The detergent powder is a type of cleaning agent that removes tough stains in a single wash. And these need no introduction & best for washing machines. But the sheer number of brands and varieties end up confusing consumers.
In many households, people use the wrong type of detergent which leads to dull and stained clothes. This happens when unable to find the right washing powder or your washing technique is not correct. Also, check the buyer’s guide on the Soap Dispensers, Semi-Automatic washing machines, washing machine covers, Best Fully Automatic Washing Machines, Top Load Washing Machines, Front Load Washing Machines, vacuum cleaners, Surface Disinfectant spray, Floor Cleaner Liquids, Hand wash, Toilet Cleaners & Hand Sanitizers, Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaners, Dry & Wet Vacuum Cleaners, Dyson Vacuum Cleaners, Car Vacuum Cleaners, and Mini Vacuum Cleaners in India
Choosing the right detergent based on your requirements can be a daunting task. So, we are going to make it easier for you. Here we have a list of the best detergent powders available online in India that will help you make an informed decision.
Top 12 Best Detergent Powders in India
Buyers Guide – Detergent Powder
There are various things that a person needs to consider when buying a detergent powder. When every aspect is evenly considered, a buyer gets the best detergent powder as per his/her requirement.
When purchasing a detergent powder consider the following aspects:
- Detergent powders have a couple of application standards.
- Some are good for hand wash, while others do the machine wash well.
- What type of laundry do you perform? You can find the application written on the package.
- But some washing powder packs have nothing mentioned.
- These are usually good for both machine wash and hand wash.
- Never forget to see what the load type is.
- If you have the washing machine with the lid on the top, you need the top-load powder.
- And if you are using a machine that has the lid in front of the machine then get the front-load detergent powder.
- You judge the effectiveness of the cloth washing powder with the amount required/fill to get the laundry done.
- The standard fill quantity is 2 scoops per machine load.
- Depending on the brand, you may require less than 2 scoops which may mean it is a more powerful cloth washing powder.
- But these are more pricey.
- On the other hand, cloth washing powders require more fill, or a larger quantity to get the same amount of clothes washed may have a poor effect.
Features of a Detergent Powder
Washing doesn’t necessarily have to be a boring task. There are detergents out there that have plenty of great features to make washing enjoyable and rewarding.
Just consider the below features while choosing a detergent powder:
- The options available today are loaded with several cleaning, freshness, brightness, and fragrance features.
- However, the common feature that every cloth washing powder shares are its ability to clean the garments.
- This is the main reason for getting a laundry detergent.
- Further, some cloth washing powders are capable of brightening the fabric.
- They remove the toughest stains and restore the fabric strength.
- Some cloth washing powders are also scented.
- They add a pleasant smell to the clothes that last at least a day.
- Indeed, cloth washing powders are essentially for clean laundry.
Types of Detergent Powders
Detergent powders for laundry are of two types. The first one is the hand wash surf powder and the second is for machine washing.
- The hand wash powders are formulated to ease washing with hands.
- Further, its application is easy.
- Just add the cloth washing powder to the bucket with water, toss in the clothes, and leave them to soak for some time.
- After that, rinse the clothes and leave them to dry.
- The machine-wash powders have certain additional components that make them ideal for the washing machine.
- Some of these additional features include power rinse and quick soaking ability.
How to use Detergent Powder?
The detergent powder is used in two ways:
- The first method manual, also known as hand wash, is in which the detergent is mixed in the water.
- Its molecules disperse and begin a reaction with the water molecules.
- When the cloth is dipped inside the water, the surf powder’s molecules begin to work.
- They stick to the cloth and remove dirt, stains, and marks.
- The surf powder molecules push the dirt out of the fiber. Further, they react with the stains and soften them up.
- The stronger the molecules, the faster the effect.
- Its the other method
- The washing powder molecules act the same way as that in the case of hand wash.
- Here the rinse function was added.
- The molecules rub against the stains and remove them.
- Further, some cloth wash powder has a fragrance.
- The fragrance gets inside the cloth fibers and stays there for a pleasant effect.
List of Top 12 Best Detergent Powders in India Buyers Guide
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of detergent powders on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your day looking for a good one.
So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 12 list of the best detergent powders available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Vanish Oxi Action Fabric Stain Remover Detergent Powder 400 g
This is another popular brand in India. Many families rely on Vanish to get rid of stubborn stains from their clothes.
- Vanish detergent powder convenient for machine and hand wash
- Effective and swift response
- It produces the result in the very first wash
- More expensive than competing brands
- Smaller package quantities
2. Henko Matic Top Load Detergent Powder 2 kg with 1 kg Free Pack
This is a very cost-effective cloth washing powder. With every 2 kg pack of Henko Matic detergent powder, you can get a complimentary 1 kg pack free. It is also effective in cleaning clothes.
- Henko Detergent Powder remove tough stains
- This prevents color loss
- Results may appear in a single wash
- More expensive than several competing brands of similar quality
- Hand wash results better than machine wash
3. Surf Excel Easy Wash Detergent Powder with 4 kg Quantity
This has several variants available. Different formulas mean plenty of washing experiences. Surf Excel Easy Wash is a hand-washing solution available in three different package quantities.
