Embroidery thread is meant for use in decorating fabrics. It is the thread through which one gets to impose the various embroidery patterns. One typically puts the thread into a needle and then uses cross-stitching or other techniques to put ornate patterns on the fabric. You will find the thread useful if you dabble in embroidery as a hobby. The thread can also be useful to you if you engage in embroidery as a business venture. There are also people who run institutes where they train people on how to do embroidery. Those too can find the embroidery thread helpful. In all cases, for embroidery work to proceed, there has to be some sort of thread. And not just any sort of thread will serve the purpose. It has to be the special embroidery thread.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Kasuti Embroidery, Embroidery Sarees, Phulkari embroidery, 7 sewing machines, Merritt Sewing Machines, Sewing Machine Tables, Electric Sewing Machines, Singer Sewing Machines, Usha Sewing Machines, Singer Sewing Machines, Inch Tapes, Sewing machine motors, Measuring Tapes, Dhoti Pants, Dhoti Kurta for Men, Dhoti, Dhoti salwar sets, Dhoti kurta for women, Lungi for men, Ramraj Dhoti, Ramraj Shirts, Track Pants, Track Pants for men, Tracksuits for Boys, Tracksuit for Men, Adidas Track Pants, Nike Track Pants, Track Pants for Women, tracksuits for Girls, Tracksuit for women, Jockey Track Pants, Puma Track Pants, Sports Jacket, night dress for girls, nightdress for women, nightsuits for women, cotton nighties, pushup bras, T-shirt bras, Bra & Panty sets in India.
Top 10 Best Embroidery Threads in India
Features of Embroidery Thread
- One feature that really matters in embroidery threads is the color. For any given embroidery project, there is a certain color of thread that has to be used. In most cases, what is critical is not just the basic color, but also the specific shade.
- Another feature that matters in embroidery threads is the thickness. This determines what sort of fabric you can embroider with the thread, and what you can’t. It may also determine the sort of patterns you can embroider with the thread. Some patterns require fine thin thread, while others require thicker thread.
- Yet another feature that is important in embroidery threads is smoothness. This determines how the patterns you embroider on the fabric using the thread will come out.
Types of Embroidery Threads
- There are stranded embroidery cotton threads. Then there are pearl cotton embroidery threads. There are also silk embroidery threads. Then there is woollen embroidery thread.
- There are hand embroidery threads. Then there are machine embroidery threads. We also have threads that are suitable for both hand and machine embroidery.
- There are crotchet threads that people sometimes use for embroidery. Then there is knitting yarn, which people sometimes use for embroidery.
- We have rayon floss, which people often use as a thread in embroidery projects. Then there is cotton floss, which people sometimes use as a thread in embroidery projects.
Buying Guide for Embroidery Thread
- You have to start by asking yourself what sort of embroidery project you intend to undertake. More specifically, consider the type of fabric you wish to decorate through embroidery. Then consider the type of patterns you wish to use. These will determine what sort of thread is ideal for you.
- Go for an embroidery thread that is convenient to work with. Also, go for a thread that forms patterns that don’t fray easily. And ensure that the thread you buy is one whose color won’t wash off easily.
- Consider the embroidery thread price too. Don’t focus your attention entirely on getting the lowest embroidery thread price. Sometimes, by adding just a little extra money, you may get far better thread quality.
How To Use Embroidery Thread?
- Firstly, you need to come up with the patterns on that you will be basing your embroidery work. Then work out where exactly on the fabric those patterns are to go.
- The next step is to put the embroidery thread into the needle. This may be a needle that you are to stitch with manually. Or it may be a needle that is part of an embroidery machine.
- You then need to carefully stitch the embroidery pattern on the fabric. Sometimes, you may want to have first sketched the pattern on the fabric with a pen. Now you follow the sketch while working with needle and thread.
- Ensure that the edges are clean and that you don’t leave any strands of the thread loose.
