In an era of growing medicine, we cannot look down on ECG machines. ECG’s full form is electrocardiograph. You could think of it as a more detailed stethoscope. In simple words, we can get a reading of how frequent your heart beats, how regular is the rhythm, and find out what isn’t working properly. The heart is a complex organ and the ECG machine helps us understand it better. The ECG machine does not send any electricity into the body. Instead, the machine helps us comprehend the workings of a heart in a good condition and one that is in bad condition.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the Best Portable Oxygen Cylinders, Oxygen Concentrator machines, Liquid Oxygen supplements, BP Machines, pulse oxymeters, PPE kits, Sanitizer spray, Hand sanitizers, Fogging Machines, sanitizer spray pumps, infrared Thermometers, Sugar test machines, Glucometer Strips, UV Sterilizers in India.
Top 10 Best ECG Machines in India-Buyers Guide
Features of ECG Machines
- Primarily, we use ECG machines for any problems that could be related to the heart. For example, fainting, shortness of breath, angina, and many more.
- Secondly, we use graphs to detect irregular heartbeats. These could be measured after a heart attack or resuscitation.
- Thirdly, we need to evaluate a patient’s heart condition to see if they are capable of undergoing surgery. We can do this by interpreting an electrocardiograph.
- Fourthly, we can also save the files digitally and share them through a cloud or drive. The device needs to be a digitally alert one that can also be connected to either your desktop or mobile phone.
- Lastly, we need to use ECGs for finding if there is an improvement in a heart patient after medications.
Types of ECG Machines
- First of all, we have the 12-lead electrocardiograph device. This device allows us to record 12 waves at the same time. Its alternatives are the single-channel, three-channel, and 6-lead ECG apparatus.
- Furthermore, the Holter monitor is a type of ECG machine that is used to observe heart activities. We attach the electrodes to the chest, arms, and legs to get readings over 24 hours to 48 hours.
- Moving on, another type of ECG device is the signal-averaged electrocardiogram. This monitor can record different readings for 20 minutes to find any abnormalities in the heart.
Buyer’s Guide for ECG Machine
- Ultimately, where you need to use the machines plays a big part. In hospitals, intricate and detailed machinery is used to gain multiple readings at the same time in different dimensions.
- For at-home use, however, simple ECG monitors are used that can interpret the meaning of the readings digitally during the absence of a professional.
- Simultaneously, the number of leads also plays a significant part in the length of the graph and the area of the paper. A single channel ECG creates a long graph and a 12-lead unit’s ECG can fit into an A4-sized paper.
- Last but not the least, the price also plays a huge part ranging from bulk options for hospitals and cheaper alternatives for at-home monitoring. Choose the one that fits your buck the most while looking at the power needed, batteries, and electrodes.
How To Use ECG Machine?
- Principally, the patient is asked to remove all types of jewelry as they might interfere with the readings. The surface of the skin should be bare and clean.
- Next, your healthcare provider places electrodes on your chest, wrist, and ankles or legs. If the electrodes are not sticking nicely, they might have to shave off your body hair for those areas.
- Lastly, the patient is not allowed to do any exerting activities and is advised to lay down quietly while the reading is recorded. This goes on for however long the reading needs to be and the machine is turned off. Any excess residue from the electrodes is rubbed off.
List of Top 10 Best ECG Machines in India-Buyers Guide
1. Healthcare-deals ECG Machine
A 4-year lightweight model with 3-channels.
- Comes with an inbuilt memory or space for a mini-SD card.
- Has a digital signal processor for filtering auto-measurements, auto-analysis, and auto-interpretation of the readings.
- Uses rechargeable batteries.
- The company provides no contacts for the warranty.
- Uses more paper because of the dimensions of the 3 leads.
2. Contec 3 Channel ECG Machine
A China-made 3-lead unit is suitable for home use.
- The display is available in plain color.
- The company gives a 1-year warranty.
- The machine produces an automatic interpretation and report.
- No warranty is provided by the company.
- The paper is specific to the company which means they control its economy.
3. BPL ECG Machine
An almost 5-kilogram machine is great for commercial use.
- Stand-by backup for 6 hours.
- Consumers can use it for 2 hours simultaneously.
- There is a storage capacity of 200 ECGs.
- A higher price than its contenders.
- Hard to carry around.
4. TenTabs ECG Machine
The 3.5-inch display screen gives a short view of the heart’s condition.
- Auto-interpretation for each ECG.
- Comes in 14 language systems.
- The built-in memory is capable of storing up to 1000 cases.
- There are no warranty details.
- There aren’t many user testimonies that can guarantee the quality of the product.
5. Otica Contec ECG Machine
A basic monitor that is great for home or hospital use.
- Displays the working on the small screen.
- Can simultaneously work with 3, 6, and 12 leads.
- For one year, the company will guarantee the functionality of its product.
- The system is difficult to understand without demonstration.
- The electrode patches aren’t provided.
6. Festa ECG Machine
A white ECG detector with 3 channels.
- Occupied with built-in memory and a slot for an SD card.
- The signals are filtered out so that the interpretation is simpler.
- Comes with 6 chest terminals and 4 limb ones.
- There is no surety in the warranty from the company.
- No backup if the device suddenly stops working.
7. OTICA Rainbow Contec ECG Machine
The lightweight machine has an instant result display on the screen.
- Can auto interpret and analyze the reading produced?
- Produces a 3×4 dimension paper reading.
- The screen allows us to save more paper for economical and green benefits.
- There is no security with the purchase.
- Consumers have testified about faulty machines.
8. VCardia – Clinical Grade ECG Machines
A digitally-advanced model is a bit on the high-end side.
- You can easily get a digital copy of the ECG saving paper and money.
- Actual medical individuals and AI help interpret the readings 24/7.
- Runs on 12 leads.
- Pricier than its competitors.
- Is not compatible with iOS.
9. BPL ECG Machines (Single Channel ECG)
A compact and user-friendly unit suitable for a variety of benefits.
- A cheaper option among the choices there are.
- The machine tells you when the battery is low.
- The battery capacity is 3 hours.
- The single-channel printing paper is hard to find.
- The purchase doesn’t come with any guarantee.
10. LIFEPLUS ECG Machines
A convertible machine for the appropriate occasion.
- You can set the manual or automatic recording modes.
- The user can decide between the 3-channel, single-lead, or single-channel with R print modes.
- Files can be transferred through USBs and storage is also provided.
- Very difficult for beginners to use, not suitable for a caretaker at home.
- There is no security with the purchase.
It is never good news to find out you need an ECG, but when you need one, it’s better to choose the best option. Either as a healthcare provider or as a patient, health is not something that should be compromised. All the machines in this article are our recommendations. Thank you for reading.
What is an ECG machine used for?
An ECG machine is used for recording different types of electric signals. The heart beats with this power from the sinoatrial node.
Which is the best ECG Machine?
The best ECG machine is one that provides storage for the readings and allows you to interpret the records either manually or automatically.
What is the price of an ECG Machine?
The price of an ECG machine ranges from ₹20,000 to ₹40,000.