Fireballs are round-shaped fire extinguishers. They weigh about 1.4 kg, which makes them portable. These balls are an advancement to fire extinguishers. If you are a parent and would like to protect your children against fire accidents, these balls are for you. These balls are safe for kids and the elderly to use. You just have to place the balls in fire-prone areas in your house, car, or office. These fireballs have a plastic case that is resistant to abrasion. In the balls are dry fire retardant chemicals that put out a fire. Did you know that fireballs are self-activating?
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best fire extinguishers, Cork balls, Cricket Balls, cricket bats and balls, Cricket Pads, Cricket Kits, Green Mats, Green Nets, Stumper Balls, Exercise balls, Footballs, Volleyball nets, cricket kookaburra balls, stumper balls, and a cricket bat in India.
Top 10 Best Fire Balls in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Fire Ball
- They are lightweight. They weigh about 1.3 kg and are small enough to fit in a child’s hand.
- Fireballs are easy to use. When there is a fire, you throw the ball in the flames, and in about 5 seconds, the ball explodes, putting out the fire around it.
- They are safe and effective for both children and the elderly.
- They require no maintenance and have a usable life of 5 years.
- They are automatic. They explode when in contact with fire for more than 3 seconds.
Types of Fire Ball
Just like normal fire extinguishers, fire extinguisher balls put out different classes of fire.
These balls put out the fire of these classes:
- A-Fire from solid burning materials
- B-liquid burning materials
- C-Fire from combustibles
- E-Electrical fires
- F-Fire from cooking oils and fats
- K- Kitchen Fires
How To Use Fire Ball?
- Place the fireballs in fire-prone areas. If there is a fire, the ball will self-activate and explode upon contact. These balls come with a stand that helps you locate them.
- You can also mount it with its stand in places like electrical boxes.
- Say a fire occurs far from where the balls are, take the balls and throw them in the fire. In about 3-7 seconds, the ball will explode. When it explodes, the dry powder puts out the fire around it.
- They also have in-built alarms that alert people about the fire.
Buying guide for Fire Ball
- Why do you need a fireball? That’s the first thing you have to consider. You may need it for your car, kitchen, office, or garage. There are balls for specific locations and you have to do your research.
- Another thing, consider its shelf life. The balls have a usable life of 5 years. But, some may have been in the store for more than a year. That means it has less than 4 years to serve you. Check for the expiration date before buying the ball.
- Finally, consider the price of the ball. Some brands sell fireballs at high prices and they serve the same purpose as the cheap ones. Find a ball that meets your needs and fits your budget.
List of Top 10 Best Fire Balls in India-Buyers Guide
1. AFO (AUTO FIRE OUT) Plastic Fire Extinguisher Ball
The first fireball is from AFO with a 5-year warranty. It has an inbuilt alarm for alerting people around the fire.
- These fireballs are easy to use.
- They are safe and effective for children to use.
- They are lightweight for easy access.
- Some customers complain of functionality defects,
- The ball is too big to fit in some cars’ dashboards.
2. Elide Fire Extinguisher Ball
Elide fireballs are self-activating with a plastic casing. It has an abrasion-resistant exterior.
- It is suitable for all classes of fire.
- The ball is self-activating in cases of fire.
- They are portable and easy to use.
- It is useful in surveillance fire only.
- Some suppliers sell old balls that have a small shelf-life.
3. ECO FIRE Fire Extinguisher Ball
ECO FIRE balls are 150 mm in size and weigh 1.3 kg. They are suitable for a car, offices, factories, and homes.
- It requires no servicing.
- They are safe to use.
- They put out classes A, B, C, E, and F of fire.
- Some customers find the price so pricey.
- The sound of the alarm is too high for some customers.
4. Elite Fire Ball
The ball is 1.3kg with plastic foam. It comes with a stand and a 5-year warranty.
- The Elite fireball is waterproof. This keeps the inside contents dry.
- They need no maintenance.
- The dirt from the explosion is easy to clean.
- The product does not come with important safety guidelines.
- It is not useful for oil fires in the kitchen.
5. FireNXT Fire Extinguisher Ball
This fireball is lightweight and comes with a stand. It is perfect for a car and a kitchen.
- The dry powder is safe for the environment.
- It is safe for indoor fire.
- It has a shelf-life of more than 4 years.
- The dirt after the explosion is unsafe for people with dust allergies.
- The noise from the alarm may be too much for some customers.
6. DARIT Fireball-Fire Extinguisher Ball
Darit fireballs come with a stand that can be mounted in fire-prone areas. It is lightweight and suitable for home, car, and garage use.
- They are eco-friendly and easy to use.
- Does not harm kids or pets.
- Ideal for paper, wood, electrical and liquid fires.
- The price of Darit fireballs is too pricey for some customers.
- It is unsuitable for fires caused by oil.
7. Green Fire Off Fire Safety Ball
Green fireballs weigh 1.75 kg and the government of India has approved them. It is perfect for domestic, commercial, and industrial use.
- They put out classes A, B, and C of fire.
- It is self-detonating in 3-5 seconds when in contact with fire.
- It is safe for the environment.
- Some suppliers sell old products with fewer shelf lives.
- The balls do not come with essential safety guidelines.
8. TEO (Terminate Fire Off) Fire Extinguisher Balls
They weigh 1.3 kg and come with a mounting stand. It is ideal for putting 9.12 cubic meters of fire within a 1.296-meter radius.
- It has a five-year shelf-life with a five-year warranty.
- TEO requires no service.
- These fireballs are portable and easy to use.
- They do not come with safety instructions.
- It does not show what fires it puts out.
9. Mitras Fire Extinguisher Ball
Mitras fireballs are lightweight and self-detonating. It also comes with a mounting stand.
- These balls are portable and easy to use.
- They are safe for all ages and pets.
- It is non-toxic to the surrounding.
- They do not offer a warranty.
- Other buyers complain of functionality defects.
10. KPS Fire Extinguisher Ball
KPS is suitable for classes of A, B, C, E, and F fires. These balls offer protection both day and night.
- KPS is good for fires from cooking oils and fats.
- You can save over 250 dollars because it does not require servicing.
- The price is affordable.
- The ball is not effective in the open air.
- Mounting the ball behind fire points makes it hard to access.
Fireballs are effective and easy to use. They have extra features compared to the normal ones and are easily accessible in the case of fires. They are portable and they need no maintenance. With fireballs in your house, you can leave your children at home with no worry.
There are many brands of fireballs on the market but consider the above fireball brands. I hope this guide will be helpful. Happy fireball shopping.
What is a fireball?
A fireball is a fire extinguishing ball. They are environmentally friendly and safe for even children to use.
How does the fireball work?
You place the ball in a fire-prone area and it will self-activate when in contact with fire. You can also throw the ball into a fire or mount it in a fire-prone place. This ball puts out the fire around three cubic meters in radius.
What is the price of the fireball?
The price of fireballs ranges from 50 to 3420 Indian Rupees