List of Top 10 Best Embroidery Threads in India-Buyers Guide
1. VARDHMAN YARN Arts Collection (Cotton) Hand Embroider Threads
This comes in a pack of 25 skeins. Each of the skeins in this package has a length of 8 yards.
- The colors are nicely varied
- Price is quite low for the amount of thread you get
- The thread is versatile (suitable for use in a wide range of projects)
- For each color, there are two skeins
- Some may find the 8 yards skein length too much
2. Embroidery material Multi Color Crochet Tatting Threads
What you get here are 10 rolls of thread. The material is cotton.
- The 30-meter length per thread is adequate for most people’s typical needs
- The thread is quite smooth
- This thread does not fade easily
- Some may find the colors not shiny enough
- The price can come across as a bit high
3. K G group Cotton Cross Stitched Threads for Embroidery
Comes as a set of 100 pieces. This is a multicolor package of embroidery thread.
- This thread is quite sturdy
- The circular layout of the thread makes it convenient to use in projects
- It has almost all commonly used colors in embroidery projects
- This is not a cheap thread
- Since it comes in 25 colors, working out which one to use in a project may be overwhelming
4. TIMESETL Crochet Thread (Set of 10 Balls)
The approximate length is 60 meters. The material is cotton.
- The thread is adequately thick
- Suitable for both hand and machine embroidery
- The price is not too high
- Comes in only a few colors
- Since the thread is thick, it may not be suitable for embroidery on certain delicate fabrics
5. Goelx Silk Thread for jewelry, Tassel Making and Embroidery Crafts
What you get here are 25 individual rolls of thread. Each of the threads comes in one of the most commonly used colors in embroidery.
- The colors are bright
- Very easy to set up on embroidery machine (due to proper rolling)
- Works well in a wide range of embroidery projects
- This thread is relatively costly
- The thread is quite soft and may tear if very roughly handled
6. Anam Arts Collection Cotton Thread for Embroidery
Comes in a pack of 50. Colors are varied (it is a multicolor set).
- Thread length is quite good
- The packaging for this thread is decent
- Fading effect is minimal
- Some may find the thread unduly soft
- Getting the thread into the needle requires some patience
7. iCraft Cotton Embroidery Threads
This is a pack of 100 pieces. The material is 100% cotton.
- The colors are rather vivid
- Thread is quite sturdy, hence easy to work with
- Besides embroidery, one can also use the threads for stringing beads, making bracelets and so on
- The price is relatively high
- Some may find the thread too thick (it is a cotton thread)
8. Jasol Embroidery Cotton Embroidery Threads
What you get here is a pack of 100 skeins. The core material is mainly cotton.
- Comes in beautiful colors
- Thread doesn’t tear easily (being a sturdy cotton thread)
- Suitable for a wide array of uses within the needlework context
- Some may feel that the length could be more
- The variety of colors to choose from here may be overwhelming
9. Anchor Double Shaded Cotton Embroidery Threads
Comes in a pack of 25 pieces. The individual strands have double shading (in terms of color).
- The thread is rather smooth and easy to work with
- Color does not wash off easily
- Embroidery patterns made with these threads don’t fray easily
- The price is not very cheap
- The choice of colors is limited
10. Boss poly Silk Embroidery Threads
What you get here are 20 rolls, each with a different color. The approximate total length is 900 meters.
- The thread does not tear easily while working (as it has high tensile strength)
- Length is adequate for most typical needs
- Easy to install onto the embroidery machine
- Some may find the colors too bright
- The 20 rolls in the pack may be superfluous to some potential users
To be able to do embroidery work effectively, you need good quality embroidery thread. This guide can help you while shopping for the best embroidery threads in India.
What is the best thread for embroidering?
One that is of the right color, with good tensile strength and adequate length.
What is the embroidery thread called?
Some may also refer to it as embroidery floss.
What is the cost of the embroidery thread?
Embroidery thread price mostly ranges from 190 to 400 Indian rupees.