To some of you, the term epilator may be unknown. Epilator is a different kind of hair removal device. We are all familiar with razors (electrical and manual) and waxing more or less. Some of us even use hair removal cream to get rid of unwanted body hair. Epilators are very unusual body hair removal kit that looks like an electric razor but does the work of a waxing method.
It pulls off body hairs by grasping them mechanically. The process is very similar to waxing but there are some differences. Unlike waxing, epilators do not peel off any layer of skin cells. It only pulls off the hairs. Because of this property people also call in electric tweezers.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Hair Removal Razors for women, Trimmers, Nose Hair Trimmer, Eyebrow Trimmer, Bikini Trimmers, Epilators for Women, Pedicure Kits and Face Massager Machine in India.
Best Epilator for Women in India
Features of Epilator
- Over time, many new and convenient features have been added to it for the benefit of the users.
- Let’s know about some of the basic features, shall we?
Micro-ridged tweezing disks
- These ceramic-made tweezing disks can grab and pull off the hairs very easily.
Wide epilation head
- The wide epilators head enables the device to work on a wider body area and makes the hair removal process quicker.
- The light on the head of It helps you to target and remove the hairs.
Two in One
- This type of epilators comes with a detachable shaving head it.
Epilator for face
- As facial skin and hairs are way different from body skin and hair, you cannot use a normal epilator for them.
- By using a facial epilator, you can easily remove unwanted facial hair from your cheek, upper lips, under chins, etc.
Battery and cordless epilators
- The cordless epilators use batteries to operate. They require charging.
Speed control system
- It have a speed control system that will let you fast speed up or speed down the working speed of the device.
Types of Best Epilator for Women
There are mainly four types of epilators in the market
Spring type epilator
- No, this has nothing to do with the season of Spring. This epilator contains a coil spring.
- The design is such that the spring is bent into a curve where one side of the spring is compressed tightly and the other side is stretched apart.
- By the impact of the motor, the spring rotates of the skin and thus body hairs get stuck with the spring.
- Thus it pulls body hair.
Rotating Disc type epilators
- Rotating Disc type epilators are as same as the spring epilator.
- The only difference is instead of spring, it contains multiple metal discs.
- As the spring of spring-type epilators can break easily, it requires frequent replacing which is a major inconvenience.
- Rotating Disc-type epilators on the other hand does not need any replacing.
- That’s why it is more popular than the spring one.
- The tweezer-type epilators are the upgraded version of Rotating Disc epilators.
- Unlike rotating disc-type epilators, these tweezer-type epilators’ have heads that contain a series of metal plates that work as tweezers while rotating.
- You can call these epilators electric tweezers as well.
Wet Use type epilator
- These epilators are simply waterproofed.
- You can use these epilators in wet skin, in the shower, and with creams.
Buyer’s Guide for Best Epilator
- First of you should know, using an epilator is gonna hurt.
- So you have very sensitive skin, bruise or hurt easily you should think twice before getting one.
- If you are going to use it regularly, you should consider buying a wet-type epilator.
- If you travel a lot or think corded devices are too troublesome, you can buy a battery-driven cordless epilator.
- Also, buy an epilator based on the body part you are gonna use it for.
- Most women use epilators to remove leg or arm hair.
- But you want an epilator for your face, underarms, or bikini line, a tweezers head might be more suitable for you.
How To Use An Epilator?
- It works like waxing, pulling the hairs off from the roots.
- An epilator does not use wax though.
- It traps hairs by grasping them and pulls them using a rotating motion.
- So if you want to use an epilator, turn on the device and place its head with a 90-degree angle to your skin and simply roll it over towards the direction of hair growth like you paint on paper.
- Do not press it against your skin.
- If you are prone to pain, you can use numbing creams to ease the pain.
List of Top 7 Best Epilators for Women in India-Buyers Guide
1. Braun Silk-épil 3-270, Epilator for Long-Lasting Hair Removal, 20 Tweezer system, Smartlight technology, Massage rollers, and Shaver & Trimmer included, White and Pink
The Braun Silk-épil 3-270 is a good epilator for beginners. It contains a 20-tweezer heads system that gently removes hairs by the root. This product requires a Lithium-ion battery.
- It can remove even very short body hairs.
- It has smart light technology.
- It is not cordless.
2. Philips BRT382/15 Cordless Bikini Trimmer (White/Pink)
This epilator can also be used as a trimmer. It is very ideal to keep your bikini line clean. You can even style your hair with it.
- It has four-length settings.
- This product comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- The battery run time is only half an hour maximum.
3. Braun Epilator for women- Silk Epil 7 7-561 Women’s Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator Electric Hair Removal machine with 6 Extra Attachments
The Braun Silk-epil 7 epilator is a wet and dry type epilators. That means you can easily use it while showering. This product also promises to give painless service. It contains 40 tweeze grips on its head.
- It is very efficient on short hairs.
- Ideal for using on the bikini line.
- It comes with eight extra heads— a shaving head, a trimmer cap, a high-frequency massage cap, a sensitive area cap, a facial cap, and an efficiency cap
- Costlier than other similar products.
4. Philips BRE235/00 Corded Compact Epilator (White and Pink) for gentle hair removal at home
This Philips epilator can remove hairs as short as 0.5mm from the root. It has an ergonomic design. The product head is washable which gives optimal hygiene.
- You can control the speed of the performance.
- This product comes with a 2 years product warranty.
- The performance of the epilator is noisy.
5. Philips BRE245/00 Corded Compact Epilator (2 in 1 – shaver and epilator) for gentle hair removal at home
Philips is one of the best epilators in India. This BRE245/00 model is very efficient and removes the shortest hair from your body. Also, the head is washable which is very hygienic.
- You can control the speed of performance.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty.
- Not suitable for removing facial hairs.
6. Braun Epilator for women- SE1170 Silk-épil 1, Legs & Body Hair Removal System
This German-made Braun tweezer-type epilator removes the hairs in a single stroke. It also promises to remove hairs 3 times shorter than wax.
- It removes hair from the roots.
- It does not require any cord.
- Does not have any controlling system.
7. Philips Cordless Epilator– All-Rounder for Face and Body Hair Removal (White)
This Phillips cordless epilator is a wet and dry type product. You can use it on wet or soaking skin without any problem. It is suitable for use on both body and face.
- The design contains a smart light to better target unwanted hair.
- It comes with various shapes of heads which lets you reduce or increase the hair removing area.
- Costlier than other similar products.
Using an epilator for the first time might feel pain but you will get used to it over time. Also, buy an epilator that provides quality hygiene. Keep your skin clean and drink a lot of water.
Is Braun or Philips epilators better?
Both are very good brands. Though considering the responses are reviews from the users, Philips epilators might be a little bit ahead.
Is it better to Epilate wet or dry?
Soaking the skin with water softens the hair roots, which makes it easier and less painful to pull off the hair. So it is better to epilate wet.
Is epilator bad for the skin?
Epilating your hair might leave some irritation and sometimes it even causes ingrown hairs. Otherwise, using it is safe.
Which epilator is best for pubic hair?
The epilators that have tweezer-heads and also have an extra trimmer head are the best choice for removing pubic hairs.
Is epilator better than waxing?
Both waxing and epilators are good hair removal methods. Waxing is a little less painful whereas, epilators are fast and easy to get done with.
Does the epilator hurt?
Yes, the epilator hurts. Not going to lie about that.