Dog beds are items that are crafted with a soft and fluffy material where your dog naps during the day and sleeps at night. They are cozy keeping your dog warm and they also help in the prevention of calluses. They are ideal and small so you can take them with you during your travels. Mostly, they offer comfort and security to your dog. With a dog bed, your dog can distress and feel calm whether during the day or night. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Aquariums, FishBowls, Aquarium stands, Fishing Rod in India.
Top 10 Best Dog Bed Varieties in India
Features of a Dog Beds
- It should be easy to wash and dry whether by hand or using a washing machine.
- Dogs are creatures that sleep in all manner of ways.
- Your dog’s bed should be large enough to accommodate any sleeping position.
Heating or cooling
- Although not beds are available with this feature, it is a great addition as it warms up during extremely cold weather and helps your dog cool down during hot weather.
- There are two types of padding available for your dog; foam padding and polyester padding.
- Depending on the size of your dog and the price, you choose the right fit.
Types of Dog Beds
- These are perfect for older dogs.
- They prevent aches and pains and your dog sleeps comfortably be it taking a rest during the day or a full night’s sleep.
Cave-style dog bed
- They mostly act as a hiding spot for your dog.
- Dog Beds are ideal for dogs that enjoy hide and seek kind of play.
- They are mostly made of cotton and are warmer and cozier than other types.
Heated dog beds
- This type of dog bed is good for the winter seasons.
- Great for dogs that don’t have fur giving your dog a warm and comfortable space to sleep in.
Doughnut dog beds
- These beds are doughnut-shaped with raised edges where your dog can place their head when resting.
- In this bed, your dog curls up to a nice ball easily and sleeps comfortably and cozily.
Buyer’s Guide for Dog Bed
When out shopping for your dog’s bed, keep the following in mind:
- The first and main important point is to know the size of your dog. To do this, measure your dog when it is laying on the side from the tip of the nose to the beginning of the tail.
- Consider how frequently your dog will use the bed. This will make sure that the material you choose is the perfect fit.
- Choose a material that is not only washable but easy to clean as well. It should be hand and machine wash safe.
- The price should also be within your budget.
- Another factor to consider when out shopping for your dog’s bed is their age. Older dogs will require different padding material that supports their aging body comfortably.
- Another point to consider when out shopping for your dog’s bed is whether your dog chews on stuff. If it/they do, it is better to buy heavy-duty beds.
How to use a Dog Bed
- To use your dog’s bed, you will need to first place it in a comfortable area away from direct sunlight.
- Next, introduce your dog slowly to the bed until it gets used to the idea.
- Add your dog’s toys and throw in an extra cozy blanket.
List of Top 10 Best Dog Bed Varieties in India-Buyers Guide
1. Amazon Basics Round Bolster Pet Dog Bed
It has a funnel top surface and is round in shape. It is also slightly raised for a pillow-like edge. Lightweight, weighing only 0.5kgs and has a 1-year warranty.
- Machine-wash safe
- Made from extra soft material
- Ideal only for small dogs
- Tendencies of stitching disintegrating
2. Gorgeous Soft Velvet Reversible Dual Bed
This bed is easy to move around and ideal for use every day. The base is fitted with an anti-skid material and is also water-resistant.
- Velvet material
- Oval shaped
- Shreds easily
- Difficult to clean
3. PETITUDE Reversible Dual Colour Ultra Soft Ethnic Velvet Bed
You can carry this dog bed with ease as it is very lightweight. It is durable and made from velvet soft material. It is resistant to water and machine wash safe.
- Machine-wash safe
- Resistant to water
- The material tears easily
- Takes a long to dry
4. Hiputee Luxurious & Durable Polyester Filled Soft Dual Colour
Made for both cold and hot conditions. It is breathable and cozy, washable, and machine safe. The inner cushion is reversible and detachable.
- Detachable inner cushion
- For both cold and hot kinds of weather
- Not ideal for young puppies
- Amazon customers complained that the sides didn’t have enough cushioning
5. Slatters Be Royal Store Round Shape Reversible Ultra Soft Ethnic Velvet Bed
This dog bed has three walls, all cushioned for the comfort of your dog. They are available in various colors as well as sizes and they are quite gentle on your dog.
- Gentle on your dog
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- Easy to clean
- Not reversible
- Takes quite a long to dry
6. Petslover Warm Fleece Winter Beds
Perfect for dogs that are quite active. The material used is fleece fabric with extra cushioning on the inside making it fluffy and soft.
- Fleece filled fabric
- Good color combination
- Poor stitching
- The mattress supporting the bottom part is thin
7. Jerry’s Pet Products Super Soft Dual Round Dog Bed
It has a good design and the material is fluffy and durable. It is lightweight making it easy to carry around and is suitable for all weather conditions.
- Great design
- Fluffy and durable material
- Only ideal for use during day naps
- Unstable against the floor
8. Mellifluous Small Size dog bed
Made from polyester material. It has dual colors. It is machine wash safe and fits even in regular washing machines.
- Polyester material
- Dual colors
- Regular machine-wash safe
- Customers complained that the material wasn’t filled to its maximum
- Low height
9. PetsHub’s Elite Dog Bed
The material used is non-toxic. The center pillow is washable. It is available in five various sizes so you can choose what is right for your pet.
- Available in 5 different sizes
- The Centre pillow is washable
- Non-toxic material used
- Material attracts dirt easily
- Hard to clean
10. Hiptuee Reversible Dual Color Ultra Soft Velvet Bed
This pillow-like dog bed is ideal for use whether day or night. It has a combination of black and grey colors that camouflage dirt.
- Use day or night
- Ultra-soft velvet material
- Made of safe pet materials
- Quite a little stuffing
- Tendencies of stitching coming out easily
The right bed for your dog ensures that they have a secure place of their own. With so many options in the market, it is better and ideal to get a dog bed than to allow them to sleep on the sofa or in your bed. It also ensures that dirt and falling fur accumulate only in a single place.
Which is the best bed for dogs?
The best bed for dogs is the one that they feel comfortable sleeping in, ideal for all weather conditions, and made from non-toxic material.
What is the price of the dog bed?
Dog bed prices range from 400INR to 3000INR depending on the size, shape, and material used.