Sewing is one of the most important life hacks a person could learn. And if you are really good at it, sewing could be a way of your earning source in crucial times. Before, by before I mean in the last century, people used to hand sew clothes. Then came the manual sewing machine where you had to run the wheel with your hand or foot paddle. As technology has advanced, sewing machines have gone through several upgrades as well. Now we have an electric sewing machine which made sewing a lot less-troublesome.
It is one of the main reasons why third-world countries like India and Bangladesh have progressed so much in the garment industry. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best 7 sewing machines, Usha Sewing Machines, Singer Sewing Machines, Sewing Machine Tables, Inch Tapes, Sewing machine motors, Measuring Tapes in India.
Top 10 Best Electric Sewing Machine Varieties in India
Features of Electric Sewing Machine
- The electric sewing machines have many convenient features.
- One of them is that they are a lot lighter than manual sewing machines.
- It is mostly because the body is made of plastic.
- The other convenient features of electric sewing machines are— automatic buttonholer, auto thread tension, feed-dog adjustment, free arm, integrated dual feed, automated needle threader, lock stitch facility, presser foot, top-loading bobbins, stitch selector, etc.
- Electric sewing machines give you better control of sewing because you can use both of your hands on the cloth.
Types of Electric Sewing Machines
Depending on the purpose electric sewing machines can be categorized into two types— domestic and industrial.
- The domestic machines have less capacity comparably. They consist of fewer features as well. They are rather small in size and light in weight.
- The industrial sewing machines on the other hand are built for heavy-duty. You can work on this for several hours non-stop and they have more features as well.
Buyers Guide for Electric Sewing Machine
- There are some basic factors that you should consider before buying electric sewing machines.
- The machine you will buy should be easily openable.
- This way you can clean the lint.
- Try to avoid machines made of chip plastic.
- Make a checklist of the stitch options you want.
- Find out the length of the warranty and what it covers.
- Also, ask if you can get your machine serviced locally or will you need to mail it somewhere.
- Talk to other sewers and find out the experience they’ve had with customer service with the company you’re considering buying from.
- Sewing machines make a lot of noise.
- Buy the one that makes the least noise.
- It will help you to concentrate on your work.
How to use Electric Sewing Machine?
- Electronic sewing machines have a single motor that drives the needle, in conjunction with a feeding mechanism, through the fabrics.
- The motor is operated by a foot pedal –press harder on the pedal to sew faster – leaving both hands free to guide the fabric.
- Most have a dial on the side that lets the user change stitch type and length.
- These machines are available in a wide choice of models.
- Electronic sewing machines are great all-rounders suitable for both novices and experienced sewers alike.
List of Top 10 Best Electric Sewing Machines in India-Buyers Guide
1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine (White and Blue)
The Usha Dream Stitch sewing machine has four-step buttonholing. There is also a dial option for the user to select the desired pattern.
- This sewing machine comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has an auto tripping bobbin system.
- The installation process is a little critical.
2. Singer Promise 1408 Sewing Machine
The Singer Promise sewing machine includes all the basic features that the user needs to create almost any project. Basic and decorative stitches include an automatic buttonhole and a simple stitch selection.
- This machine offers a straightforward threading path that saves time on the heavy-duty metal frame.
- All the necessary accessories are provided by the manufacturer.
- Not suitable for hard fabrics like jeans.
3. Brother GS 3700 Sewing Machine
Brother GS sewing machine comes with a one Step buttonhole & Picot foot. It also has a stitch length & wide controller and automatic needle threader.
- It has 71 Stitch Functions with 37 stitches.
- All the necessary accessories are included.
- Costlier than other similar products.
4. Bernette Sew & Go 8-197 Stitch Designs Computerized Sewing Machine: Swiss Design by BERNINA Switzerland
The Bernette Sew & Go 8 is a Computerized Sewing Machine. It comes with a standard 8 Presser feet soles including the Pico’s foot.
- This machine comes with 197 built-in stitch patterns including Alphabets, Signs, and Characters.
- It has an LCD view monitor that shows the control and setting panel.
- There is no warranty on this machine.
5. Merritt 1409 Electric Sewing Machine
Merritt 1409 Electric Sewing Machine offers free arms for sewing difficult-to-reach areas. It also comes with a heavy-duty metal frame for skip-free sewing.
- The machine comes with 8 Built-in stitch patterns with stitch guides.
- Very suitable for domestic use.
- Costlier than other similar products.
6. DONYER POWER Electric Sewing Machine Portable Mini with 12 Built-in Stitches, 2 Speeds Double Thread, Embroidery, Foot Pedal Best for Beginner
Donyer Power electric sewing machine is a Treadle Powered machine. It is also very easy to use.
- The product is very light weighted.
- Very is it to transport.
- No warranty.
7. Appigo Electric Sewing Machines for Home Tailoring Use Small Household Sewing Machine with 12 inbuilt Stitches, Multicolor
Appigo is a great sewing machine for beginners. It is very light weighted and offers options like reversing and overlock.
- This item has a multifunction sewing tool.
- The product is portable and easy to use.
- Does not come with batteries.
8. HNESS Multi Electric Mini 4 in 1 Desktop Functional Household Sewing Machine With Stand, Mini Sewing Machine, Sewing Machine for Home Tailoring, Mini Sewing Machine for Home (Mini Sewing Machine With Stand)
This sewing machine comes with a built-in lamp, thread cutter, and cuff slot. It also has easy to rewind the bobbins on the winding pole.
- The price is low which makes it very affordable.
- Suitable for domestic use.
- It cannot sew thick fabric.
9. HOOK I Sewing Machine Electric Handheld Sewing Machine Mini Handy Stitch Portable Needlework Cordless Handmade DIY Tool Cloths Portable, white
Hook I sewing machine is the smallest sewing machine on this list. It has such a low price that even a student can afford it.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- Very easy to use.
- Not available in the local market.
10. ISABELLA Multi Electric Mini 4 in 1 Desktop Functional Household Sewing Machine, Mini Sewing Machine for Home, Sewing Machine for Home Tailoring (Sewing Machine)
This Isabella Multi electric mini sewing machine is easy to install and portable. The price is low as well. The machine comes with all the necessary accessories.
- It provides enough light sources for your sewing job with a built-in lamp.
- It features a winding pole and thread spindle for easy rewinding of the bobbins.
- It cannot stitch on thick fabrics like denim, velvet, and other thick fabrics.
You should learn sewing for your own convenience. And for this, if you need a sewing machine, hopefully, this article will help you to find the right one.
What is the price of electric sewing machines?
The price of electric sewing machines ranges from 500 INR to 10,000 INR.
Which are the best electric sewing machines in India?
It is hard to mention one specific sewing machine brand, but Singer and Usha are doing great in the market in recent years.