The external Graphics card is the most important part of a gaming computer. It is even more important than the CPU. One of the major objectives of a graphics card is to provide high video quality and sometimes the built-in graphics card in the computer may not be enough to serve the purpose. That’s why there is always room for adding an extra graphic card to your pc. An extra graphics card will cover up the needs that the built-in cannot.
Also, check the buyers guide for the best External Ram for Laptops, 2GB DDR2 RAM, DDR3 4GB RAM, Dell i3 Laptops, Dell i5 Laptops, Dell i7 laptops, Dell Inspiron Laptops, Dell Vostro Laptops, i5 Laptops, i7 Laptops, i9 laptops, HP laptops, HP Omen laptops, HP Elitebook Laptops, HP Laptops under 30000, HP i5 Laptops, HP i7 laptops, HP Pavilion Laptops, Acer Laptops, Asus Laptops, Lenovo laptops, Lenovo Thinkpads, Lenovo Ideapads, Toshiba laptops, Laptop under 40000, Laptop Under 50000, Gaming Laptops under 50000, Laptop Under 60000, Gaming Laptop under 60000, Laptop under 70000, Gaming Laptop Under 70000, SSD for laptops, 512GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 4Tb External Hard Drive, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, Acer laptop batteries, Lenovo Battery, HP Laptop Keyboards, wireless keyboard & mouse, Laptop Keyboard, laptop cooling pads, Laptop backpacks, laptop bags, laptop stand, Extension board, Spike Guards in India.
List of Top 11 Best External Graphics Cards in India
Features of External Graphics Cards
- Modern external GPUs consist of many units, amounts, and features that determine the resulting rendering speed which will affect the gameplay.
- Let’s talk about some of the basic features of an eGPU.
- Fill Rate: Fill rate is the indicator of the speed of a graphics processor drawing pixels.
- 8GB Memory cards, 16GB Memory cards, 32GB memory cards, 64gb memory cards, 128gb memory cards, 256GB Memory card, 512 GB Memory Cards, 32GB pendrives, 64GB pendrive, 128GB pendrives, Samsung Memory Cards, Sandisk memory cards, OTG Pendrives, Memory Card Readers, Anti Reflection Computer Glasses, Laptop Power Bank, OTG Adapter, USB Extension Cable, HDMI to VGA converter, VGA to HDMI converter, AV to VGA Converter, VGA to AV converter, VGA Cables, OTG Cable, Power Banks, Syska Power Bank, Hard Disk Covers, Web Cameras, Fingerprint Scanners, Laptop Cleaning Kits
Texture Mapping Units (TMU)0
- These units cooperate with all types of shader processors, collecting and processing texture data necessary to provide a scene.
Raster Operation units (ROP)
- These units write the computed pixels into buffers and mix them.
- ROP performance affects the fill rate which is one of the key features of all graphics cards.
Type of External Graphics Cards
External Graphics cards are also known as portable graphics cards. Though normal graphics cards have two types, the external graphic cards have no specific categories. So instead, let’s discuss some basic terms which are associated with an external graphics card.
USB Graphics Card
- As technology is advancing towards the future, devices are getting smaller and easier to carry around.
- USB Graphics Cards are an example of that.
- Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like.
- It is an eGPU within a body a little larger than a pen-drive that can be inserted into a laptop via USB port.
External GPU Dock
- An external Graphics Card dock has a PCIe port for the graphics card that uses a USB cable to connect to your computer.
- Nvidia is an American company that manufactures GUPs and eGPUs for professional markets.
Buyer’s Guide – External Graphics Cards
- External Graphics cards are available in the tech-shops and computer centers. External Graphics Cards for laptops are a newer aspect of the technology.
- If you want to buy the best eGPU for a laptop or pc, keep some factors in mind.
- Many graphics cards are sufficient for gaming at 1080p resolutions at between 30-60 fps, but you’ll need a high-end card for resolutions at or near 4K resolution.
- So be sure to pair your eGPU with your computer for your needs. If your monitor has triple-digit refresh rates, you’ll definitely need a powerful card and processor to reach its full potential.
- If you are a desktop user with a CPU, make sure your pc case has enough space for the eGPU. Now, there are available external graphics cards for laptops and desktops in both online and physical markets.
- For getting further knowledge you can fire up your browser by searching on the internet using keywords such as— Nvidia External Graphics Cards for Laptop, External Graphics Cards Nvidia, etc.
How An External Graphics Card Works
- To put it in a simple sense— the computer sends the data through the PCI-E port to the eGPU via a slot connection or a cable.
- Then that data is processed by the GPU and sent to the monitors. If you want more technical talk, then let me explain. 4 components are needed to get an eGPU work— Computer, eGPU enclosure or adapter, Video card or eGPU, and Cable.
- Though it is possible to use a rudimentary adapter to connect an external GPU, eGPU enclosures are more commonly used because of the protection and reliable performance they provide.
- An eGPU enclosure provides a connection for the video card (such as a PCI Express slot) and has an interface for connecting to the computer, such as a USB port.
Top 11 List of External Graphics Cards in India-Buyers Guide
1. MSI GT 710 2GD3H LP DDR3 Gaming Graphic Card
Rating of this external Graphics card is Core/Memory- 954 MHz Core , 2048MB DDR3 1600 MHz, Video Output Function- Dual-link DVI-D x 1 , HDMI x 1 (Version 1.4a) , D-Sub x 1.
