A fingerprint lock comes with foolproof security. That is because it opens using a biometric feature (the fingerprint). Therefore, with a fingerprint lock, you don’t have to worry about someone stealing your keys. You don’t have to worry about someone stealing or otherwise accessing your keys than using them to open your door. Because no one can steal your (or other authorized people’s) fingerprints, you are secure.
A fingerprint Door Lock also means that you can have many users without needing to copy a mechanical key for each. Instead, each additional person who has permission to use the door simply adds their fingerprints to the lock’s database. Once they lose permission to access the premises secured with the lock, their fingerprints are simply removed from the database. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Godrej Locks in India.
A fingerprint door lock can be used on the main entrance to a building. It can also work in an interior door.
Top 10 Best Fingerprint Door Locks in India
Features of a Fingerprint Lock
- The best fingerprint door locks have Wi-Fi bridge adaptors. On account of these, it is possible to open the doors remotely.
- Another important feature is a fingerprint lock is a keypad.
- This means that besides fingerprints, people can also open them by entering passcodes.
- For people whose fingerprints aren’t yet in the locks’ databases, one-time passcodes can be generated.
- Then such people enter the one-time passcodes in question, to open the doors.
- All proper fingerprint locks come with emergency mechanical keys.
- Other important features in fingerprint locks include auto-lock capability, activity logs, and the ability to generate spy codes.
- The latter can be useful when unlocking the door in the presence of a stranger.
- Also when opening the door in the presence of someone you’d rather not reveal the true opening PIN to.
- So what you get are decoy numbers before and after the actual PIN, throwing the onlooker off the trail…
- The best fingerprint locks have RFID and NFC connectivity, besides the Wi-Fi bridges.
- The low battery indicator is another important feature in a fingerprint lock, as is good unlocking speed.
- The best fingerprint locks have the ability to register many fingerprints and are impossible to hack.
Types of Fingerprint Locks
- Some fingerprint locks are best suited for indoor (interior door) usage. Others are suitable for outdoor (main entry door) usage.
- Some fingerprint locks have main bodies that are made using stainless steel. Others have aluminum alloy main bodies.
- Some fingerprint locks are capable of remote operation. Others can only be operated by someone who is physically present where they are installed.
How to use a Fingerprint Lock?
- Upon receiving the fingerprint door lock, the first step is to unpack it, then read the user manual.
- The next step is to prepare the door where the fingerprint door is to go.
- This is mainly a question of drilling the holes that are to accommodate the lock.
- You then need to install the latch as well as the lock’s deadbolt. You thereafter need to adjust these components, to get the right fit.
- The next step is to put the actual fingerprint lock in place.
- You may need to ensure that it is the battery has full power, before deploying.
- After putting the lock in the right place, adjust it until it is secure.
- Add the fingerprints of the people who will have permission to open the lock. Test it. Then start using it.
- Whenever someone loses permission rights to use the lock, remember to remove their fingerprints from the database promptly.
- When the lock’s battery indicator shows that the battery level is going down, recharge promptly.
- Most modern fingerprint locks have USB mechanisms for charging.
Buying guide for Fingerprint Lock
- Before buying a fingerprint door lock, you need to consider several things.
- Firstly, consider the number of users you can register on the lock.
- Secondly, consider the lock’s main body material. Is it stainless steel or is it aluminum alloy (or some other material)? Different materials are ideal for different setups.
- Thirdly, consider the opening mechanisms that the lock offers. Does it support passcode opening? What about the remote opening by the mobile app? Does it support NFC cards? Further, consider whether the lock has auto-lock capabilities.
- You will naturally also need to consider the ease of installation.
- How easy is it to install the fingerprint door lock you wish to buy? Does the vendor offer free installation?
- Another thing you will need to take a good look at is the lock’s warranty? How long is it? And how many things does it cover? How easy is it to take advantage of it (should need to arise)?
List of Top 10 Best Fingerprint Locks in India-Buyers Guide
1. ULTRALOQ Bluetooth Fingerprint and Keypad Smart Door Lock
What you get here are a fingerprint door lock, a Wi-Fi bridge, and its batteries. It also includes an anti-peep keypad.
