As a Dell laptop owner, you may find eventually yourself looking to replace the battery. For instance, if your Dell laptop battery loses its charging ability, you have no alternative but to replace it. Similarly, if your Dell laptop battery breaks, you may have to replace it. On another note, if your laptop’s battery loses the ability to store power, you would need to replace it. So you find that the battery is charging alright, but it is not storing power. So you replace it.
There could also be cases where you just need to have an extra Dell laptop battery. This would be for it to serve as a ‘power bank’ of sorts. A while ago, getting a good Dell laptop replacement battery was hard. Nowadays though, the market is flooded with decent replacement batteries for Dell laptops.
Also, check the buyers guide for HP Laptop Batteries, Laptop Keyboards, Wireless Keyboard & Mouse sets, Laptop Cleaning Kit, Laptop Bags, Laptop Cooling Pads, Laptop Stands, Laptop Power Banks, Gaming Laptop Under 60000, Gaming Laptop Under 50,000, Laptop under 40000, Gaming Laptops under 50000, Gaming Laptops under 60000, Gaming laptops under 70000, Laptops under 70000, 512GB SSD, & 1TB SSD
Top 12 Best Dell Laptop Battery Models in India
Features of Dell Laptop Battery
- The Dell laptop batteries are of the rechargeable variety.
- Some can keep the laptop running for just a couple or so hours.
- But there are also some Dell laptop batteries that can pack in a great deal of power.
- When fully charged, they can keep the laptop running for as many as 5 or more hours.
- Many of the Dell laptop batteries in the market are lightweight.
- They don’t add a great deal of weight to your laptop.
- Many of them also have the capacity to charge quite fast.
- But there are some that charge at a slower rate.
- The most important feature in Dell laptop batteries is compatibility.
- The battery you buy has to be capable of fitting into the space provided for it in your laptop.
- Then it should be capable of being detected by the laptop, and working well with the machine’s charging system.
Types of Dell Laptop Batteries
- Modern Dell laptop batteries are based on two technologies.
- The first of those is lithium-ion technology.
- And the second one is lithium polymer technology.
- Lithium is the main substance inside the batteries.
- It is the one that reacts with other components, to produce the current that powers the laptop.
- In the market, you can find branded and generic Dell laptop batteries.
- Some of the branded batteries come from the Dell Company itself.
- The generics are made by other companies but are nonetheless compatible with Dell laptops.
Buyers Guide for Dell Laptop Battery
- Before buying Dell laptop batteries, you need to be sure that it fits into your machine.
- It should be a battery that your laptop recognizes.
- And it should be a battery that is capable of being charged by your laptop, then powering the laptop later.
- So this is the compatibility question.
- Also, ensure that it is within the typical Dell laptop battery price.
- You can order Dell laptop batteries in a traditional computer spare parts store.
- Alternatively, you can order Dell laptop batteries online.
- On average, the Dell laptop batteries price you find online is better than what you get in a traditional store.
- But some traditional stores also help with things like battery installation and testing.
- It is a good idea to check the reviews of any Dell laptop batteries, before proceeding to buy it.
- It is also a good idea to restrict yourself to Dell laptop batteries that have warranties.
- If you can afford it, opt for one of the Dell laptop batteries that come with advanced power safety features.
How to use Dell Laptop Battery
- All Dell laptops come with slots into which batteries are supposed to be fitted.
- So all you need to do is first acquire Dell laptop batteries.
- Then carefully fit it into the space provided for it.
- When you plug your Dell laptop into a mains socket, the battery would get charged.
- It then stores this charge. You can then use the laptop even when you don’t access to the mains power line.
- The battery itself is made of several cells.
- Inside these cells are substances like lithium Ion or lithium polymer.
- It is these substances that give the battery its capability to store electrical power.
List of Top 12 Best Dell Laptop Battery Models in India-Buyers Guide
1. Dell 14.8V 40Whr 4 Cell Laptop Battery for Inspiron 3458 3551 5558 5758 Vostro 3458 3558 (M5Y1K)
Like many modern Dell laptop batteries, this is a 4-cell battery. Its 14.8-volt rating makes it a reasonably powerful battery.
- Original Dell laptop battery
- Compatible with many Dell laptops
- Very reasonably priced
- Lithium polymer (rather than lithium-ion) technology
- Packaging is somewhat too basic
2. DELL Original 42Wh 11.1V 3500mAh 3 Cell Laptop Battery Inspiron 13 5368 5378 15 5565 5567
This is one of those Dell laptop batteries that work well with many laptop models. It is based on better lithium-ion (rather than lithium polymer) technology.
