DJ controller is professional Everyone loves to listen to music, and many love to make their beats and enhance or bring their twist to existing music. These enthusiasts usually resort to using laptops, tablets, and mobile phones to enhance sound effects. But that is usually not sufficient for those who have a passion for music.
For that, DJ controllers are professional tools that bring ease to controlling the music. You can tune, tweak, and adjust the sound volume with the help of a DJ controller. Further, they include a microprocessor which makes the process smooth and enjoyable.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the Best Bluetooth speakers, Amplifier Speakers, Ahuja Speakers, Audio Mixers, Karaoke Mic, Sony Home Theaters, Sound Bars, Public Address systems, Karaoke Systems, subwoofers, television, and mixing boards in India.
If you are in the market for a good DJ controller, we are going to walk you through the best DJ controllers available, along with the ways to choose a suitable one.
Top 10 Best DJ Controllers in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a DJ controller
DJ controllers switch the software tuning to the physical control. Smartphones and computers have equalizers that we use to tune the music. But that is not sufficient if you want a professional touch in the music. Besides, software-tuned music is not that soothing. To fix all that, the DJ controllers exist.
Some of their common features include:
The physical controls let you set the music while it’s playing. There are several knobs and switches on the DJ controller that are used to adjust the music play.
The DJ controllers connect to various devices. They can connect to laptops and handheld devices. This lets the DJ play the songs on their devices and tune on the DJ.
Types of DJ controllers
The types of DJ controllers depend on the features. Some controllers have everything a professional DJ needs. On the other hand, some DJ controllers have enough to make a person learn how to play music.
The beginner type includes a limited number of features. Further, they are inexpensive but lack functionality. Such as, they are compatible with only one or two software and a single device.
Above the beginner level is a moderate channel DJ controller. It is for those jockeys who occasionally love to tweak the music. These controllers typically have more features than the ones for beginners. But they also do not include everything that a professional jockey needs.
The last one is the professional DJ Mixer which includes everything a DJ needs. Also, they work with plenty of software and connect to multiple devices.
Buying Guide for Best DJ Controller
Look for the following things when buying a DJ controller:
This is the main part of a DJ controller. They help in scratching the sound or performing the vinyl turntable. Jog wheels in the beginner DJ controllers only scratch audios. But at the professional and intermediate level, they even serve as the volume controller, navigation, and matching.
DJ Media Player
You can find this information on the package, or in the specifications online. DJ media player refers to the playing capability of the controller. That is how many tracks it can play at a time. Professionals need DJ controllers with greater capability, but beginners can do with less.
At the bottom of the DJ is the performance pad. It comes into action whenever a jockey needs a preset track or cues. It is an advanced option and is essential for professionals. However, the beginners should also get the controller with performance pads as that will let them practice the quick maneuvers.
Input and Output
You have to connect the DJ to some device. So, it is essential to verify what inputs and outputs it has. Along with that, also check its compatibility. Do not skip this crucial check else you may have to either return it or spend an additional amount to buy a compatible device.
How does a DJ controller work?
Using a DJ controller is different than using music enhancement software. It requires training, practice, and most essentially usage information.
The first principle that comes into play is the connectivity know-how. You need to know where to place which cable. Every cable has its specific function. And it needs to be plugged in exactly.
Once you are done, select the files you want to DJ and bring them up in the controller. Then combine the loops and the software to tweak the audios. Further, add in the tempo control to make your combination enchanting. Additionally, you will need the faders. When you are simultaneously playing multiple tracks, you need the fading effects. That happens perfectly when you know how to use the faders. Some of the best DJ controllers have the drum-kits in them. Utilize them to make your audio combination attractive. This is a pretty amazing job, but it requires training.
List of Top 10 Best DJ controllers in India Buyers Guide
1. Numark party mix DJ controller with built-in audio interface and light show
The Numark party mix is a portable DJ controller. You just need to plug this to begin cueing the music. Further, it is available at a low price.
- Includes audio interface
- Works with multiple music software
- Can be moved easily
- A lot of plastic parts
- Pretty fragile
2. Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB3 2-Channel DJ controller for Serato DJ Lite
The Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB3 is a professional DJ controller. It is indeed a good option if you are thinking about entering the professional music world. It will help you learn and enjoy your tweaking.
