The battery is one of the key parts of a drone. This is because it is the drone battery that provides the electrical power that the drone needs to work. So it is the power from the battery which keeps the drone airborne. And it also the power from the battery which enables the drone to perform its various other functions. Inside the drone, the battery is usually a chemical through which potential energy (electric charge) is stored. Then when the drone is working, that potential energy is turned into kinetic energy. How long the drone can remain airborne greatly depends on the nature of the battery in it. And how long the drone may perform its various other functions also depends on the nature of the battery.
There are many situations in which you may need to buy a new battery for the drone. That is for instance if the battery your drone came with seems to be getting old. It may also be a case where you feel that the battery your drone came with is not powerful enough. Or it may be a case where you just need more than one drone battery, for greater utility.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, inverter batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Battery, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, Solar inverters, inverters, UPS for PCs, AAA batteries, AA batteries, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power bank brands in India.
Top 10 Best Quality Drone Batteries in India
Features of Drone’s Battery
- Compactness is a feature that matters a great deal in drone batteries. The drone is usually quite a small aerial vehicle. The battery for it, therefore, needs to be small, and capable of fitting into the space given to it.
- Lightweight is another feature that matters in drone batteries. Since the drone is an airborne vehicle, it should not have a battery that is too heavy.
- Sturdiness too is key in drone batteries. As the drone plows through the air, there are bound to be shocks and vibrations. An ideal battery withstands those quite well.
- And capacity is also important in drone batteries. The battery needs to have enough capacity to keep the drone airborne for a decent amount of time.
Types of Drone Batteries
- There are lithium-ion drone batteries. Then there are Ni-CD drone batteries.
- There are 3.7-volt drone batteries. Then there are 4.8-volt and 7.4-volt drone batteries, among others.
- There are 700 mAh drone batteries. Then there are 500 mAh drone batteries. There are also 800 mAh and 1000 mAh drone batteries, among others.
- We have original drone batteries: which are meant specifically for fitting into drones. Then we have others meant for general use across a range of devices, but which are also drone compatible.
Buying Guide for Drone’s Battery
- Firstly, find out just how much power your drone needs (in terms of mAh). Then ensure that the drone battery you buy is able to actually give out that sort of power.
- Secondly, look at the slot provided for fitting the battery on your drone. Then ensure that the drone battery you buy is actually able to fit there with ease. Better still, find out which exact type of battery your drone uses. Then buy just that sort of battery, for ease of fitting on the drone.
- Thirdly, for every battery, you consider buying, check the structure and design. Be sure that it can actually withstand usage on a drone.
- Fourthly, look at the drone’s battery price. If you are being asked to pay a higher drone’s battery price, try to find out what really justifies it. In case the battery has a higher capacity, that may be a good reason to pay more for it. Or if the batteries are sturdier, that may be a good reason to pay more for them.
- Fifthly, consider checking the views of people who have used the drone’s battery you wish to buy. For instance, you may check online reviews of the battery.
How To Use Drone Battery?
- After buying the drone’s battery, you first need to charge it in the right manner. Remember, the first-time charging sometimes really affects how well the battery charges for the rest of its serviceable life. You may charge the battery using a USB port or using a charging hub.
- Once you have charged the battery, the next step is to install it. So you open the slot on the drone where the battery should go in. Then you place it in there, in the right manner.
- You may then proceed to operate the drone, using the electric power from its battery.
- Remember to be charging the battery often, even when you haven’t used the drone for quite a while. This is because there is a self-discharge effect, even when the drone’s battery is not in use. Thus if it goes for way too long without charging, there may be some ruin.
List of Top 10 Best Drone Batteries online in India
1. KEBILSHOP Battery Cell for Drone
What you get here is a Ni-CD battery. It is a 4.8-volt battery, holding a 700 mAh charge.
- It is quite compact
- Weight is nicely low for drone use
- It is a versatile battery (which you can use in several other things, besides drones)
- May take a while to charge fully
- First-time fitting may pose a slight challenge
2. INVENTO Li-ion Batteries Pack for Drone
The voltage is 3.7 volts. Capacity is 700 mAh.
- Quite low in price
- Charges with ease (as it is a Li-ion battery)
- Gives drone good airborne time
- Finding a good charger for it may be tricky for some
- It may look a bit delicate
3. Kiditos Syma Z1 RC Drone Batteries
This is a 500mAh battery. The voltage is 3.7 volts.
- This is a high-magnification battery
- Weight is very low
- It is sturdy and easily withstands drone use
- May require cooling between drone flights
- Holds a modest charge (being a 500 mAh drone)
4. MAENT 3.7V Batteries NOT for RC CAR OR Drone Usage
This is a big, high-capacity 1000 mAh battery. Works well with MP3 and GPS devices, among others.
- It has quite low self-discharge
- Includes short circuit protection
- Not prone to overcharge
- The vendor explicitly states not for remote-controlled car or drone use
- May be affected a bit by the temperature
5. Lipo Rechargeable Batteries For RC Drone
What you get here is a standard 3.7-volt drone battery. It has a 300 mAh capacity.
- Charges quite fast
- Not hard to fit onto a drone
- Gives output power in a somewhat stable manner
- Requires only a certain very specific charger for proper charging
- Holds a modest amount of power (being a 300 mAh battery)
6. Dkian Super Strong Lithium Batteries for RC Drone
This is an 800 mAh battery. Compatible with most drone types.
- it is rather compact
- The 800 mAh power it provides is quite a lot
- Able to withstand drone shocks quite well
- Price may appear costly to some
- In some drones, using it may require connector pin changing
7. MAEnt Li-ion Batteries Pack for Drone
The capacity of this battery is 2600 mAh. It offers a voltage of 7.4v.
- It has in-built BMS protection
- Can power the drone for a very long (being a 2600 mAh battery)
- Easy to fit onto most drones
- The connecting wires it comes with may appear a bit flimsy to some
- This is not a cheap battery in regard to price
8. IHC 3.7 V Batteries for Drone By Indian Hobby Center
What you get here is a lithium polymer battery. It has 500 mAh capacity.
- It has a wide operating temperature (-10 to 50 degrees C)
- The size is not big, hence ideal for drone use
- It doesn’t add great weight to the drone
- It may usually only keep the drone airborne for short time stretches (being a 500 mAh drone)
- Cut off point for its discharge is 3.2 volts
9. Kp 3.7V Batteries for RC Drone
This is a 300 mAh battery. Comes with connecting wire, ready for use.
- Easy to attach to the drone
- Handles drone vibrations well
- Can be durable if good care of it is taken
- Some may find its 300 mAh capacity a little on the lower side
- Overheating while charging may easily ruin it
10. 3.7V Rechargeable Batteries For RC Drone
Compact and low-weight drone battery. Capacity is 800 mAh.
- It has good efficiency
- Should be easily compatible with most RC drones
- Does not affect drone aerodynamics negatively
- Charging fully may take some time
- After you are done using it, recycling for such a small battery may prove tricky
A proper battery is needed for the efficient operation of a drone. While shopping for such a proper drone battery in India, this guide will be of help to you.
What batteries do drones use?
Most ly lithium ion and Ni-CD batteries.
Which battery is best for making drones?
One that is compact, quite low in weight yet with high power holding (mAh) capacity.
What is the battery life of a drone?
drone batteries may work well for around 2 to 3 years at least.
How much is a battery for a drone?
Drone battery price for the most part ranges from 300 to 800 Indian rupees.