- Confidence-inspiring packaging
- Good warranty
- Great power storage capacity
- Somewhat costly
- 1-volt rating may appear little to some
3. DELL 3437 Series 11.1V 6 Cell Battery for Inspiron 14. 3421/14R 5421 5437/15 3521 3537/15R 5521 5537/17 3721 3737 (Black)
This is a versatile Dell laptop battery (given the many models it fits into). It is also one of the most affordable Dell original laptop batteries.
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- Unique, 6-cell battery
- Remarkably high (5640 milliamp hours) rating
- Relatively heavy
- Some may struggle with the installation
4. Lapcare Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron N5010, N5110, N5050, N4010, N4110 6 Cell (Black)
This is another remarkably powerful 6-cell branded battery. It also doesn’t suffer from the memory effect (meaning longer usable life).
- High quality at relatively low price
- Seems to charge quite fast
- Comes with a decent warranty
- Unpacking requires some patience
- Compatible with relatively fewer laptops
5. DELL NATAL-MR-PN-8739130 Inspiron 15R-5521 3521 OEM Battery (Black)
Here is one of those superior qualities but somewhat pricey Dell batteries. It is lightweight yet considerably powerful.
- Doesn’t add a lot of weight to your laptop
- Can store a great deal of power (with 5640 mAh rating)
- Genuine original battery
- Somewhat higher price
- Warranty details are quite intricate
6. Dell Original Battery M5Y1K Inspiron 5558 3458 3558 3551 5558 3451 5758 Vostro 3458 3558 14.6V 2600mAh
This is an original Dell battery with a superb 14.6-volt rating. Its 2,600 milliamp-hour capacity is even more remarkable.
- Comes with a solid warranty
- When fully charged, can run the laptop for many hours
- Based on advanced lithium-ion technology
- Relatively costly
- Some may feel that it adds considerable weight to a laptop
7. DELL Original 42Wh 11.1V 3500mAh 3 Cell Laptop Battery Inspiron 5480 5488 Latitude 3180 3189
Here is one of the most exceptional 3-cell laptop batteries. Its 3,500 mAh rating is adequate for most people’s needs.
- Packs a lot of power (at 3500 milliamp hours)
- Broad compatibility
- Quite easy to install
- Somewhat heavy
- It is a 3-cell (not 4 or 6 cells) battery
8. Dell Inspiron Latitude Battery Vostro 14.8V 40Wh M5Y1K
This battery comes with high-quality internal components, for durability. Its 41.8-volt rating is also decent.
- Great performance, for a long duration
- True genuine Dell product
- Seems to charge quite fast
- Installation can seem tricky for some
- Compatible with relatively few laptops
9. Dell Latitude E6440 E6540 E6440 E6440 65wHR 6 Cell Battery
This is another powerful, 6-cell Dell laptop battery. Somewhat pricey, but with qualities to justify it.
- Very stable battery
- Durable (due to quality components)
- Quite easy to install
- Relatively heavy
- Packaging can be tricky to unwrap for some
10. Dell 40Whr 14.8V 4 Cell Battery for M5Y1K 453-BBBR HD4J0 GR437 W6D4J 451-BBUD
One of the most affordable original Dell laptop batteries. Voltage rated at 14.8, which is superb.
- Nice pricing
- Relatively lightweight
- Stores power for long
- Packaging basic and uninspiring for some
- Compatible with fewer laptop models
11. Dell Inspiron 14 3421, 14R 5421 5437, 15 3521, 15R 5521 5537. 17 3721 3737, 17R 5721 5737, XCMRD Battery
This is one of the most broadly compatible Dell laptop batteries. It is a 6-cell battery.
- Charges fast in most cases
- Easy to install
- 11.1 voltage rating may appear small to some
- Warranty may seem too conditional
12. Dell Genuine Battery for Latitude E5540 E5440 5500 M7T5F 65WHr 6 Cell Battery
This is a genuine, good-value-for-money product. Inside the cells is lithium-ion, for superb performance.
- Stable and reliable
- Stores a lot of power fast
- Durable components
- Relatively higher price
- Installation may require patience for some
The performance of your Dell laptop depends a lot on the battery in it. Use the information in this guide to make the best Dell laptop battery purchase decision.
What is the price of a Dell laptop battery?
Most are in the 1,900 to 4,000 Indian rupees range, depending on quality.
Where can I buy the original Dell laptop battery?
Online or at a genuinely trusted computer spare parts store.
Which battery is best for a Dell laptop?
One that stores a lot of power, is stable and durable.