A dome camera gets its name because the camera is placed inside a transparent dome. They are dome-shaped. Although this dome can be tinted slightly to keep the camera cryptic. And this entire setup is either mounted on the ceiling or suspended from a wall-mounted bracket. These cameras have a broad spectrum of applications because of their various types and adaptability. These can be PTZ dome cameras, cameras with zooming ability, resistance to weather, or hazardous situations, or self-protection from people who intentionally try to break dome cameras.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best CP plus DVRs, Hikvision DVR, DSLR Cameras, Drone Cameras, Helmet Cameras, Car Dash Cameras, Hikvision CCTV Cameras, Wi-Fi cameras, Bullet Cameras, IP Cameras, CCTV Cameras in India.
Top 13 Best Dome Camera Models in India
Features of Dome Camera
Variety in structure
- Variable shapes, sizes, and angles to keep them hidden.
- Moreover, they come up with PTZ, motion-detection features, and wide-angle features for a panoramic view.
- These cameras are designed in such a way that they remain unnoticeable and hidden.
- So, in the case of criminal surveillance, cameras are used widely.
- These cameras have protected camera lenses.
- As a result, these cameras are more durable.
- Additionally, having a protected lens ensures that nobody could notice where the camera is pointing out.
Built-in infrared LEDs
- These cameras have built-in infrared LEDs so that you can operate them in low light or absence of light.
Types of Dome Cameras
PoE Dome cameras
- An internet connection is provided by using an ethernet cable.
4k dome cameras
- For indoor purposes. Moreover, provides high-resolution videos.
Ultra-vision dome cameras
- This type of camera can be operated at a very low level of light due to its ultra-vision light technology.
Vandal-resistant dome cameras
- As these cameras are used for criminal surveillance, they are built in such a way that nobody can easily break or damage them.
Outdoor dome cameras
- These type of cameras are specially designed for outdoor purposes.
- They can withstand fluctuations in temperature. Additionally, they are waterproof.
PTZ dome cameras
Pan-tilt-zoom feature is available in these type of cameras.
Buyer’s guide for Dome Camera
In this paragraph, we will discuss some points that you must consider while buying a dome camera.
Where to mount a dome camera
- These cameras come in a wide variety of designs.
- So, you must consider a design that suits the location of the mounting.
- For instance, if you want a camera to be hidden then, you must use a small size camera with a tinted dome and properly installed to hide wirings.
Area of coverage
- If you want to cover a large area then go for PTZ type cameras.
Indoor or outdoor
- If you want to use a camera for outdoor purposes then, buy a vandal-resistant as well as a weather-resistant dome camera.
- For indoor purposes, buy a 4k dome camera.
- While buying these cameras, you must consider whether the area of coverage has enough light or not.
- If not, then use these cameras with ultra-vision light technology.
- In conclusion, you must consider location, area of coverage, outdoor features, and light conditions to choose the right type of dome cameras.
How to use a dome camera?
- The dome cameras are a camera placed inside a dome.
- You can locate these cameras on the ceiling or suspend them in a wall-mounted bracket.
- If your cameras are wired then it needs proper installation.
- You can hide those wires if the proper installation is followed.
- Though wired dome cameras are installed directly, it needs to be mounted on the ceiling.
- As a result, you must consider one thing that, you cannot adjust or change the position of these cameras after installation.
- So, you must be sure about the position and then only mount it on the ceiling.
- Although you can reinstall it, you will have to repeat the whole installation procedure from start.
- After installation, all other steps are usual like connecting it to a network and pairing your device.
List Top 13 Best Dome Camera Models in India
1) Hikvision 4331911249 WDR Dome Cameras
It is a fixed HD Dome camera by Hikvision, a CPU cooling fan-type model. Moreover, it is a wired dome camera with a PoE type of internet connection.
- Installation is easy and fast.
- Good quality night-vision.
- The field of view is narrow.
- Not outdoor compatible.
2) CP PLUS Guard Dome Cameras for Home Surveillance
It is a ceiling mount dome camera by CP plus brand. The camera price is 1440/- the price may change from time to time. It provides a colour view in the day as well as night. Moreover, it comes up with waterproof and dustproof features.
- Day and night color view is available.
- Low power consumption.
- Light keeps running at night like a lamp.
- Installation is challenging.
