An electric rice cooker is essentially an electrical appliance that automates the process of cooking rice by electrically controlling the timing and heating of the bowl.
An electric rice cooker is a pot that has been designed to cook or steam rice. The thermostat of the rice cooker measures the temperature of the bowl and thereby controls the heat. Also, check the buyers guide for Best Electric kettles & Best Electric Tandoors in India.
It is primarily made of four parts – the main body, electric heating plate, inner cooking pan, and thermal-sensing device. Also, it equipped with buttons that are used to preset the heat and the timing of the cooker so that the rice gets cooked in the cooker automatically.
Top 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India
Buyers Guide – Electric Rice Cooker
Keep in mind that you need to focus on multiple features & price ranges of electric rice cookers available in the market.
Just consider the below factors while choosing an electric rice cooker for you:
- First and foremost, a rice cooker should have safety features.
- It must have automatic shut-off and cool-touch handles that ensure the safety of the users.
- This also allows users to cook rice without worrying & the next important feature is the removable non-stick interior.
- The removable interior makes it easy to clean the electric rice cooker.
- The electric cooker should be programmable, which allows you to set different timing and heating options.
- It should be dishwasher safe, bringing ease to your daily routine.
- Depending upon your requirement, you may choose a rice cooker of the small, medium, or large quantity.
- Make note of whether the electric cooker has a locking mechanism.
- You may also want to look out for the advanced features of the cooker if you have a sufficient budget.
- Good-quality rice cookers come with the steaming basket and mittens.
- Top-quality electric cookers also have clear transparent lids as well as digital touch-options.
- Rice cookers are available in either stainless steel body or a plastic body & the stainless-steel body is preferred over the plastic-body.
Features of an Electric Rice Cooker
The rice cooker has a great many features. And these feature safety options such as automatic cut-off and cool-touch handles and lids.
- First of all, the rice cooker must have at least 1kg capacity.
- The design of the rice-cooker should also be ergonomic so that it can be placed and moved from one place to another easily.
- The rice cooker should also have cool-touch handles and lid.
- Usually, top-quality rice cookers feature aluminum cooking pans.
- The pans must be made of high-quality material that would ensure the pans do not get scratched or dented easily.
- Also, it should have safety features that make it user-friendly.
- Good-quality rice cookers are energy-efficient, saving you a good amount of money on electricity bills.
Types of Electric Rice Cookers
There are generally four types of rice cookers:
Standard Rice Cooker
- These are simple rice cookers that do an impressive job of steaming and cooking rice in an electrically-powered pot.
Improved Rice Cooker
- They use the technology of a standard rice cooker but are equipped with a few more features such as warm mode, non-sticking pan, available in different sizes, etc.
Multifunctional Rice Cooker
- They expand upon the previous cooker; just differ in the sense that these are multifunctional rice cookers.
Induction Rice Cooker
- An induction rice cooker produces more consistent heat than all above. This is the best type of rice cooker.
How Does an Electric Rice Cooker Works?
Rice requires two things to get cooked– water and heat. Rice undergoes four stages to get cooked fully:
- Soaking in the water
- Boiling of the water
- Rice absorbing the water
- Resting period before serving the rice
Rice cookers are made of four parts – the main body, heating plate, inner pan, and the thermal sensing device.
- A rice cooker has been designed to take the rice through the abovementioned four stages automatically, and cook perfectly fluffy rice.
- It transfers the heat from the heating plate to the inner pan.
- The rice and water are poured into the pan of the rice cooker.
- And the water boils at 212 degrees.
- Once it reaches the right boiling point it stops heating.
- At this time, the rice absorbs the water.
- Then the cooker automatically shuts off and lets the rice rest.
List of Top 10 Electric Rice Cookers in India
Since there are different types of electric rice cookers available in the market, if your budget permits, it’s best to go for the latest and upgraded design that is highly functional as well as stylish.
1. Prestige 700-Watts Electric Cooker 1.8-2 with 2 Aluminium Cooking Pans:
This is one of the best available cookers in the market. It prepares the best-cooked rice according to your taste; not too mushy, not too chewy, just perfectly fluffy and dry.
- Prestige Electric Rice Cooker has a detachable power cord and comes with 2 aluminum pans.
- This has cool-touch and ergonomic handles. Also, this has a capacity of 1kg rice
- You can cook soup, stew, rice, idlis, pulao, porridge, and also steam vegetables in this cooker
- The lid fits perfectly, which ensures good steaming of the rice
- They are not heavy-duty, which means the pans can get dented or scratched easily
2. Bajaj 1.8-Litre Electric Rice Cooker RCX 5:
This is a well-designed and functional rice cooker. It’s a smart solution for small families. And it has sturdy handles, which gives you the ease of moving the cooker from one place to another.
- Bajaj Electric Rice Cooker has a large capacity of 1.8 liters.
