We can find the origins of dressing tables back in the 17th century. At first, it was a table, which purpose was to be for the toilet. Another name this piece of furniture had was a toilet table. They were a small table, made with one or two drawers for storage.
They became popular and soon you started to found them in every house. In the 18th century, it was a common practice to conceal the interior of the dressing. That was done thanks to the combination of the furniture and cabinetmakers. They were composed as follow:
– Top and bottom as shams
– Back of the furniture was a cistern, which helps to receive water from the base drawer.
– Glass hung, that was made as a sliding piece.
– Powder boxes, 2 or 3 per piece.
– A lift compartment to hold razors.
– Oil bottle and hon.
– A ditto used for combs.
– A compartment for toothbrushes
And a lot more. Back then some dressing tables were used as writing tables, a hybrid brings thanks to France. After that, it was common to see this piece of furniture as a crucial part of the bedroom.
Top 10 Best Dressing Table Online in India
Features of Dressing Table
- A common dressing table is made out of durable wood.
- Hardwoods as mango are used to make them flexible and long-lasting. And is mostly used for storage.
- You will be able to find different features on a table.
- The most important one is the drawers to keep your stuff secure.
- So you can place whatever you want in them.
- From your makeup to your skincare routine, or even your underwear.
- Also, a common table comes with a mirror.
- Some mirrors came with additional lighting for you to have a better look at yourself.
- They can be customizable and you can add led lights to them.
- Then we have some other ones that you can attach to the wall.
- These came with less storage space.
- But as additional they will bring you a stylish touch to your bedroom.
Types of Dressing Tables
- We all know how a standard table looks, right? As we mentioned before, dressing tables were considerably different back in the day.
- Thanks to the ancient Egyptians we found out they started as simple as boxes.
- The usage has been the same, storage.
- As they evolve and become a fundamental piece of furniture in our bedroom, we can encounter several different types.
- The first mirrored versions we can find were made until 1970.
- They were a mere combination of a table with a mirror included.
- But not until the mid-80s tables started having a shape of their own.
- In Europe, having a table was a sign of luxury and status.
- So basically you have to choose a few different types.
- But is all based on the size and style you want.
- Pick a style that matches your style, personality, and decoration.
- Pick between an already made model, a custom one or start from scratch and build one for yourself.
Buyers Guide for Dressing Table brands
- Be sure to follow certain guidelines to choose the best dressing table for you.
- There is a lot of options for you. So it can be sometimes overwhelming to choose.
- We are bringing you a few tips to make things easier for you.
- The first step is deciding if you want to do it yourself or have a custom one.
- Doing it yourself will imply finding the material, preparing it, and start building.
- Online you will be able to find a lot of blueprints and tutorials step by step.
- And even if you are creative enough you can recycle a lot of materials and have a great result.
- Another option you have is purchasing a ready-made one.
- Places like Ikea or any other furniture store have great options, the online catalogue is always available.
- And they came with easy-to-read instructions.
- If for some reason you don’t understand them you can always find a tutorial online.
- You also have the option to purchase a custom-made dressing table.
- Investigate local furniture stores and choose one or two.
- Present the idea you have in mind and discuss it.
- If they can accomplish your desire, go along with it.
- Price can vary a lot in comparison with a ready-made one.
- However, this option will be able to go along with your style easily.
How To Use Dressing Table?
To use your new dressing table at its 100%, take into consideration the following.
- Make sure you are purchasing the amount of space you need at the moment.
- And a little more. Never know when you are buying a few more items to fit in it.
- A dressing table is made to storage anything.
- But nowadays we always use it to store skincare, makeup, or similar.
- Take into consideration what is what you want to store.
- In that order, having a table that helps you keep everything in place is a must.
- Some dressing tables have clear tops, that will allow you a better visualization of your stuff.
- After that, the mirror is next. Some dressing tables came with illuminated mirrors.
- If you are a pro makeup artist this is a must.
- If not, a conventional mirror is also available.
- So to use it, make sure it accomplishes all your needs, store your stuff, and keep your mirror clean.
List of Top 10 Best Dressing Table Online in India
Here we bring a list of the top 10 dressing tables.
1. BLUEWUD Freddie Wall Hanging Dressing Table/Mirror with Multifunctional Shelves, Bangle Holder & Hanging Hooks (Wenge)
Amazing wall dressing table, unique design.
1. Good and stylish style.
2. Minimum waste of space.
3. A lot of space for storage.
4. Durable, made out of great materials.
1. It can arrive with damaged pieces.
A classical design, but very stylish.
1. Easy to use, smooth product.
2. Design is great for a classical style.
3. Easy to assemble.
1. Packaging is not Eco-friendly.
3. Anikaa Wood Wall Mirror (64 x 13 x 90 cm, Wenge)
Interesting shape, but very useful.
1. Made especially for bathrooms.
2. Quality is as promised.
3. Comfortable to use.
1. Does not come with enough screws.
Color may vary.
1. Good and affordable price.
2. Easy to assemble and install.
3. Variety of colors for any style.
1. Quality in some of them will be questionable.
Cute and simplistic design.
1. Really good quality materials.
2. Easy to combine with any style.
3. Perfect as a present.
1. Can be too expensive for some tastes.
A lot of storage and the greatest mirror.
1. Sturdy and handy.
2. Design in this dressing table is one of the best.
3. Durable and good quality.
1. Try not to use the shelves with too heavy products.
Interesting design, multipurpose.
1. Sturdy material.
2. Packing is nice as well
1. Some pieces can be lost in delivery.
8. Wood stage Solid Wood Dressing Table with Folding Mirror and 2 Drawer for Living Room (Sheesham Wood, Teak Finish)
This is a well-known brand and a nice dressing table
1. Unique design and great storage space.
According to the reviews, there is not an issue with this peeler.
A great deal for a great dressing table.
2. Made of high-quality materials.
3. Design makes it a great product
4. Great price.
According to the reviews, there is not an issue with this dressing table.
10. Decoration Zane Dressing Table, MDF Solid Wood Table with Storage Drawer for Home (Pink)
This is a decent blade to have around.
1. Nice quality.
2. Good customer service.
According to the reviews, there is not an issue with this dressing table.
A dressing table or vanity is a must in your home. It gave you additional space, and glamorous touch to your bedroom. Also depending on the material, it will last for a lot of time.
So do not hesitate and purchase one. To add that extra space you might be needed, and to have a different piece of furniture. It will look great at your home for sure.
Which wood is used to build a dressing table?
You can find a lot of different woods. However, the most common one is hardwood. This wood has a great amount of robustness, durability, and strength. Some commonly known hardwoods are Sheesham and Mango.
Can a dressing table be customizable?
Absolutely. You can even create your table from scratch. But if you don’t have enough creativity, online you will find great ideas. Or even you can find someone who will be able to do the hard job for you.
What is a dressing table called?
It is commonly known as a dressing table. However, you can find it as:
– Vanity table.
– Toilet table.
– Dressing stand.
What is the cost of the dressing table?
It may vary a lot. It depends on the material, the type of dressing table, and the amount of storage. Also, it depends on if you are buying a custom one or creating your own. Sometimes creating your table might be pricier than purchasing a simplistic one.