An Exide inverter battery serves as the source of direct current for the inverter that it is connected to. The inverter turns the direct current (which it gets from the Exide battery) into an alternating current. Then it feeds that current onto devices (like TVs, computers, lights, radios, and so on) that need it. The Exide inverter battery may work quite well while setting up a solar power unit. In this case, it is the solar energy that would be charging it. Then it passes the charge onto the inverter, for conversion into AC. And then the inverter passes the charge onto the various usable electric and electronic devices. You may also use it in a (mains) grid power backup unit (UPS).
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best-Distilled water for batteries, 12v batteries, inverter batteries, UPS Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Battery, Solar inverters, inverters, UPS for PCs, AAA batteries, AA batteries, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes in India.
Top 10 Best Exide Inverter Batteries in India
Features of Exide Inverter Battery
- Most Exide inverter batteries tend to have some good level of anti-spill sealing. This is a key feature, as many other types of batteries tend to be prone to rather messy spillage.
- Further, an Exide inverter battery usually has spark arrestors. This too is a key feature, as it has a huge impact on safety.
- At yet another level, an Exide inverter battery usually comes with well-molded handles. These make handling (lifting and carrying) quite easy.
Types of Exide Inverter Batteries
- There are Exide inverter batteries that are ideal for use in units that rely on solar power. Then there are those that are most ideal for use in units that rely on mains (grid) power.
- In the units that rely on solar power, it is energy from the sun that charges the batteries. The batteries keep the charge in DC form. Then inverters turn it from DC to AC, for onward feeding to the electrical and electronic devices.
- And in the units that rely on mains (grid) power, charging is by the flowing current from the grid. What the Exide batteries then do is store it. Then in case of power outages, they pass the stored charge to the inverters. That is for conversion into AC, and onward feeding to the electrical and electronic devices.
- On another note, there are Exide inverter batteries that are gelled (with no liquid that can spill in them). Then there are those that use the traditional acid and water model, rather than having a gel in them.
Buying Guide for Exide Inverter Battery
- You first need to think consider how many (and what sorts of) electrical devices you need power for. This will tell you what load capacity (in Ah units) you need in the Exide inverter battery.
- Take note that the capacity has an impact on the Exide inverter battery price. Higher capacity ones usually tend to cost quite a little more money. Thus if you need a higher capacity, be ready to pay a slightly higher Exide inverter battery price.
- Also, check how much space you have. If you are space is too little, consider opting for one of the more compact Exide batteries, which take less space.
How To Use Exide Inverter Battery?
- You first connect the Exide inverter battery to the inverter. Then you use the inverter’s AC output socket to draw power from it. This is the power that you then feed onto your electrical devices.
- Depending on your system, the battery will be charging from mains grid power, or from solar power.
- The first time you get it, you will need to first check how much charge it has. If that is too low, you may need to first charge it, before serious use.
- Set the connections between the battery and inverter firmly. Then ensure that nothing knocks them off. Be checking them once in a while.
- If what you got is a gelled Exide inverter battery, then it won’t need any maintenance (like water toppings). But if it is a traditional water and acid battery, water toppings would be needed every once in a while.
List of Top 10 Best Exide Inverter Batteries online in India
1. EXIDE INDUSTRIES Insta Brite Battery for Inverter UPS
It has a 150 Ah capacity. Comes with molded handles (for easier lifting and carrying).
- It comes with good anti-splash guards
- Checking its electrolyte levels is quite easy
- At 40 kg it is way lighter than most others
- May not work very well on uneven (tilted) surfaces – being an acid and water battery
- Opening it up for repairs may be at times tricky (if it happens to need such repairs)
2. Exide Solar C10 Battery for Inverter
Most ideal for use in storing the power drawn from solar panels. Can last for as long as 7 to 10 years.
- This battery is quite easy to maintain with just a few basic things
- Comes with 5 years (direct) warranty
- Usually tends to charge with much ease and in a smooth way
- The battery’s outer casing may with time get dull and start looking old
- Lifting and carrying is quite tough, due to the weight
3. Exide 100 Ah Instabrite Battery for UPS Inverters
This is a low-maintenance battery in most regards. Able to withstand tough conditions.
- It is much lighter than most other batteries of this type
- Has long (many) cycles of life
- Does not take up much space in the home or office
- Capacity is only 100 Ah
- Some may not quite like the red color
4. Exide (IT 500 Gel ) Battery for UPS Inverters
This is a modern high-tech 150 Ah battery. Inside it is gelled electrolyte.
- Does not require any sort of topping up
- It never spills (as it is gelled)
- Easy to keep clean (it has no messy discharges)
- Some may initially be uneasy about its much smaller size
- First-time fitting calls for some skill and time
5. Exide 150Ah Instabrite Battery for Inverters
Comes with tubular plates that are thick. Most ideal for use in places with unstable mains grid power.
- It has a 50 kW wattage
- Able to overcharge without getting too messed up
- The warranty is for a whole 3 years
- May need water toppings quite often
- Repair (if the need for it ever arises) would require a lot of skill
6. Exide SF Sonic Hups Inverter’s Battery
This is a pure sine wave UPS that is ideal for home use. It comes already factory charged.
- It is sturdy and may keep on serving for a long without breaking down
- Setting it up doesn’t need much time (as it comes factory charged)
- It doesn’t really take too much to maintain
- The top part of it is delicate (hence needs good care)
- May be quite easily messed up if too often overcharged
7. Exide SF Sonic Oriental Inverter’s Battery
Connects with ease to most of the commonly used inverters. Gives 150 Ah capacity.
- Copes well even in times or places with lots of heat
- Able to handle shocks and vibrations quite well
- Comes in factory-charged form, for easy set-up
- It has a 45 kg weight
- The outer casing seems to be a bit basic
8. EXIDE INDUSTRIES Insta Brite Red (150Ah) Inverters UPS Battery
Designed with dual plate separation (for longer service life). Can work well in homes and small business shops (with its 150 Ah capacity).
- It usually has a low water loss
- Works well even when it is very hot
- Does not take unduly big space
- It is not light in weight (at 80 kg)
- The warranty is quite basic
9. Exide Inva Homz Battery for Inverters
Meant for use within the home, at the office, or in a shop. Its capacity is 150 Ah.
- Does not cost a lot to maintain, once you buy it
- It is not very hard to install if you have the right tools
- The warranty runs for four years (48 months)
- Finding people who can repair it (in case it develops issues) may not be easy
- Needs at least 2 people to carry it around (since it is 45 kg)
10. EXIDE IK5000 Inverter Batteries
Comes with a 15-liter electrolyte volume. Works well with inverters ranging from 600 to 1200 VA.
- It has a robust structure (and hence may keep working for many years)
- The design is quite compact
- It is able to retain lots of charge for quite long time stretches
- Some may find it a bit costly
- The last half of its 42-month warranty is on a pro-rata basis
A good Exide inverter battery can help you continue enjoying the use of electrical and electronic devices even when off-grid. The info in this guide will help you while shopping for the best Exide inverters in India.
Is Exide battery good for the inverter?
Yes, most Exide inverter batteries work quite well.
How many years does an Exide inverter battery last?
On average (and with basic care), that is 5 to 7 years.
Which is the best Exide inverter battery?
One that has adequate capacity, is reliable and is convenient to use.