Dry ginger is ideal for use as a spice and as a natural remedy. As a spice, you can add it to tea to enhance the flavor. You can also use it in the preparation of biscuits and other confectionaries. And it is of course useful in the preparation of gingerbread. As a natural remedy, it is known to be very effective at providing relief from inflammation.
Also known in Hindi as South, ginger can therefore be helpful to people with arthritis problems. South is also useful at improving digestion, providing relief for sore throat pain, nausea, morning sickness, joint pain, and others. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Ginger Powder, Anjeer, Badam, Mamra Badam, Walnut, Dry dates, coconut powder, Kishmish, Pista, Black Raisins, Cardamom, Khus Khus, Black Pepper Powder, White Pepper Powder, Dry coconut, Cardamom Powders, Cocoa Powder, Cumin powder, Cheese Powder, Turmeric Powder, ginger powder, mulethi powder, Dalchini Powder, Eliachi Powder, Dalchini sticks, Cloves, Elaichi, Peppercorns, Black Peppercorns, and Long Peppercorns online in India.
List of Top 10 Best Dry Ginger Products in India
Features of Dry Ginger
- One of the most important features of any ginger product is its aroma.
- The best ginger products have an authentic and reasonably strong aroma.
- Another key feature of a ginger product is its flavor.
- An ideal ginger product should at least have a detectable flavor.
- Yet another important feature of a ginger product is its purity.
- An ideal ginger product is one in which there are little or no preservatives or artificial colors.
- The packaging of a ginger product matters, as does its freshness.
Types of Dry Ginger
- There are dry ginger products in which the ginger comes in the whole form.
- There are others in which it comes in the form of flakes.
- Then there are others in which it comes in the form of a powder.
- We have ginger products that come in pouches.
- Then we have others that come in tin/jar packaging.
- There are ginger products that contain artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors.
- There are others in which you find only ginger: with absolutely no artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors.
How to use Dry Ginger?
- One way in which you can use ginger is by simply adding it to your tea.
- Then you stir it up, in order to ensure that the whole cup of tea acquires the ginger flavor.
- Another way in which you can use ginger is by adding it to warm water.
- You may then consider adding some sugar (or better still, honey) to the water, in order to make it drinkable.
- Yet another way in which you can use ginger is by adding it to food in the course of cooking.
- For instance, you can add it to your biscuits at some point in the baking process. Also, check the buyer’s guide for green tea in India.
Buying guide for Dry Ginger
- First of all, you need to ensure that what you are buying is genuine ginger.
- Also check whether there are other things added to it: the likes of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
- If those are present, ensure that their quantity is not so much as to significantly affect the ginger’s purity.
- Check the date when the product you want to buy was packed.
- This may tell you how much freshness it still has.
- Further, check the type of packaging the product comes in.
- Ensure that it is hygienic and it preserves the product’s freshness fully.
List of Top 10 Best Dry Ginger Products in India-Buyers Guide
1. TRH Whole Organic Sonth
100% organic and natural. The quantity is 200 grams.
- The product has very high purity (with no preservatives, colors or artificial flavors)
- Jar packaging preserves freshness nicely
- Quantity (at 200 g) is adequate for most people’s needs
- What you get are whole pieces of ginger (whose preparation may require some skill)
- Some may find the price to be a bit high
2. Minimal Dried Ginger
This product has ginger in whole pieces form. The quantity is 100 grams.
- The flavor and aroma are authentic
- Price is quite low
- The product is suitable for use even by strict vegetarians
- Packaging is in a pouch
- Quantity is 100 grams only
3. YUVIKA Sonth Dry Ginger
What you get here is 100 grams of ginger. The packaging is in a pouch.
- The product is pure and fresh
- Quite easy to use
- Price is reasonable
- Quantity is modest (at 100 grams only)
- Some may find the pouch packaging to be too basic
4. First Bud Organics Dry Ginger Powder
The product in this case comes in the form of a powder. The quantity is 250 grams.
- Ready to use (as it is in powder form)
- It is fully organic ginger
- 100% vegetarian product
- Price may be beyond the reach of some
- Not suitable for certain uses that require whole ginger boiling (as it is in powder form)
5. Dry Fruit Hub Ginger
This comes in a wholesome form (not powder or flakes). The quantity is 250 grams.
- Suitable for use both as spice and remedy
- Quantity (at 250 grams) is adequate for most people’s needs
- It has no artificial preservatives
- Packaging is basic
- You may need to grind the ginger pieces before using them for certain things
6. Urban Platter Dried Ginger
Comes in the form of flakes. The quantity is 150 grams.
- The aroma is very rich
- Packaging is top-notch
- Ready to use (as it is in flakes form)
- Some may find the 150 grams quantity too modest
- You may need to use a lot of the product to achieve the desired flavor
7. Juan Organic Dry Ginger (Whole)
What you get here are whole pieces of ginger. Very ideal for use in natural medicine.
- The pieces of ginger are quite large
- The ginger pieces are rather clean
- Price is reasonable for the quantity
- Packaging is quite basic
- Preparation( of whole ginger pieces) may be quite a time consuming
8. Flavourlite Dry Whole Organic Ginger
What you get here is a whole kilo of dry ginger. The pieces of ginger are of big size.
- Quantity (at 1 kg) is enough for most people’s needs
- The pouch comes with a zipper to preserve freshness
- Cost is low for this quantity
- Whole ginger pieces may require grinding, before using them for certain things
- The product’s shelf life may not be particularly long
9. Medhyata Whole Organic Dry Ginger
This is a 100% natural product. The quantity is 200 grams.
- This is organic ginger
- Ideal for use both in spicing and as a natural remedy
- It has no artificial coloring or flavoring
- The price is somewhat high for this quantity
- Packaging is quite basic
10. GD Pure Dry Ginger Pure
What you get here is 900 grams of ginger. The ginger is in its whole form.
- The aroma and taste are authentic
- The packaging is of good quality
- Quantity (at 900 grams) is adequate for long term usage
- Price may be beyond the reach of some
- The whole ginger pieces may require grinding before usage in certain recipes
Using dry ginger, you can greatly enhance the flavor of your drinks and foods while also getting many health benefits. This guide has information that may come in handy for you while shopping for the best dry ginger products.
What are the benefits of dry ginger?
It can enhance the flavor of various drinks and foods and it is also a natural remedy for many ailments.
What is the price of dry ginger in India?
It most ranges from 200 to 500 rupees, depending on quantity.
Which is the best dry ginger?
The best dry ginger is that which has high purity, great aroma, and taste.