3) Analog CCTV Camera HD 1080P Security Dome Cameras
It is an analog CCTV dome camera by CUMCITIN. It is a weatherproof dome camera designed for outdoor purposes. Moreover, it provides both day and night vision.
- It has a metal housing, so it is more durable.
- It has a vandal-proof design.
- Night-vision requires light for clear vision.
- Installation instructions are not proper.
4) D-Link DCS-F1612 Fixed Dome Cameras
It is a fixed dome camera having an IR range by D-Link. Moreover, it provides noise reduction. The camera price is 1330/- the price may change from time to time. It comes with a day as well as night vision.
- Installation is quick and easy.
- Night vision is good.
- Video quality is not good.
- A DVR is required for its setup.
5) 101AV Security Dome Cameras
It is a full HD security dome camera by 101AV brand, a wide-angle camera. Specially designed to cover large areas.
- HD video quality.
- 3D noise reduction feature is available.
- The zooming feature is bad.
- The motion detection feature is not good.
6) HIKVISION Technologies Dome Full-time Turret Cameras
This is another amazing product from HIKVISION Technologies. It provides bright light colours even in low illuminations. Moreover, it needs a corded electric power source. The Dome camera price is 2185/- the price may change from time to time.
- Day and night video quality is good.
- Moreover, it has nice built quality.
- The waterproof feature is not good.
7) Hikvision DS-2CE5AC0T-IRPF Turbo HD Dome Cameras
It is a plastic body dome security camera by HIKVISION. It has a plastic body and requires a corded electric power source. The Dome camera price is 1199/- the price may change from time to time.
- The video quality is very nice.
- Installation is easy.
- Not for outdoor purposes.
- Built quality is not good.
8) Hikvision DS-2CE55A2P Dome/Indoor CCTV Cameras
It is an indoor camera by HIKVISION. It has day and night vision. Additionally, it has a wide temperature range. The Hikvision Dome camera price is 1605/- the price may change from time to time.
- It has a wide range of operations for different temperatures.
- The daylight camera quality is nice.
- Does not have an in-built microphone.
9) VIEWISE Indoor Outdoor Surveillance Fixed Security Cameras
It is a fixed-type security dome camera by the VIEWISE brand. It provides day night vision with HD quality video. Also, it has a varifocal camera lens.
- It has a wide-angle view.
- The noise reduction feature is not good.
10) I-Ball HD Dome IR Cameras iB-HDD133MM
It is a high-resolution IR camera by the I-Ball brand. Also, it has video transmission for long-distance.
- The IR featured night vision quality is good.
- Built quality is very good.
- It cannot be used for outdoor purposes.
11) D-Link Fixed Lens Dome Cameras
It is a day and night fixed lens camera by the D-Link brand. Additionally, it provides a wide IR range. Also, it has HD quality video with a plastic body. The Dlink camera price is 1085/- the price may change from time to time.
- The camera quality is very good.
- Night vision is clear.
- Not for outdoor purposes.
- Built quality is not good.
12) DIGIBYTE Dome Night-vision CCTV Cameras
It is a PoE-type night vision camera by the DIGIBYTE brand. Also, it has a fixed lens. Additionally, it supports dual streaming. The Digibyte Dome camera price is 1949/- the price may change from time to time.
- Provides good quality video compression.
- A wide-angle view is good.
- It has compatibility issues with browsers.
- Supports only old versions of browsers.
13) USEWELL HIKVISION Indoor Dome Cameras DS 2CE5AHOT ITPF
It is an indoor dome camera by USEWELL STORE and HIKVISION wired camera. Moreover, it provides night vision. The Hikvision Dome camera price is 3857/- the price may change from time to time.
- It has a high-resolution camera.
- Night vision brought about by IR camera is good.
- Built quality is not good.
In conclusion, if you want to buy dome cameras, then we have got you covered. We have provided every necessary detail. So, you can choose the best camera that suits you.
What is the price of dome cameras?
Prize of a dome camera ranges from Rs.1000 to Rs.5000.
How far can dome cameras see?
It depends on which type of camera you buy. Some cameras provide a narrow range and some cameras provide a wide range.
Which cameras are preferred dome or bullet cameras?
It depends on use. If you want a camera with durability, then buy dome cameras. If you want easy installation, then buy a bullet camera, likewise.