- It has user-friendly controls and is safe-to-use
- And it requires lesser power
- Also, it features a beautiful exterior
- Users have complained that its automatic switch may not work properly
3. Butterfly Wave Multi-Cooker with 1.2-Litre Capacity:
This silver and black rice cooker looks very chic & it is the best solution if you cook rice often. With its attractive features, Butterfly Wave is the best kitchen partner for you.
- Butterfly Rice Cooker made with top-class stainless steel material
- This is lightweight and compact in design
- It comes with good safety features such as automatic cut-off, see-through lid, etc.
- It has a wider mouth that ensures easy filling & cleaning
- Also, it has a swivel base
- The bottom of the cooker gets burned easily
4. Panasonic 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker SR-WA18 :
This lets you savour the taste of perfectly-cooked and flavoured rice. In this cooker, you can cook various dishes of the rice and boast your cooking skills in front of your friends.
- Panasonic Rice Cooker has a sturdy design that gives it durability
- The product is lightweight, yet capable of cooking rice for 6 people
- This has anodized cooking pans & a scoop holder
- It is an expensive product
5. Panasonic 450-Watt Automatic Cooker SR-WA10 Without Warmer:
This is an ergonomically-designed, compact, and energy-efficient cooker. It cooks the rice efficiently as well as retains the nutritional value in the cooked rice. And its compact size makes it ideal for your kitchen counter.
- Panasonic Rice Cooker has a scooped holder and cool-touch handles.
- It has automatic power functions
- This is a safe-to-use rice cooker & comes with a 2-years warranty
- It requires good-quality maintenance
6. Mealthy 9-in-1 Programmable Cooker with Steamer Basket, Stainless Steel Pot, Pressure Cook, Slow Cook & Saute:
This is a top-quality and advanced pressure cooker that gives you amazing automatic features to cook rice. Also, it offers great safety features to let you cook without any worry.
- Mealthy Electric Rice Cooker comes with the 3-quartz stainless steel pots, steel steamer gasket, and 4cm raised trivet
- This has an easy-touch control panel & wide-steam vent handle
- It is a 9-in-1 programmable advanced rice cooker
- It could come with a better warranty
7. Geek Robocook Automatic 5 Litre Pressure Cooker with Feather Touch Preset Menu & 11 in 1 Function:
This is an amazing-quality pressure cooker, which has a large capacity of 5 litres. It is the perfect electric pressure cooker if you cook feasts often.
- Geek Robocook Pressure Cooker has 11 preset menus
- This is multi-layered with safety mechanisms
- The cooker uses advanced digital technology to cook the rice
- Its cooking process preserves the nutritional value of the cooked food
- It is not a user-friendly cooker
8. KENT 0.9-litres & 180-Watt Personal Electric Rice Cooker:
This is a functional, stylish, and high performing electric rice cooker. It is the perfect device for bachelors and travellers. No matter whether you are perched in a snowy mountain top or a lonely hostel room, the Kent Cooker cooks the finest quality rice.
- KENT Electric Rice Cooker has a portable and compact design. And it comes with an advanced induction heating feature
- The cooker has a delay function, which lets you cook at your preferred time
- It can be carried easily anywhere
- This is a safe-to-use and easy-to-use cooker
- Users have complained that the cooker cooks food slowly
9. Pigeon 1.8 litres Stovekraft Joy A Smart Rice Cooker with Single Pot:
This is a smart rice cooker for your kitchen that brings ease in your daily cooking routine. Also, it can be used for cooking stews, porridges, and other dishes.
- Pigeon Rice Cooker has a 1.8-litre capacity that is sufficient for 5-6 people.
- This has an aluminium cooking plate
- The handles are cool-touch, which provides an easy-grip
- It can keep your food warm after it has been cooked
- Users have said that the rice gets burnt at the bottom
10. Brayden Rizo 500 W Rice Cooker with One-Step Automatic Cooking:
This is capable of cooking fluffy tender rice in a matter of minutes. With its ivory white exterior, the Brayden cooker looks classic and stylish.
- Brayden Rizo Electric Rice Cooker is perfect for big families.
- The cooker has an automatic cooking feature
- And the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan
- Users have complained that the pot is made of cheap quality material
Our top choice is the Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watts Delight Electric Rice Cooker. It is well-designed, pre-programmed, and equipped with useful features that perform impressively.
However, if you would like budget-friendly options, we would recommend you to go for KENT Personal Rice Cooker. You may also check out the other options listed above – they are mostly affordable, highly functional, and useful electric rice cookers.
What is an electric rice cooker?
An electric rice cooker is an instant pot that automatically cooks rice within a few minutes.
What are the types of electric rice cookers?
There are four types of rice cookers:
- Standard rice cooker
- Improved rice cooker
- Multifunctional rice cooker
- Induction rice cooker
Which electric cooker is best & price?
The Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watts Delight Electric Rice Cooker is the best rice cooker. Its price is Rs 2695.