An electric kettle is an enclosed pot that is either made of glass, metal, or ceramic. It has a self-contained heating unit for heating the water. And it offers a quick and convenient way to heat the water.
There are many high-quality electric kettles, which allow you to boil the water on a specific temperature. These high-quality kettles help you in making the coffee or tea of a specific flavour. Also, check the buyers guide for Best water Dispensers in India
All the electric kettles have the mechanisms of auto-shut, dry-boil, and overheating protection and steam sensor, which makes electric kettles a safe and easy to use the electrical appliance. Made of the stainless steel commonly, these are durable and portable, which can also be carried out wherever you go.
Top 10 Best Electric Kettles in India
Buyers Guide – Electric Kettle
There are multiple factors that must be kept in mind while buying an electric kettle. Because a more powerful electric kettle allows the water to boil quickly.
- First of all, you must decide whether you want a kettle with a cord or a cordless kettle. Both of the kettles have their pros and cons.
- Another important factor for consideration is the capacity of the electric kettle. An electric kettle should have 4-6 cups capacity.
- Travel-sized electric kettles tend to have a capacity of 4 cups. If you want the kettle for home use, you may prefer the kettle with the capacity of 6 cups.
- The kettle must have 1500 watts power. The water gauge lets you see the amount of water boiling in the kettle.
- Filter sieves all the small particles that are spreading impurity in the water.
- An electric kettle must be made of high-quality material – which lasts you long.
- A low-quality kettle melts and breaks down easily.
- You must invest in the high-quality electric kettle, which also does not pose any danger to you in the kitchen.
- Lastly, you may decide upon the material of the kettle.
- Usually, an electric kettle is made of stainless steel. But, electric kettles are also made of ceramic and glass material.
Features of an Electric Kettle
The electric kettle has a great many features. The electric kettles come with a cord or they are cordless. Cordless kettles are easier to handle than the kettle with the cord attached.
- The best electric kettle has preset temperature choices, which allows the users to heat the water instantly.
- Most of the kettles also have a “keep warm” button, which keeps the water warm for thirty minutes – after it has been boiled.
- Electric kettles are also equipped with the filter that prevents small particles from falling into your cup of tea.
- Kettles also have a water gauge that allows you to determine the amount of water filled in the kettle.
- Normally, these have a capacity of the 6-4 cups water.
Types of Electric Kettles
Generally, there are two types of electric kettles, which are stovetop kettles and electric kettles. The electric kettles can be further broken down into cord-attached kettles and cordless electric kettles.
They are defined below:
Cord-Attached Electric Kettle
- A kettle that comes with an attached code is similar to a jug that is placed on the “plate”.
- A cord-attached electric kettle is operated in a conventional way.
Cordless Electric Kettle
- The power cable goes directly into the kettle into the base of the kettle.
- For heating the kettle, the kettle must sit on the plate.
- After the water has boiled, you can lift the kettle above and pour the water gracefully into the cups.
- The cordless electric kettles are preferred over the cord-attached electric kettle.
How Does an Electric Kettle Works?
Electric kettles work when the electrical energy creates the heat to boil water. Inside every kettle, there is a metal coil. Electrical energy travels in the coil, which creates the heat. It is called the heating element of the electric kettles. This is how electrical kettles work.
The process of the travel of the electrical energy and production of heat looks like this:
- When the kettle is powered on, electrical current flows through the coil.
- The coil has an electrical resistance mechanism, which is capable of transforming the electrical energy into the heat as the heat passes through the coil.
- The generated heat boils the water and boils to a particular boiling point.
- There are some kettles, which also use thermostats.
- The thermostats in a kettle allow the water to get boiled to a certain point.
- When the water boils to a certain point, the kettle gets automatically switched off.
List of Top 10 Best Electric Kettles in India
1. Butterfly Kettle EKN 1.5-Litre Capacity – Best Quality & Affordable One:
This is one of the best kettles that you can find in the market. It boils the water fast. This is an easy-to-use as well as a good-looking kettle. Its stainless steel material radiates beautifully over your kitchen counter.
- Butterfly Electric Kettle made with elegant stainless steel material.
- It has a hidden boiling water coil that is good for your health.
- This is a lightweight product.
- Its wider mouth helpful in pouring of tea easily & cleaning as well
- Its wire size is small. So, it is difficult to use the kettle.
2. Kitchoff Electric Kettle Automatic & Stainless Steel – Best-Quality:
This kettle made with stainless steel and rubber protection. It is made to last long at the maximum performance. With its silver body, it is obvious that it will shine brightly and looking elegant in the kitchen.
- Kirchoff Electric Kettle has a capacity of 1.8 liters.
- It is a multipurpose kettle, used for making teas, coffees, soaps, etc.
- This has an ergonomic beautiful handle.
- Also, this has single-touch lid locking.
- Its power cord is small.