- Adaptable music scratching feature included
- Great functions and features
- Supported with Serato Lite only
- Design is pretty simple
3. Hercules DJ Control Inpulse 200
Hercules is for all those folks looking for an entry-level DJ controller. Impulse 200 is an affordable option that includes plenty of amazing features.
- Includes music assistant that is indeed a spectacular guide for the beginners
- Comes with a DJ software that refines the music enhancement
- Usability is pretty easy
- Works only with the software provided in the package
- Design is pretty basic
4. Denon DJ MC4000 Professional Serato controller
The Denon DJ MC4000 controller is preferred by mobile jockeys. It is light in weight and has plenty of cool features. In a way, it has nearly everything that a professional DJ requires.
- Price is pretty economical compared to many other brands in the market
- Features are professional
- Build quality is awesome, looks quite solid
- Comes with a limited version of the software, need to make an additional expense
- Includes VU meters instead of a digital display
5. Roland DJ 202 DJ controller
Roland is a notable name in the world of music. Their DJ 202 is an entry-level DJ controller. Just like the professional variants, DJ 202 has plenty of amazing features.
- Includes drum-kits and various other sound beats
- Exclusive Serato Pro access with this DJ controller
- The jog wheel is large enough to make proper use of it
- The mixer has only 2 channels
- DJ 202 has a plastic body, thus needs careful handling while moving
6. Native Instrument Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3
Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 DJ controller is an improved version of its predecessor. It has enhanced effects, better functions, and essential features. Further, it is the flagship version of the Traktor Pro 3 software.
- The knobs and buttons are aligned in the perfect spots
- The jog wheel works fine and adds amazing effects to the music
- Plenty of input and output are available
- The display screen is too small
- Durability is questionable
7. Hercules DJ Control glow
The DJ Control glows green when you play it and that looks quite cool when you are sitting at a party.
- Compact in size, can be carried along with ease
- Compatible with smartphones
- Pretty economical – certainly good enough for those looking for a cheaper option
- The glowing color looks good, but it may not be to everyone’s liking, especially those with visibility issues
- Does not include drum pads like the other Hercules DJ controllers
8. Reloop BeatMix 2 MKII
BeatMix 2 MKII is the step-up level of the entry variant launched a couple of years ago. It is portable and professional. Further, the build quality is nice and the wheels and knobs are big.
- Weighs less, thus it is easier to move it along
- Decent price, suitable for the occasional users
- Build quality is strong
- No display on board
- AUX input is missing
9. Odyssey FZNVBL Numark NV DJ controller case
While we are discussing the controllers, let us also add a controller case. The controller case is indeed a necessity when you have to work mobile. Moving from place to place and placing your controller at different locations poses a lot of threats. While most the DJ controllers are rigid and durable, that is not the case with all the controllers. Some bigger controllers are fragile. The Odyssey is the perfect solution for keeping your DJ safe. It is the FZNVBL controller case for the Numark NV.
- Shallow design for utmost covering
- The Interior has foam which prevents the DJ controller from scratches
- Cable management is easy
- Best for Numark NV only
- More expensive than several other options
10. MX DJ player and controller
MX DJ controller is a choice for beginners. It is easy to use and comes with a display to observe the sound cue.
- USB support available
- Includes plenty of music control features
- Enhances the music well
- Sensitive controls
- More expensive than similar brands
This guide should have given you all the information you need on DJ controllers. You can surely heighten your music career. Also hope this information helps you to purchase the best DJ Controller as per your requirement.
1. What is the best DJ controller for a beginner?
There are plenty of good names available in the market to choose from. From the list above there is the Pioneer DJ DDJ SB-3, which is a good DJ controller for beginners. Similarly, there are several other brands with adaptable music cueing features.
2. What does a DJ controller do?
DJ controllers are music enhancement devices. They couple up with the software and lets the jockey tweak the music. Further, a DJ controller has knobs, buttons, and wheels on it to adjust the music play.
3. Can you DJ with just a mixer and laptop?
DJing can be performed with a laptop and a mixer. For that, you will need the supported software and the mixer.
4. What does a DJ need?
A DJ needs a mixer, and a laptop or a handheld device. It is an all-in-one device that has music control and mixing features. On the other hand, the mixer is good for only mixing the audios.