- Very easy to carry.
- It has a 3-year warranty provided by the manufacturer from the date of purchase.
- Cannot be used for more than 2 monitors at a time.
2. ZOTAC GeForce GT 710 2GB DDR3 Zone Edition Graphics Card with GeForce Experience
The Zotac GeForce eGPU has a rating of CUDA cores: 192; Recommended Power Supply: 300W; Power Consumption: 25W; Supported OS: Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP; Card Length: 146.05mm x 111.15mm.
- 3 monitors can be used at a time.
- Memory Bus:64-bit and Memory Clock:1600 MHz
- It may not work with big motherboards.
3. Asus GeForce GT 710 2GB GDDR5 HDMI VGA DVI Graphics Card Graphic Cards GT710-SL-2GD5-CSM
This graphics card is optimal for multi-tasking with 3 outputs for multi-display support. This product is built with auto-extreme manufacturing technology which delivers premium quality and reliability.
- It fully supports DX12 on Microsoft Windows 10.
- It makes monitoring functions easier.
- Costlier than other similar products.
4. Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card (GV-N710D5-2GL)
The rating of this eGPU is— Chipset: GeForce GT 710, Core Clock: 954 MHz, Process Technology: 28 nm, Memory Clock: 5010 MHz, Memory Size: 2 GB. This Gigabyte GeForce Features Dual-link DVI-I / HDMI and is integrated with a 2GB GDDR5 64bit memory interface.
- It supports full HD video.
- It also supports video games in high settings.
- Gigabyte is a very good graphics card for beginners.
- Good GPU for viewing 1080 p and 4k video on YouTube.
- You might need an extra adapter.
- Not suitable for playing video games in high settings.
5. ASUS GeForce GT710 2GB GDDR5 64-Bit 0db Low Profile Graphics Card
Rating of this Asus eGPU is Ram- 2 GB, RAM Type- GDDR5, Graphics Card Interface- PCI-E, Graphics Coprocessor- GeForce GT 710, and Mounting Hardware GT710-SL-2GD5-BRK.
- It has an exclusive heat sink design with passive cooling that ensures quiet HTPC and multimedia operation.
- This card fully supports DX12 on Microsoft Windows 10.
- Does not support laptops.
- It may not work with a 32-bit device.
6. NVIDIA Quadro P400 Professional Graphics Board – (VCQP400-PB) Graphic Cards
The Rating of this Nvidia GPU is Memory Clock Speed 2000 MHz, Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA Quadro K420, Graphics RAM Type GDDR5, Graphics Card Ram Size 2 GB, Graphics Card Interface PCI-E, Wattage 30 Watts.
- Very easy to install.
- Made with PNY Technologies.
- Does not support the 3D vision.
7. Gigabyte GeForce 210 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card (GV-N210D3-1GI)
Another product by Gigabyte. The rating of this eGPU is GV-N210D3-1GI; Core Clock: 520MHz/Memory Clock: 1200MHz.
- It has a built-in cooling component.
- It provides optimum signal transfer between connections.
- Does not support DirectX 11.
8. Nextron Technology Nvidia GeForce GT 710 2GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express Graphic Card with 3D Accelerator/Silent Cooling/HeatSink with Fan
This external graphics card is powered by Nvidia GeForce gt 710 GPU. Also, the card has low profile brackets included / 192 Cuda core / direct x 12.
- Supports PCI-express 2.0 x8 bus interface.
- It is integrated with the first 2048MB ddr3 memory and 64-bit memory interface
- The user may face problems with Graphic card drivers, resolution, screen aspect ratio, and black screen.
9. GALAX GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 64-bit HDMI DVI-D Gaming Graphics Card
The GALAX GeForce GT 1030 comes with a 64-bit 2 GB GDDR5 memory which is designed to be compatible with PCI Express-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x 16 graphics slot.
- It has a great powerful graphics engine.
- It is designed with Aluminum Heat-sink with a direct GPU.
- Way costlier than other similar products.
10. INNO3D NVIDIA GT710 2GB PCI Express Graphic Card
This INNO3D NVIDIA GT710 eGPU will ensure the best gaming experience, the day a game releases, by automatically updating your game-ready drivers. It is designed with NVIDIA PhysX technology which enables a new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience with GeForce.
- It enables vertical sync based on the current frame rates.
- Suitable for watching high-quality videos.
- The heat sink unit may not work properly.
If you want to enjoy watching videos of high resolution or play video games with an amazing experience, buying an external graphics card may be a perfect choice. But, of course, don’t forget to do some research on your own before you go to the market to buy one.
Is an external GPU worth it?
If you can buy the perfect external GPU suitable for you considering your pc capacity and other particulars, it is absolutely worth it.
How do I use an external graphics card on my laptop?
The installation instruction will be given with the product. The process is very easy.
Can I use eGPU without Thunderbolt?
It is possible but the process is complicated. If you don’t have a Thunderbolt port, you’ll need to open the case of your laptop and plug it into a PCIe port.
How much does an external GPU cost?
An eGUP price varies on its capacity and quality. The price range is generally 100 to 650 USD.
External Graphics card for laptop in India: External GPU for laptop India ranges from 3500 INR and onwards.