A dog requires a comfortable space to spend most of its hour in. In days gone by, dog owners had to make do with improvised Dog House or Dog kennels. That is because it was very hard to find ready-made dog cages in the Indian market. Thankfully, that has changed. Nowadays, it is possible to find a professionally designed dog kennel. Whatever the breed or size of your dog, you can find a good kennel for it. Many of these kennels have designs that make them suitable for use by other pets – including cats.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Aquarium, Aquarium Accessories, Aquarium Water Cleaners, Fish Bowl, Aquarium Stand, Fishing Rod, Pebbles, Submersible Pumps, Drools Dog Foods, Pedigree Dog food, Dog Biscuits, Dog Treats, Body belts for dogs, Dog belts, Love Birds Cage, and Dog Beds in India.
Top 10 Best Dog House Varieties in India-Buyers Guide
Features of a Dog House
- Most of the dog houses in the market come with cushions. The purpose of these is to make the dogs sleeping in the kennels more comfortable.
- The best dog houses are made using easy-to-clean materials. This makes them easy to take care of.
- Another important feature in a dog house is size. The best dog cages allow plenty of movement space for the dogs staying inside.
- Portability is another important feature in a dog kennel. In this regard, the best kennels are foldable and easy to move around with.
Types of Dog Houses
- There are some dog houses that are raised above ground level. Then there are those whose base rests directly on the ground.
- Some dog kennels are for indoor use only. But there also some that are capable of both indoors and outdoors use.
- Some dog kennels have cave-like designs. Others have tent-like designs.
- We have some dog kennels whose design allows for mobile use (portable dog houses). But there are also those whose design is for stationary use (hard to move around with).
How to use a Dog House?
- The first step, after buying a new dog house, is obviously to unpack it.
- After unpacking, the next step is to assemble the dog house. Some of the dog houses come with manuals to help you in this process. But there are also some that come without manuals. For those, you have to use common sense.
- After assembling the dog house, the next step is to spread the cushion (if one is available). Then you can introduce the dog into the kennel, and see how comfortable he is there.
- Once the dog house is in use, it is important to remember to be cleaning it regularly. You may also need to be replacing the cushions from time to time.
Buyer’s guide for Dog Kennel
- The most important thing, while buying a dog kennel, is to ensure that it is of adequate size. You need to know the size of dog you are buying a kennel for. Then ensure that you get a kennel that is big enough for that dog. It should (at least) be a kennel within which the dog can move about.
- The kennel you buy should be one whose front opening is big enough. The opening should be big enough for the dog to go in and out without struggling.
- Yet another important consideration is the ease with which you can clean the dog kennel.
- You can buy the kennel at a local pet products store. The other option is to buy the kennel online. If you opt to buy online, you would have a chance to save time and money.
List of Top 10 Best Dog Houses or Dog Cage in India-Buyers Guide
1. Mellifluous Golden Blue Small Size Dog and Cat Cave Pet Bed
This cave-like pet house is ideal for small dogs and cats. It is elegant and very reasonably priced.
- Quite sturdy design
- Very comfortable for the pet
- Easy to wash
- Unsuitable for bigger pets
- The first-time assembly requires some skill
2. AmazonBasics Elevated Portable Pet House
This tent-like pet house is raised above ground level. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor uses.
- Big front opening for easy entry and exit of pet
- Big enough height for pet’s comfort
- Slightly pricey
- The warranty has some limits
3. Hiputee Soft Velvet Cave House for Cats Little Dogs
This is another cave-design pet house for small dogs and cats. Its price is also very low.
- Has cushion for extra comfort
- Easy to clean
- Elegant design
- Very modest size
- Limited outdoors use
4. Foodie Puppies Soft & Light Weight House
Here is a pet house made from army print material. Elegant and nicely sewed for durability.
- Reasonably big size
- Made from polyester for easy cleaning
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors use
- First time assembly requires patience
- Army print color may be disconcerting to some dogs
5. BLACK DOG House for Puppies & Dogs
Here is another army print pet house. The interior is soft and the whole package quite light.
- Reasonably priced, given the quality
- Relatively ample size
- Easy to clean
- Package may come slightly deformed (but regains shape very fast)
- Pillow replacement may be necessary after some time usage
6. Pets Empire Foldable Puppy House
Foldable, hence easy to move about with. Considerably elegant design and color.
- Ease to assemble/dissemble
- Strong design and attractive color
- Lightweight and foldable (hence travel-friendly)
- Relatively higher price
- The base rests directly on the ground (not raised)
7. Mellifluous Small Size Dog and Cat Pet Bed
This pet house has a uniquely tunnel-like design. It is one of the cheapest.
- Very pocket-friendly price
- Comfortable interior
- Elegant exterior
- Limited size
- Cleaning can require some patience
8. Ocean Wave Fabric Dog House
Here is a pet house with a hut-like design. Suitable for smaller dogs.
- Very easy to clean
- Very affordable price
- Sturdy and durable
- Unsuitable for bigger dogs
- Unpacking can be slightly tricky
9. Dogerman Foldable House Black Color for Dogs and Cats
Comes with a separable pillow/cushion. Very low price.
- Compact design
- Easily cleanable
- Modest price
- Limited size
- Color may look drab for some
10. Hiputee Foldable Velvet Fabric Dual Color House for Dogs and Cats
This is an elegant, blue-colored dog/cat house. It has a huge front opening: meaning your pet would have an easy time going in/out.
- Foldable (hence easy to move around with)
- Easy to clean
- Comes with a pillow for the pet’s extra comfort
- A rather modest size
- Packaging means that it comes slightly disfigured (but regains shape after a short while)
Your dog is likely to spend most of its time resting in its cage. Ensure that you buy a nice and comfortable cage, as per the information in this guide.
What is the house of a dog called?
What is the best dog house?
One that is comfortable for the dog, easy to clean, and of adequate size
What is the cost of the dog house/cage?
Most are in the 950 to 2,000 Indian Rupee range.