner or a master, having the best flute is mandatory if you love music and creation. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know before buying a flute for yourself. So, read on to our complete buying guidelines and top 10 flute recommendations to get the best experience out of all.
Top 10 Best Flutes in India- Buyers Guide
Features of Flutes
- A flute is a popular Indian musical instrument that produces sound by blowing air into it via a hole.
- The variety of its sound characteristics is the prime feature of a flute.
- It sounds pleasing and graceful to the ears of listeners and gives them a soothing and heavenly experience.
- Typically seen as a symbol of Indian classical music, it is used for different genres too.
- From folk music to jazz and from pop to experimental, musicians include flute or Bansuri in their music.
- It is also used to provide sound effects such as shrilling, whistling, humming, and sighing.
- You can use it as a solo instrument or in orchestras to make your unique composition.
Types of Flutes
- This woodwind instrument comes into a range of varieties.
- There are many types and styles, but the major ones include Piccolo, Eb Soprano, Western Concert Flute, Alto Flute, and Bass Flute.
- Piccolo is a small flute with fingerings, while Soprano comes from the family of Trumpets.
- Western Concert Flute or C flute is one of the modern and famous flutes, and Alto Flutes have keys and curved head joints.
- Bass flutes are relatively bigger with a curved head joint.
- We can categorize these flutes into two principal sorts- fipple and transverse flutes.
- Fipple flutes consist of a duct; on the other hand, transverse flutes have holes on the sides.
- These are the most common types of flutes that are in use in India and in general.
Buyers Guide for Flutes
- Before you buy a flute for yourself, you need to educate yourself about its types and specifications.
- There are few significant factors that you must check in your flute if you want to buy it.
- These are the right-scale, flute material, price, type, and size.
- If you are a flutist then you must have known the significance of the ‘right’ scale.
- So, consider the scale of the flute you want and then proceed with paying.
- So is the suggestion for the beginners.
- They are advised to look for a C-scale flute usually that is the best for learning purposes.
- Choose the correct material.
- The material of a flute has a diverse range. It consists of bamboo, wood, metal, PVC, and sterling silver.
- Though nothing can beat the bamboo flute, others are not bad also.
- Every material has its advantages and disadvantages.
- The one made of PVC doesn’t get affected by the seasonal changes, while the bamboo flute is the best for beginners. Apart from all these, know how much it’s going to cost you.
- While silver and metal ones could be a little too much, bamboo and PVC fiber flutes may suit best to your pockets.
How to Play the Flute?
- Using a flute is easy, but mastering the art of playing it takes a lot of practice and patience.
- You need the correct training, but most importantly, you need a good instrument that works well and dedicatedly assists you and your music.
- Know how your woodwind works.
- The act of sound creation from this instrument takes place when the stream of air is blown into it by the hole at one side.
- It generates a vibration of the air into the pipe that turns into harmonious music waves.
- It also has several other holes in it which are used to change the pitch and tone of the sound.
- By closing and opening these holes with your fingers while playing, you control the airflow length that produces a change in the pitch and gives variations of sounds.
List of Top 10 Best Flutes in India-Buyers Guide
1. Radhe PVC Fibre Flutes
Made with PVC fiber, it is a C-Natural scale Bansuri that is the best alternative option to bamboo flutes. It is a 19 inches right-handed Bansuri that comes with a velvet cover and lip plate.
- Doesn’t get affected by weather changes
- No maintenance is needed and easily washable
- A little huskier sound
- User complaints of defective product arrival
2. SG Musical Flute- Bamboo
This G-scale Bansuri is one of the finest professional flutes that you can get online in India. It is made of Bamboo and is great for both beginners and experts.
- Super cheap
- Best for professional
- Low quality
- Sound quality is not good according to some users
3. ShalinIndia Bamboo Bansuri
This handcrafted bansuri is one of the best and made with keeping amateurs in mind. You can get it in a set of two, one transverse and the other the fipple flute.
- Best for beginners and kids
- Handmade with high-quality material
- Durable and sturdy
- Poor quality of bamboo
- The sound quality is not as good as mentioned
4. Foxit C Natural Bamboo Flutes
Made of 5-year-old premium quality Assam bamboo, it is 19 inches in length with 7 holes. It is a C-scale bansuri that makes it agreeable for especially for beginners.
- Good build quality
- Value for money
- Best for learners
- Out of tune
- Some buyers complain of receiving dented and bent Bansuri
5. Punam G Natural Base Flutes
One of the highest-rated bansuri in India with a length of 26 inches. It is the most recommended flute for beginners, folk music, classical, and studio recordings and can cost a bit too much.
- Suggested for beginners
- Good material quality
- Worth of your money
- Gripping is not easy
- Can be a little hard to play
6. Shiv’z Muzic Bansuri
Shiv’z Muzic Bansuri is a C-sharp right-hand flute of 18.5 inches in height. It is made of natural high-quality bamboo and is prescribed for beginners.
- Easy to carry with
- Includes the seventh hole for changing the tone
- Poor service complaint
- Easily bendable
7. ARCTIC AR-RFl-C Anandi Bansuri
ARCTIC AR-RFI-C Flute is a concert-level Indian Bansuri made of premium quality bamboo found in India. It is 19 inches in length and 0.8 inches in diameter with 7 finger holes.
- Contains a lip plate that makes it easier to play
- No effects of sunlight, cracks, split opens after aging
- Not properly tuned
- Thread gets loosed
8. HISCIN Bamboo B Base Bansuri
HISCIN Flute is a high-class Bansuri is made up of an exact B-Base tune with 7 holes in it and scales FF. This is a 21 inches side flute that is created with the best quality of Assam bamboo.
- Accurate size & dimension for professionals
- Better frequency
- Well tuned
- Buyers complain of receiving wrong scaled flute
- A bit pricey
9. Foora Musical Professional Bansuri
Exclusively exported from the USA, Mexico, and Canada, this handmade Bamboo Bansuri has a length of 48 cm and 8 holes. It is a C-scale bansuri with a nice frequency and tone.
- Suitable for both beginners and professionals
- Excellent for Orchestral music, classic, and studio recording
- Easy to grip
- Not well-tuned
10. STARDEALS C Sharp Bansuri
This 17 inches long Bamboo flute contains 6 holes and comes with a free bag and PVC protector pipe. This is a handcrafted bansuri with a considerable price.
- Suitable for different genres
- Nicely tuned
- Users complain of broken and bent products
- The thread quality is not good
Having a musical instrument and knowing how to play it perfectly is quite a fun thing. But, to master the talent of music, you must have excellent instruments. A flute is surely one of the sweetest picks among the many. The right tone, length, and scale checking and getting that perfect one is pretty much a difficult task. So, we decided to help you as much as we can and hope that our list has helped you enough to get the best in the market.
What are flutes used for?
The flute is a musical woodwind instrument that is used to produce good music. While some play the flute as a hobby and to soothe themselves, many make it a musical profession and cherish their talent.
What is the cost of a flute in India?
In India, you can get a flute from a very low to an expensive scale. The cost of the flute usually ranges from 150 INR to 2000 INR.
Which brand of the flute is best?
So far the Punam and Radhe brand of flutes are the best in India. They provide the best material quality and are renowned for making flutes for both amateurs and experts.