In many countries today, national clothes are seen only as a cultural heritage. But this is not about India. Here, the national Indian clothes are still in everyday use, and it has not practically changed their features over the past centuries. Indian clothing is distinguished by originality, colorfulness, and a traceable uniform style. One of these types of clothes is the dhoti kurta – one of the most famous traditional sets of clothes.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Dhoti Pants, Dhoti, Dhoti salwar sets, Dhoti kurta for women, Lungi for men, Ramraj Dhoti, Ramraj Shirts, Track Pants, Track Pants for men, Tracksuits for Boys, Tracksuit for Men, Adidas Track Pants, Nike Track Pants, Track Pants for Women, tracksuits for Girls, Tracksuit for women, Jockey Track Pants, Puma Track Pants, Sports Jacket, night dress for girls, nightdress for women, nightsuits for women, cotton nighties, pushup bras, T-shirt bras, Bra & Panty sets in India.
Top 10 Best Dhoti Kurta for Men in India
Features of Dhoti Kurta
- It is important to say that according to Hinduism beliefs, only clothes made of unstitched pieces of fabric are ritually clean, and only in such clothes — clothes made of unstitched pieces of fabric, according to tradition, you can participate in the rituals — celebrations, weddings.
- Although critics now say, the abolition of such restrictions. At the same time, it is worth noting that lungi, about her just below, is also clothing made of unstitched fabric, but being dressed in lungi during religious ceremonies is considered too pejorative, because lungi, according to the Indians, is more casual simple clothes.
Types of Dhoti Kurta
- A dhoti is a long strip of fabric that wraps around the hips, and one end of it is passed between the legs, forming a kind of shorts.
- Kurta is a traditional Indian shirt with a length up to the middle of the thigh or up to the knees, which makes up a single ensemble with the dhoti.
- There are not so many types of this such set of clothes.
- Usually, it depends on the color matching and body type.
How to use Dhoti Kurta
- Wearing a dhoti is not very easy. The dhoti is visually divided into two parts.
- Firstly, you have to tie the dhoti in a knot at the waist in the navel area, leaving both ends free.
- Then you have to collect even neat folds at both ends of the dhoti — on the right and the left.
- One end of the dhoti, passing between the legs, is tucked behind the front edge. And finally, you have to straighten the other end of the dhoti in front.
Buyers guide for Dhoti Kurta
- Any important meeting, which is happening in India and is important for people, is suitable to wear this type of clothes.
- Usually, people prefer to wear a dhoti or kurta.
- The various models of this Kurt can be helpful to make an outstanding impression on the weather of the owner.
- Usually, adults in India prefer to receive these Kurtis, when some of their relatives have important events, such as weddings.
List of Top 10 Best Dhoti Kurta for Men in India-Buyers Guide
1. ABH LIFESTYLE Men’s Dupion Silk Dhoti Kurta Set
There are several sets of colors, which look nice. The rating is quite high.
- The quality of the fabric is good
- Colors are matched in this set
- It is suitable for every man
- Size is a bit different to calculate
- It is suitable for adult people
2. MAG Men’s Silk Regular Kurta Dhoti
The sets are full of different colors. The rating of the product is quite high.
- There are a lot of sizes which can be suitable for everyone
- The sets are full of different colours
- Colors are matched in every set
- There can be mistakes in size
- The quality of the clothes is not very high
3. Vastramay Men’s Black Cotton Silk Blend Kurta and Dhoti Pant Set
This set of clothes has a lot of potential good matching colours. The set is quite popular among customers.
- The quality of the kurta and dhoti is quite high
- There are several suitable sizes
- A customer can choose the best colour combination
- The price of the product is quite high
- The fabric can be a bit shabby
4. Modern Garments Men Dupion Silk Kurta with Maroon Silk Blend Readymade Dhoti Pant Set
There are several types of colour matching. The rating is quite high, and the product is popular among customers.
- There are different combinations of colours
- Size is suitable for every customer
- The price is quite low
- Teenagers can wear this type of clothes
- Some customers suggest the quality of the fabric is not very high
5. Shubh Mangalam Men’s Silk Regular Kurta
The product has not had quite a high rating. The kurta dhoti set is quite popular among customers.
- There are several sizes of clothes
- The quality of the fabric is quite good
- The size mostly suits the customer’s chosen size
- There are not so many colors for choosing
- The price is quite high
6. Royal Men’s 100% Cotton White Kurta And Dhoti Set
The design of the set is a bit different from the other types. The rating is quite high.
- The fabric has a high quality
- There are a lot of sizes for each customer
- The khurta has a small pocket
- The price of the set is quite high
- The available colour is only white
7. Larwa Ethnic Ganesh print Kurta Dhoti set
The set is full of different variations of colours. The rating is quite high.
- The quality of the fabric is quite high
- It is suitable for many people
- It is easy to wear
- The price is quite high
- The Colour is a bit different from the photo
8. Clarzo Men’s Banarasi Silk Regular Fit Kurta Dhoti Set
Despite variations in colours, the set is not quite popular. The rating of the product is not very high.
- The price is not quite high
- There are many colours for each set
- There are many sizes for each customer
- The quality of the clothes is not quite good
- It is not suitable for each situation
9. Benstoke High Low Kurta and Dhoti Pant Set For Men
The set has variations of colours. The rating is not quite high due to the interest of customers.
- The price of the set is low
- There are many sizes of clothes
- It is easy to wear
- The quality of the fabric is quite low
- There are some mistakes in sizes
10. Dishita Men’s Silk Dhoti Kurta Set Party
The product is not very popular among customers. The rating of the set is not quite high.
- The price is quite low
- The variations in sizes are diverse
- There are many colors for every customer
- The quality of the fabric is not quite good
- After delivery fabric looks a bit shabby
Dhoti covering the lower part of the body appeared probably earlier than a similar type of garment appeared and covered the upper part of the body as well. This is not surprising in natural conditions, especially in the south of Hindustan — suffocating heat and humidity. That is, dhoti can be spoken of as the predecessor of the sari. It is believed that until the XIV century, dhoti did not stand out at all as men’s clothing — it was the clothing of both men and women. Nowadays, dhoti is considered primarily men’s clothing, but it can also be worn by women.
What are dhoti and kurta?
Dhoti and kurta are traditional Indian clothes. Usually, people wear this set for some celebrations, but currently, men are changing their perspective and prefer to wear it for daily life.
Is dhoti kurta formal?
Dhoti kurta was a formal set of clothes due to traditions. But time is changing, so the idea of formal clothes is also changing. So these clothes are not as formal as it was in the 20th century.
What looks good with dhoti for men?
Men usually wear dhoti with a kurta. The idea of wearing this particular set is coming from ancient times. According to the style, colour and quality of the dhoti fabric, you can say a lot about its owner. Ordinary people – peasants – wear simple cotton fabrics. Aristocrats and businessmen can afford silk dhoti with a gold border. In India, to this day, a lot of men wear dhoti – this is very comfortable and practical clothing.