- Surf Excel detergent powder suitable for every fabric
- A fast manual wash solution
- Removes toughest stains
- Expensive washing powder
- Suitable only for manual wash
4. Surf Excel Matic Top Load Detergent Powder with 2 kg Quantity
This is one of the global leaders. It is certainly one of the top detergent powders available in India. This is primarily because of its effectiveness in cleaning dirty clothes.
- Surf Excel Detergent Powder has an advance & effective formula
- Faster and more responsive than standard brands
- Favourite brand of numerous washing machine makers
- Relatively expensive
- Only for top-load washing machines
5. Ariel Matic Top Load Detergent Washing Powder 4 kg with 2 kg Free Pack
Almost everyone who does the laundry knows Ariel. Ariel is one of the greatest competitors of Surf Excel detergent powder, and not without reason. It’s a great product trusted by most.
- Ariel Detergent Powder comes with Brightguard technology
- It is quite effective
- Also, it provides intense washing
- Only for top-load washing machines
- Quite expensive
6. Tide Plus Extra Power Detergent Washing Powder – 6 kg + 2 kg with Lemon & Mint
Tide is another reputable cloth washing powder brand in India. This is a powerful detergent that contains lemon and mint fragrances. Further, it comes in 5 different package quantities.
- Tide Plus Detergent restores nearly original fabric condition
- Fast and effective
- Half a spoon of Tide Plus equals a full spoon of ordinary detergent powders
- Machine wash requires more powder
- Relatively expensive
7. Rin Advanced Detergent Powder with 7 Kg Quantity
Rin Advanced detergent powder is the formula for both hand and machine wash. It is available in a giant7-kilogram pack that is sufficient for a couple of months.
- Rin Detergent Powder has a fresh scent
- It is available at a reasonable price
- Available in different quantities
- Cannot wash woollen clothes
8. Mr. White Detergent Powder 5 Kg with 2Kg Free
This powder whitens the clothes without the inclusion of bleach. It is an economical solution to brighten white shirts.
- Mr. White Detergent Powder contains a whitening formula.
- Cheap in price
- Get 2 kilograms of extra cloth washing powder on the pack of 5 kilograms
- Good for white clothes
- More expensive than local brands
- Not very effective in colored clothes
9. Ujala IDD Detergent Powder 4 kg with 1 kg Free Pack
The Ujala powder is one of the popular local cloth surf powders. It has been winning the hearts of consumers for quite a while. Indeed, this is the best local-made washing powder in India.
- Ujala Detergent Powder preserves the original condition of the fabric
- The fresh scent makes the clothes pleasant
- 1-kilogram extra powder on the pack of 4 kilograms
- Effective but still more expensive than numerous local brands
- Variety in package quantities is less
10. Syclone Matic Top Load Detergent Powder with 6 Kg Quantity
The Syclone brand is another laundry solution available for washing machine users. It is specifically designed for machines.
- Syclone Matic Detergent Powder made with a European technology
- This refreshes fabrics
- Specific machines use the formula
- Cannot work in hand wash laundry
- Top load machines only, not front load
11. Ghadi Detergent Powder with 3Kg Quantity:
It’s an Indian brand extremely inexpensive. You can find its 3 kilograms pack at the price of a 1-kilogram pack of popular international brands.
- Ghadi detergent powder is extremely cheap
- It is a cost-effective solution
- Works fine on fabrics
- Not as effective as the other local brands
- Consumers report that it does not dissolve in water properly
12. Patanjali Popular Detergent Powder with 2 kg Quantity:
Patanjali is a popular Indian brand. It is a herbal powder with ingredients such as neem and has a fresh rose fragrance. Further, it comes in various package quantities of which the most popular is the 2 kg pack.
- Patanjali Detergent Powder made with Neem
- And neem is a unique addition to detergent powders
- It has a rose fragrance
- Also, it includes citrus
- Consumer report that this washing powder harms the fabric
- Not very effective
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of the top 10 best detergent powders in India. So, it should be easy for you to determine which one is best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best powder for you along with valuable benefits.
Which washing powder is the best?
Indeed, every washing detergent powder is best as long as it keeps your clothes clean. Among the international brands, Surf Excel, and a few others are considered best based on their effectiveness.
Why is powdered detergent better than liquid?
The cloth washing powders last longer. On the other hand, liquid detergents have a shorter shelf life. Also, these are more effective when mixed with water. Liquid detergents tend to weaken as soon as they are diluted in water.
Is liquid or powder detergent cheaper?
The washing powder is cheaper than liquid detergents. The main reason for that is the volume and usage. Since liquid detergent is spent more, it increases the cost.
Which washing powder smells the best?
Every washing powder has a distinct smell. It depends on the chemicals included. Like the standard Surf, Excel powder has a distinct and unique smell. On the other hand, a washing powder with citrus extract may smell like lemon. Indeed, it depends on the users’ choice.
Which laundry detergent powder scent lasts the longest?
A laundry cloth washing powder containing citrus and lavender extract retains their scent longer. You can find that in the famous cleaners like Wheel and Surf Excel. The fragrances help to keep the clothes fresh and pleasant for a long.