3. Orpat 1-Litre Cordless Kettle OEK-8127 – Offers Value for Money:
This is another excellent kettle from the Orpat brand. It is a cordless kettle that offers great convenience to the user. The lifting and pouring of the kettle contents become an easier task to do.
- Orpat Electric Kettle made with a concealed heating system.
- Also, it offers dry boil and overheating protection.
- It has a removable filter that can be cleaned easily.
- And its base rotates at 360 degrees.
- It is not suitable for milk boiling.
4. Prestige 1.2 Litre Electric Kettle with 1200-watts – Best in India:
Prestige Electric Kettle best for office and home use. It has an automatic cut-off system. Also, this is the best selling product online in India.
- Prestige Electric Kettle made with sturdy stainless steel material.
- Its lid and handle are the cool-touch.
- It has an ergonomic handle and the single-touch lid-locking system.
- The Cap of the kettle is not removable, which makes cleaning difficult.
5. Inalsa Absa Electric Kettle with 1.5 Litre Capacity & 1500W- Good Kettle in India:
This has a versatile and fast with its quick boiling power. It can prove to be the best kettle for the big-sized family or a large gathering. This is the best kettle in India. Its design allows you to pour the tea conveniently.
- Insala Electric Kettle comes with protective features like dry-boil, overheating preventive mechanisms & automatic shut-off.
- It can be safely operated as it has a concealed heating system.
- And it is equipped with a large capacity of 1.5 Liter.
- Due to its cordless design, the kettle can be filled with water easily.
- Many users have complained that the boiled water smells of plastic.
6. Philips 1.5-Litre Electric Kettle HD930606:
This is an amazing, smart, efficient, and gorgeous kettle on the list. Its body made with the food-grade stainless steel. It has a 360 swivel base.
- Philips Electric Kettle made with polished stainless steel so, it can be washed conveniently.
- This is safe to use with its dry-boiling and overheating mechanism.
- It has a cord winder so, you can store the appliance easily.
- Also, it has a wide opening that makes opening & filling of kettle easy.
- Its power cord has a small length.
7. Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Stainless Steel Electric Kettle with 1.8 liters Boiler for Instant Noodles, Soup & Water, etc:
Pigeon offers an excellent-quality kettle in India. It has a mirror-polished look that has beautiful aesthetics. This would match the interior décor of every kitchen. And this price offers value for every penny paid.
- Pigeon Electric Kettle is a BPA-Free and a cordless kettle.
- It has a fast boiling mechanism so that it boils 1.8 liters within 5-6 minutes.
- Cordless pouring ensures the graceful serving to the guests.
- This has an extra-large capacity of the 1.8 liters.
- Some customers have complained that the product is not durable.
8. iBELL Stainless Steel Premium 1.5 Litre Kettle SEK15L with 500W & Auto Cut-Off Feature:
If you are looking for a high-quality electric kettle, you must consider the iBell premium-quality product. It offers amazing features at such affordable rates.
- iBELL Electric Kettle has a bionic design & triple-safety protection mechanism.
- It is sufficiently capacious with a capacity of 1.5 liters.
- This is equipped with a unique steam-reactor setting.
- The silver body ensures a sleek and stylish look.
- The product requires good maintenance and care. Otherwise, it can break or get damaged.
9. La’ Forte Multipurpose Kettle with Free Recipe Book & 304 Stainless Steel Interior:
This is a top-class, unique design & expensive kettle that comes with a cool and fantastic appearance. The kettle is made with supreme quality and food-grade material.
- La’Forte Electric Kettle ensures user’s safety with its anti-slip, ergonomic & heat-resistant handle.
- It has a cool-touch exterior body, posing no scalding hazard.
- This is made with stainless steel material.
- It has a double-wall construction that keeps the contents inside warm for a longer period.
- The kettle requires extensive care. Otherwise, it may break into pieces.
10. Cello 1 Ltr 600 B Electric Kettle with 1200W:
This is an elegant, functional, and durable product. It is one of the outstanding options for office use or one-person use. This offers great service with its gorgeous outlook. It is the best kettle online product.
- Cello Electric Kettle is a portable product that offers elegant pouring & filling of the water.
- It performs highly with its optimal speed and efficiency
- This has an easy-grip handle & good heat retention capability.
- Also, this has clear and easy light indicators.
- It is not suitable for boiling milk.
Buying the best electric kettle is not an easy task. It involves a lot of inspection and reading. But we have made it easy for you with our above Top 10 recommendations. Now, it might be difficult for you to choose one from above Top 10 high-quality and highly-performing kettles.
Why We Need Electric Kettle?
An electric kettle is a useful appliance, which makes your cooking easier and less time-consuming. When you boil water in a pan, it not only puts you at a risk but also takes a lot of time. Also, it saves you time and energy.
Which Is The Best Electric Kettle?
Butterfly EKN 1.8L 1500 Watt Electric Water Kettle (Stainless Steel) is the best one.
What Is The Price Of Electric Kettle?
On an average basis, these product prices range from 500 INR to 1,000 INR.