- Reasonably easy to install
- Multiple opening options (including by keypad PIN/passcode, fingerprint, and mechanical key)
- You can unlock and lock remotely via the Wi-Fi bridge
- Takes a bit of time to open after receiving a fingerprint
- Wi-Fi bridge seems to have slight limitations
2. OPEN Door Two Smart Door Lock
This lock comes with the capability to generate time-bound one-time passcodes for access. It also has NFC connectivity.
- The sensor is highly effective on fingerprint touch
- The lock’s finishing is elegant
- Battery life is long
- Installation may require an expert
- The warranty has some limitations
3. LAVNA Smart Digital Door Lock
Here is a lock you can use on both metal and wooden doors. Has many opening options: including fingerprint touch, card-swiping, PIN entry, and emergency mechanical key.
- Reasonably low price
- Warranty is long and generous
- The vendor offers to assist with the installation
- Fingerprint touchpad may eventually lose sensitivity
- Battery life may not be particularly long
4. Valencia- Hola Smart Door Lock
This lock’s vendor also offers free installation. The lock is secure and hard to hack: both electronically and physically.
- The manufacturer offers a two-year warranty, which is quite long
- The keypad seems to be quite sturdy and hence durable
- Also supports keycard opening
- Made from aluminum alloy
- Some may feel that it is too heavy
5. Leegoal Fingerprint and Bluetooth Smart Padlock
This is a simple yet highly secure padlock. It is waterproof and extremely hard to break.
- The lock structure is rather sturdy
- Can be easily moved from one door to another
- Is capable of charging via USB
- Doesn’t have a card opening option
- It May is not ideal for main door use because it is quite small
6. Jicson Fingerprint Lock
This is another portable (small and light) fingerprint lock. Extremely easy to hang on any door.
- Has dustproof as well as waterproof features
- Quite easy to recharge
- Very hard to hack (secure)
- Comes with no warranty
- Can only accept a max of 10 fingerprints
7. ARAN WiFi Smart Padlock
Here is another simple yet very powerful lock. Actually includes a remote control feature.
- Can take many fingerprints: up to 50
- Very easy to use (being a padlock rather than fixed lock)
- Control through a smartphone app is possible
- Relatively high price for the size
- Can be hard to repair if it becomes faulty
8. Samsung Fingerprint Push Pull Digital Door Lock
This lock has great sophistication. It includes anti-hacking encryption.
- Supports RF cards
- Can also open upon entry of a password
- The latch mortise on this lock is of two-way variety (hence you can push or pull it)
- Installation is best done by an expert
- The price is somewhat high for some
9. Geek Smart Fingerprint Door Lock
What you get here is a strong lock that is extremely hard to break. Suitable for use in domestic as well as commercial settings.
- Includes voice prompts to guide you in process of setting up fingerprints
- The battery seems to keep power for long
- Fingerprint touchpad doesn’t wear out easily
- The first-time installation can be quite a time consuming
- Battery charging is via micro USB only
10. JUFLIX Smart Left Hand Door Lock
This fingerprint lock has app control capability (can operate through a mobile app). It comes with very high-quality batteries.
- The main body material is stainless steel
- The lock has the strong anti-drill capability
- Includes mechanical key for emergency access
- Price is on the higher side for some
- Installation is a time-consuming affair
A fingerprint door lock offers greatly enhanced security, which you can’t find in normal locks. This guide can assist you considerably if you are thinking of buying a fingerprint door lock in India.
What is the best fingerprint lock?
The best fingerprint lock is one that is sturdy, capable of registering many users, and easy to install.
How do you open a fingerprint door lock?
You just place your fingerprint on a touchpad. The lock then scans the fingerprint. It compares the fingerprint image with those in its database (for authorized users). If the fingerprint matches those in its database, it opens up.
What is the price of the fingerprint lock?
Fingerprint door lock prices can range from 3,000 to 20,000 Indian rupees, depending on features.