Whenever we think of cooking, stoves remain of major importance. Stoves are one of the most essential pieces of equipment required in a kitchen. Though gas stoves are the ones that are the most used for a long time, electric stoves have also risen in popularity. Electric stoves are much different from gas stoves. Instead of the flames, it works on the electric heating element.
The electric coil heats as soon as the current passes as that heat allows the vessel to heat. Through the heat, the food gets cooked. The speed of the electric stove is quite faster as compared to the gas stove & it is a great replacement for solid fuel. They have almost all the features of a gas stove. The heat of the electric coil stoves can be controlled and the options for the number of burners are available as well. Some of them also have a thermostat control. Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Automatic gas stoves, Glass Top Gas Stove, Preethi Gas Stoves, Sunflame Gas stoves, single burner Gas stoves, 2 Burner Gas stoves, 3 Burner Gas stoves, 4 Burner Gas stoves, Induction Stove, Electric Rice cookers, Electric Kettles, prestige electric kettles, Electric Tandoors, Kitchen chimneys in India.
Top 10 Electric Stove Brands in India
Features of Electric Stove
- It provides you with several features.
- They can provide you with much faster cooking as compared to gas stoves.
- These are much more efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Some of these stoves are shock-resistant to make your cooking experience safer.
- The electric coil stoves also provide good thermal efficiency and nice durability.
- They are good in terms of look as well.
Types of Electric Stoves
There are several types.
- Among them, induction is one of the most popular ones.
- The other varieties are found in terms of the number of burners.
- Portable Electric coil stoves come from a single burner to more of them.
- The other differences come in terms of power consumed by the stove and the wattage provided by it.
- There are small and lightweight stoves as well as big stoves.
- You can choose one as per your preferences and requirements.
Buyer’s Guide for Electric Stove
- These are better options when it comes to buying stoves.
- But you should be careful about certain things while buying it.
- First and foremost, you should always look for the quality of the wire.
- You can never compromise on the quality of the wire and plug-in case of electric items.
- Then you should check the build quality of the stove.
- The better the build quality, the longer your stove is going to last.
- Select an Electric stove price based on the price range and size that is best suitable for you.
- It would be better if you go for an environmentally friendly electric stove.
- Also, look for a shock-resistant one to ensure more of your safety.
How to use Electric Stove?
- Electric stoves do not work based on flames, unlike gas stoves. It works by using a heating element.
- The electric coil present in the stove is used as a heating element.
- As soon as the current is passed, the electric coil starts heating.
- The top of the stove is either open or covered with glass or ceramic. In both cases, the heat of the coil is transferred to the cooking vessel.
- The cooking process is done all through the current passed through the coil.
- You can take out the coil but you should be very careful. The cleaning and maintenance of the stove are quite easy but risky.
- So you should always be careful while using it.
List of Top 10 Electric Stoves Online in India-Buyers Guide
1. VIDS Smallest Portable 500watt Coil Electric coil Stove for Cooking/Coil Stove/Induction Stove, Steel
It is a small, lightweight, and portable stove.
– The electric stove price is much more affordable.
– This stove has a nice build quality.
– The quality of the wire is not that good.
2. BAJAJ VACCO Electric Coil Hot Plate (2000 WATT PC W/REG, Black)
This is a nice electric stove from a reputed brand.
– It is less power-consuming.
– This Bajaj electric coil stove is durable and long-lasting.
– The electric emission is sometimes transferred to the whole stove body.
3. BERZ Electric Portable Coil Stove Induction Cooker with 1 Year Warranty 1250W (G-Coil) 3 Level Adjustable Switch (Silver)
It is a safer and smarter alternative for cooking.
– This stove has great thermal efficiency and it saves energy.
– The product is worth spending the money on.
– There is no presence of indicator that shows whether the stove is on or off.
4. Hytec 1250 Watt Theeta Electric Hot Plate Induction Cooktop/Induction Cooker/Handy Coil Cooktop/Electric Coil Stove
It is an average product with a warranty for a year.
– It is a lightweight product that makes it easy to carry.
– It is shockproof and environment-friendly.
– The electric stove price is quite higher.
5. Fiiasa® 220v 50HZ 600W Metal Shisha Hookah Coal Burner Electric Stove Heater with Tong Coal Lighter Shisha Plate Burner Hookah Food Warming, Coffee/Tea Making, Baby Food
It is a nice portable stove and can be used to burn hookah coals.
– The Electric stove price is much more affordable.
– The performance of the stove is much more efficient.
– The coating comes off quite easily.
6. VARSHINE Happy Home Steel Hot Plate Electric coil Stove Model-G. Coil N-8, Medium, Silver
This stove is an efficient product.
– The speed of the stove is good.
– It is shockproof and much safer.
– It might not be very durable.
7. ORBON Double With Temperature Control Knob 1000 Watt + 1000 Watts Electric Coil Cooking Stove | Electric Cooking Heater | Induction Cooktop | G Coil Hot Plate Stove | Works With All Cookwares (White)
It is an easy-to-clean and safe stove.
– It is compatible with all types of cookware.
– This stove has fast heating and automatic thermostat control.
– The cost is higher as compared to its features.
8. Airex Stainless Steel Hot Plate Electric Coil Cooking Stove | Electric Cooking Heater | Induction Cooktop | G Coil Hot Plate Cooking Stove (2000W)
It is an efficient and durable stove to use.
– It provides more wattage in less voltage.
– The length of the wire of this stove is much longer.
– The durability of the product is quite doubtful.
9. Vaibhav electronic Electric coil Stove (Black)
It is easy to use.
– The performance of the stove is good as far as the price is concerned.
– The speed of the stove is not that good.
– The quality of the wire is not that good.
10. Varshine Willpro, Hot Plate || Electric coil Stove || Model- G. Coil H-85
This is a general stove with average performance.
– It is easy to use and has high thermal efficiency.
– It is quite costly as far as its features are concerned.
Electric stoves are comparatively much safer for a household. They are good for the environment as well because they don’t use solid fuel. It provides you with several other features as well. Though we are using gas stoves, switching to an electric coil stove can be a good option. You can consult the list above to find yourself a good electric stove.
- Which is better, electric stove or induction?
Induction is a derivative of an electric stove. Both electric and induction stove have their advantages and disadvantages. But induction can be stated as a better option. Induction is more efficient than an electric stove in terms of safety, cleaning, and speed.
- How do electric stove coils work?
The electric stoves don’t work on flame, unlike the gas stoves. The electric coil is the heating element in the coil that produces heat. As soon as electricity is passed, the coil starts getting heated up and provides the required heat. It might have the coil only or a glass or ceramic cover.
- Can you soak electric stove coils?
Never soak the electric coil of your electric stove. It can cause harm to the electric part and can damage your stove. There are several other ways of cleaning your e-stove. You can manually remove the food particles. The heavy stains can also be removed by applying baking soda paste.
- How do you remove electric stove coils?
You should be very careful while removing the coil of your electric stove. First of all, turn off the burners of the stove and let it cool down to prevent yourself from hurting. Then turn off the switch of the socket where your stove is plugged in. Carefully remove the coil of the stove and clean your stove.