A feeding bottle is meant for use in administering milk, water, and juice to a baby. We are advised to breastfeed babies exclusively for six months. But there comes a point, after the six months when the babies have to transition from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding. That is the point at which you have to find appropriate feeding bottles. Besides milk, water, and juice, the baby feeding bottle can also be useful for administering formula. Also check the buyers guide for the best feeding bras, feeding pillows, baby cradles in India
Top 10 Best Feeding Bottles in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Feeding Bottle
- One of the most important features of a baby milk bottle is its nipple’s softness.
- Another key feature is the bottle’s capacity.
- This is normally quoted in milliliters or fluid ounces.
- Yet another key feature is the bottle’s cap design.
- This determines whether the bottle will be prone to spills, leakages, and other such issues.
- The ease with which the bottle can be cleaned is important, alongside the ease with which it can be held.
Types of Feeding Bottle
- There are angle-neck baby feeding bottles.
- Then there are wide-neck baby feeding bottles & transparent baby feeding bottles.
- Then there are those that come in various colors (and are therefore not transparent).
- We have disposable & reusable feeding bottles.
- We have anti-colic feeding bottles & those that don’t have anti-colic features.
How to use a Feeding Bottle?
- The first step, after getting a baby feeding bottle, is to clean it thoroughly.
- The next step is to open up the bottle and fill it up.
- Thereafter, you need to put the feeding bottle’s nipple on the baby’s lips.
- The baby has some sort of natural suckling instinct.
- That will make him or her want to pull on the bottle’s nipple.
- He or she will therefore end up drawing whatever is in the feeding bottle into his/her mouth…
Buying guide for Feeding Bottle
- Before buying a baby milk bottle, you need to understand the materials it is made out of.
- These will determine whether it is a safe bottle for your baby.
- Further, you need to pay attention to the feeding bottle’s design.
- This will tell you how convenient it will be to use the bottle.
- More importantly, it will tell you how easy it will be to keep the bottle clean.
- You have the option of either buying the baby milk bottle online or at a local store.
- If you opt to buy online, you may get a broader variety to choose from.
- That is besides possibly much lower feeding bottle prices.
List of Top 10 Best Feeding Bottles in India-Buyers Guide
1. Pigeon Peristaltic Nursing Bottle
This is a slim-neck bottle. The capacity is 240 milliliters.
- It is very easy to hold while feeding the baby
- The nipple is quite soft
- Easy to clean
- Some may find milk flow initially uneven
- Bottle opening is not very wide
2. Philips Avent Natural 2.0 Bottle
What you get here is a pack of two bottles. Each has a 260 ml capacity.
- Comes with an anti-colic valve
- Material is BPA free
- This is a teat-mimicking bottle
- Some may find the teat size a bit on the wider side
- Price may appear to be quite high
3. Mee Mee Premium Baby Feeding Bottle
The bottle nipple here is vented. The capacity is 240 milliliters.
- Travel friendly (as it is not prone to leakages)
- Price is quite low
- The bottle is easy to clean
- It May is not microwavable
- There may be a slight air locking effect in the nipple
4. U-Grow Self Sterilizing Baby Feeding Bottle
What you get here is a pack of two bottles. These are wide-neck baby nursing bottles.
- The bottles are self-sterilizing
- They are heat resistant
- Price is reasonable
- Some may find the teat to be a bit too wide
- There may be a slight leakage effect if one is not careful in corking
5. LuvLap Anti-Colic Natura Flo Baby Feeding Bottle
These are BPA-free bottles. The pack has two bottles, each with a 150 ml capacity.
- Suitable for use by babies in a wide range of ages
- The bottles come with anti-colic valves
- Quite easy to clean
- Capacity is modest, at 150 ml
- Some may find the milk flow rate to be a bit too fast
6. R for Rabbit Premium Baby Feeding Spoon
Ideal for administering cereals and other solids as well as fluids. Designed to protect baby’s gums from injury.
- Versatile (can be used to administer a wide range of things)
- Comfortable to use for the baby
- Comes complete with a dust cover
- It is somewhat costly
- Some may find the silicon part to be too soft
7. Maxima Aayush Stainless Steel Baby Feeding Bottle
This is a 304 food-grade stainless steel bottle. Comes with a small neck design.
- Easy to travel with (as it is not prone to leakages)
- Very easy to clean
- It is lightweight yet sturdy
- There may be a limit to how long the bottle can keep the milk warm
- Tightening the cork may initially be slightly challenging
8. BeeBaby Comfort Slim Neck Baby Feeding Bottle
Comes with an anti-colic silicone nipple. The design is ergonomic.
- The bottle is 100% BPA free
- Price is quite low
- It is easy to hold
- Some may find the capacity to be too modest
- Cleaning may be slightly time-consuming
9. MARU 3 in 1 Steel Baby Feeding Bottle
Ideal for use by babies who are 3 months old and above. The capacity is 350 ml.
- Made using 304 food-grade steel
- Allows baby to breathe easily while feeding
- Very easy to clean
- This is not an insulated feeding bottle
- Some may find the 350 ml capacity to be superfluous
10. Morisons Baby Dreams Designer Duo Feeding Bottle
What you get here are two feeding bottles. The capacity is 250 ml.
- The price is within most people’s reach
- These are BPA-free bottles
- The bottles come with spouts and nipples
- Some may find the bottle too narrow (given its length)
- Cleaning may be somewhat time-consuming
A good quality feeding bottle can help you to easily and safely administer milk, juices, and water to your baby. While shopping for such a high-quality feeding bottle, you will find the information in this guide useful.
Which feeding bottle is best for a baby?
The best is one that is comfortable for the baby to suck from, easy to clean, and not leakage prone.
Is feeding bottle good for the baby?
Yes, as long as the bottle is kept clean (and is made from a safe material).
How long can we use a feeding bottle?
Most people continue using feeding bottles until the babies are fully weaned.