All domesticated dogs should at least have a belt to restrict their movements in, more so, public premises or property. A dog belt is simply a collar belt that is usually attached to a leash and preferably to a harness or halter. Just like humans, dogs deserve the utmost care. With the DIY (Do It Yourself) concept, it is now easy to make your homemade collar belt instead of purchasing one. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Dog Beds, Dog Houses, Pedigree Dog food, Dog Biscuits, Drools Dog Food, and Dog Treats in India.
Top 10 Best Quality Dog Belts online in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Dog Belt
- One important feature in a dog belt is the size. Different breeds and sizes of dogs have different neck sizes.
- Another yet important feature is the material. Is it tough on the animal’s neck? Is it irritating?
- Also, the strength and agility of the belt are important. A strong belt is durable.
- The weight of a belt is another vital feature as it’s determined by the size of the dog.
Types of Dog Belts
There are different types of collar belts in the market depending on several factors.
Such factors include
- The size of the belt,
- Purpose or function of the belt,
- Whether the belt comes with its harness,
- The material used in making it, the type of closure it uses,
- The maintenance processes involved,
- The size and breed of the targeted dog, and
- The stage that the targeted dog is in.
How to use Dog Belt?
- The first step of using a collar or dog belt on your dog is by determining the neck size.
- In the second step, adjust the belt to fit perfectly on the dog’s neck.
- Thirdly, tie and buckle the belt around the dog’s neck.
- You have to attach the leash to the collar with a firm grip.
- You can preferably create a harness with the leash to restrain the dog’s movement
Buyers Guide for Dog Belt
- When buying a dog belt, it is important to consider the size of the dog.
- This will determine the neck size of the dog and consequently, the belt.
- Another factor is the material. Is it comfortable, stiff, irritating, or itchy?
- The quality of the belt is important as it determines its durability.
- Also, consider the weight of the belt so that it does not become too heavy for your dog.
List of Top 10 Best Dog Belts in India-Buyers Guide
1. Pets Like Poly Collar (32mm)
The maroon-colored neck belt is a product of nylon material with a length of 32mm and a weight of 116g. It is a suitable fit for dogs that are in the size range of 45 to 60cm. GoldenEye, under the brand Pets Like, manufactures this belt with the buckle as the closure type.
- The quality of the material used is of a high standard.
- It is very durable.
- It is pleasant to behold making the dog wearing it appear very attractive.
- The belt maybe a little too big or too heavy for most dogs.
- It may only be suitable for the larger breeds like Rottweiler, Pitbull, and German shepherd.
2. PetsUp Dog Collar Neck Belt
The product is in a tan-blue medium size that is for small to large-sized dogs. It’s made with leather and has the buckle as the closure type of the collar. PetsUp manufactures this 90g belt for dogs with a neck size between 14.5 to 17.5 inches.
- The inside of the collar is softly padded to protect the dog’s neck from irritation and rubbing.
- The belt is very strong, durable but still maintains a soft solid effect on the dog.
- The leather is naturally tanned with no harmful or harsh chemicals.
- It may be a bit too bulky and thick for some dogs.
- The price is on the higher side.
3. PSK PET MART Dog Choke Pet Nylon Half Chain Collar Half Chocker Stainless Steel Dogs Collars
The 1.25-inch large belt is a product from nylon material with a pull-on as the closure type. PSK PE MART manufactures the belt under the PSK PET MART brand with 230g weight.
- The belt is high quality with durable nylon.
- It is suitable for training control for a dog since it has a limited cinch collar.
- As much as it is sturdy, it happens to be very comfortable on a dog’s neck.
- The welding of the choke is not properly done.
- It may only fit and suit large dogs.
4. Electomania Spiked Studded PU Leather Durable Pet Dog Pitbull Mastiff Collar with D-Ring Dog Neck Collar Belts
Electomania manufactures this leather belt for medium and large dogs. It has an animal print pattern with a buckle closure type
- The leather material is high-quality standard.
- It protects the dog from attack by other animals or other external parties.
- The collar is durable, sturdy, and comfortable for the dog.
- The size is a fit for large dogs.
- It may pose a threat or danger to the people near it.
5. Senapati Dog Combo Pack
SENAPATI manufactures their 0.05kg dog belt with a snap closure type. Its package comprises a harness, collar belts, and rope set.
- This is a strong and durable belt.
- It is handmade with natural dye and fiber ropes.
- It is a complete package as it comes with a rope set and harness.
- It is only meant for large dogs.
- The thickness is not standard.
6. Petlia Dog Neck Collar Leather Dog Neck Belt
Umar trade produces this black leather belt under the Petlia brand. It is a large-sized belt that uses the buckle as the closure type.
- This is a high-quality product.
- It is durable and easy to care for.
- It has a competitive price.
- It may only be a perfect fit for large dogs.
- It may be uncomfortable for some dogs,
7. Forfurs Pin Buckle Dog Collar Neck Belt
Vanya Enterprises produces this polyester buckle-closure type belt under the FOEFURS brand. It weighs 70gms.
- The belt has a pad with soft material for the dog to be comfortable.
- It is durable and strong.
- It is strongly stitched and easy to dry.
- It is not competitively priced.
- It may not be a perfect fit for all dog sizes.
8. Pedigone Dog Belt Combo
The 200g brown spike belt is by GuruEntreproses04007 under the brand PEDIGONE. It is a medium-sized belt.
- It has an adjustable neck size of 42-52cm.
- This is easy to fit and handle.
- It has a soft fur handle.
- It may be too heavy for a dog.
- It is not a perfect fit for all sizes of dogs.
9. Forever99 Pet Shop Studded Leather Dog Collar Neck Belt
ASD INTERNATIONAL manufactures the 100gram leather belt with the buckle closure type under the brand Forever99 Pet Shop.
- The leather is a vegetable-tanned material on top hence it is soft.
- The belt is very strong.
- The belt is high-quality.
- It is a fit only for medium and large dogs.
- It is not competitively priced.
10. Feeko Dog Collar
Feeko manufactures this 100g leather belt with buckle closure.
- The neck size is generously adjustable.
- The solid brass does not rust.
- It has a generous length of 27 inches.
- It is only for large dogs.
- It may not be comfortable for all dogs.
Taking a stroll or a jog with your dog can be easier by using a quality collar belt that will not only restraint it but ensures it is comfortable. This article is a guide for every dog owner.
What is a dog belt called?
It is a collar or a collar belt.
How do you make a homemade dog belt?
To make a collar, one can simply recycle an old belt.
Use a rope as a leash and for a harness you can use a bag that’s no longer in use or a rope.
What is the price of the dog Belt?
A good dog belt price ranges between 160 to 979 rupees.