Dog treats are special foods that are supposed to give the dogs that consume them great pleasure. Besides giving dogs great pleasure, the treats can also be useful rewards in dog training programs. So that is where you reward the dog with a treat whenever it adheres correctly to the training instructions. Another area where these treats can be useful is that of improving dogs’ dental health. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best dogs Biscuits, Pedigree Dog Food in India.
This is because the treats tend to have chewy quality. Therefore as the dog gnaws hard on them, it gets a chance to clean teeth thoroughly. Further still, the treats can be useful for giving medication to dogs. So this is where you place the medication inside the treat. As the dog devours the treat, it ends up taking the medicine too. Finally, some of the treats can help in improving dogs’ digestion systems.
Top 9 Best Dog Treats in India
Features of Dog Treats
- Palatability is an important feature in dog treats.
- The treats should be of such a nature that the dogs would genuinely enjoy eating them.
- Digestibility is another important feature in these treats.
- The last thing you want is a treat that ends up getting stuck in the dog’s stomach due to indigestibility.
- The crunchiness is yet another important feature in dog treats.
- This is particularly important if you are using the treats as dog rewards.
Types of Dog Treats
- On the one hand, there are chewy dog treats.
- These are treats that the dogs have to chew on hard, and for long.
- They help with thorough teeth cleaning.
- Then there are soft training treats.
- These ones are easy to chew and swallow.
- They are ideal for use as rewards while training dogs.
- There are dog treats that come from animal parts.
- These include those that come from animal hooves and bones, as well as rawhide.
- Then there are threats that come from plant sources.
- It is in this latter category that we find the popular dog biscuits, among other treats.
How to use Dog Treats?
- The first step is to unwrap the dog treats from their packaging.
- The second step is to inspect the treats, to ensure that they are safe for the dog to eat.
- If, for instance, you discover molds at this stage, you can desist from giving the treats to the dogs.
- The third step is to place the treats inside the container from where the dog would consume them.
- Ensure that the container is clean, before doing so.
- If the treats are too big (and present a choking hazard for the dog), you may consider breaking them first.
- The next step is to present the treats to the dogs.
- Observe the dogs eating the treats, to see whether or not the treats are having the intended effect.
Buying guide for Dog Treats
- You first of all need to check the list of the ingredients in the dog treats.
- Ensure that they don’t contain ingredients that are obviously harmful to dogs: like too much salt and other chemicals.
- Further, you need to consider the dog breeds and dog sizes for which the treats are meant.
- Only buy treats that are ideal for the dog size and dog breed you have.
- Further still, check the quality of dog treat packaging.
- Ensure that it is of a type that doesn’t allow easy contamination.
- Check the buyer’s guide for the dog houses in India.
List of Top 9 Best Dog Treats in India Buyers Guide
1. Choostix Chicken Dog Treat
What you get here is a 450g package of treats, with chicken flavor. Suitable for use as rewards as well as dog teeth cleaning.
- These threats seem to have good palatability
- They serve multiple purposes (from reward to teeth cleaning)
- Digestibility is also good
- Quantity is only 450 grams
- Price is relatively higher
2. Pedigree Dentastix Medium Breed Oral Care Dog Treat
These are specifically useful in maintaining dog dental health. The package is 180g, with 7 chew sticks.
- Truly enjoyable by the dogs
- Has genuine tartar removal effect
- Price is highly affordable
- Package only has 7 chew sticks
- Only most ideal for medium breed dogs
3. Drools Absolute Calcium Bone Jar Dog Treat
The treats are rich in minerals and vitamins. The package has 20 treats, at 300 grams total weight.
- Suitable for use by almost all types of dogs
- Digestibility is good
- Price is reasonable for 20 treats
- Packaging can be slightly hard to unwrap
- Some dogs may only show modest enjoyment of these treats
4. Dogaholic Milky Chews Sticks Dog Treat
What you get here are 30 chew sticks. They have good energy (starch) content.
- Price is low for 30 chew sticks
- The packaging seems hygienic enough
- The treats can serve multiple purposes
- Unsuitable for dogs below 2 months
- Their teeth cleaning capability is not very high
5. Chewers Oven-Baked Real Mutton Dog Biscuits
Comes with mutton flavor. A highly enjoyable treat for all adult dogs.
- Package is ample size, at 1 kg
- Capable of improving dog immunity
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Only suitable for adult dogs
- The biscuits may sometimes break too easily
6. Paws for A Cause Gnawlers Dog Treat
In each package, you find 30 small treats. Weight-wise, it is 270 grams.
- These treats have a good impact on dogs’ teeth and gums
- Rich calcium content
- Suitable for use by dogs of all stages
- The price per package is relatively high
- May need plenty of water accompaniment
7. Himalaya Healthy Treats Puppy (Chicken)
This is a whole 1 kg package. The treats have distinct chicken flavors.
- Useful for improving immunity and digestion
- Good quantity, at 1 kg
- Quite palatable and enjoyable for most dogs
- Only ideal for puppies
- Contains sweetener ingredients (which some dog owners may be uncomfortable with)
8. Purepet 100% Vegetarian Biscuit Dog Treat
These come in a 1kg jar. They contain absolutely no animal parts.
- They have energizing effect (due to great starch)
- Suitable for use by dogs in all life stages
- Price is low for 1 kg
- Biscuits have some proneness to easy breaking
- Some dogs may only have modest enjoyment of them
9. JerHigh Variety Stix Dog Treat
Comes from real chicken meat. Suitable for use as dog reward (among other things).
- Palatability seems to be good
- Can be beneficial to a dog’s immunity
- Packaging is of a good standard
- Requires refrigeration after opening
- Only ideal for small to medium dogs
Through the use of high-quality treats, you can give your dog enjoyment combined with various nutritional benefits. You can make reference to this guide while seeking to buy high-quality dog treats in India.
What are the healthiest dog treats in India?
The healthiest dog treats are those that come from natural sources, with minimal chemical additives.
What are good home treats for dogs?
Good home treats for dogs include raw chicken legs, peanut butter treats, zucchini treats, and various pumpkin treats.
How much do dog treats cost?
The prices of dog treats in India range from 170 to 450 Indian rupees, for various brands.