Dell Inc. produces some of the best personal computer (PC) technology in the world. Founded in 1984 by Michael Dell, the company first began upgrading PCs. A year later, they started building their line of computers. Today, Dell is a leader in personal laptops, digital technology, and data storage.
Dell laptops feature the latest specs for many different users, from students to professionals to even gamers. Apart from producing high-quality laptops, Dell excels in customer support and upgrade services as its laptops are easily customizable. We will look at the different Dell i5 laptops and what features they have.
Top 10 Best Dell i5 Laptops in India
Features of Dell i5 Laptop
- Dell laptops come with various CPU processors, and one of the most powerful is the Core range from Intel.
- The Intel Core i5 originates from the Pentium microarchitecture, which features 64-bit processing capabilities.
- All Dell Core i5 laptops contain a 64-bit Core i5 processor that ranges from 8th to 11th generations.
- The frequency range for Core i5’s is between 4.00 GHz to 4.20 GHz.
- The Dell laptops feature other innovative specs other than the Core i5.
- Each laptop features a large 1TB hard drive, 8GB RAM, and a full HD display.
Types of Dell i5 Laptops
- Dell produces a wide range of Core i5 laptops for various users in mind.
- The Inspiron range is suited for everyday use aimed at the student or the business professional.
- Next, there are the XPS Dell laptops which feature advanced display specs and processing power.
- The G-series is for the avid gamer and has a wide array of game-orientated functions for an immersive experience.
- The Latitude and Vostro range of laptops are high-performance laptops with specs suited for businesses.
- For education-based laptops, Dell produces its line of Chromebooks to meet the needs of today’s students.
Buyers Guide for Dell i5 Laptop
- When purchasing a Dell i5 laptop, take note of the features you require.
- The Intel Core i5 processor comes in generations, each an improvement on the last.
- The frequency range must be taken into consideration depending on your technology needs.
- Additionally, look at the other features such as RAM capabilities, graphics cards, and customizable features.
- Core i5’s is an expensive processor, so budget accordingly.
- It is also important to note that CPUs, unlike RAM or graphics cards, are not upgradable.
- There are other features to consider for gamers, which means prices will be greater than other Dell products.
- The inner workings of a CPU, like the Intel Core i5, are beyond the scope of this article.
- However, the function of a CPU is a specialized circuit that sends, receives, and stores instructions around the entire computer motherboard.
- Every computer needs one to operate as it interacts with all software installed on the device.
List of Top 10 Best Dell i5 Laptops in India-Buyers Guide
1. Dell G3 3500 Gaming Laptop
The G-series range from Dell is some of the best gaming laptops on the market today. It features a 10th generation Core i5 processor and Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card.
- It features a 16GB RAM and 1TB hard drive
- The keyboard features a blacklight
- It has the Alienware Command Centre for improved performance
- It does not have dual solid-state hard drives
- There is only one fan for cooling
2. Dell G3 3579 Gaming Laptop
Here we have another G-series Dell i5 laptop with powerful hardware specs and modern features. It features dual SSD drives and improved wireless capabilities.
- It has improved Ethernet ports for faster wireless connectivity
- There are dual fans for better CPU cooling
- The battery can charge quickly with a 56Whr battery
- The Core i5 processor is 8th generation
- It is a heavy laptop, weighing 2.5kg
3. Dell Inspiron 5409 Laptop
With the Inspiron range, you get a high-performance laptop to satisfy many different needs. It features a powerful 11th generation Core i5 processor with fingerprint security access.
- It has an 11th generation Core i5 processor and 8GB DDR4 memory
- It features a drop hinge design for better typing comfort
- Powering on happens as you open the lid, even from powered down
- It does not have a 1TB hard drive
- The battery life is only six hours per charge
4. Dell Inspiron Core i5 Laptop
The Dell Inspiron Core i5 laptop features upgradable hardware specs and a full HD display. It features a 1TB hard drive and UHD graphics card.
- It features a 1TB hard drive and 4GB DDR4 memory
- There is an Intel UHD graphics processor
- It has a DVD drive storage option
- It only has a six-hour battery life
- It does not have a fingerprint safety feature
5. Dell Vostro 3558 Laptop
The Vostro range from Dell is the perfect entry-level laptop. It features a 5th generation Core i5 processor and an anti-glare LED display.
- It features a one-year accident damage warranty
- It has a DVD optical drive
- The RAM and hard drive are upgradable
- It comes with Windows 8 instead of the Windows 10 operating system
- The hardware specs are low compared to other i5 laptops
6. Dell Vostro 3400 Laptop
The Vostro 3400 laptop features the powerful 11th generation Core i5 processor. Also, it has an integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics card and 8GB DDR4 RAM.
- There is an 11th generation Core i5 2.4GHz processor
- It has an anti-glare LED backlight
- It features an 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB hard drive
- It does not have an optical drive
- It only has a 14-inch screen display size
7. Dell Vostro 3478 i5 Laptop
The Dell Vostro 3478 is a high-performance entry-level laptop perfect for students. It features an 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor with a 1TB hard drive.
- It features 4GB RAM and 1TB hard drive
- The graphics card is a 2G AMD Radeon 520
- It has a durable build-quality with Waves MaxxAudio speakers
- Its screen display size is only 14-inches
- It does not have a fingerprint reader security feature
8. Dell Inspiron 5502 laptop
The Inspiron 5502 by Dell is a powerful and lightweight laptop with an 11th generation Intel Core i5 processor. It features an Nvidia GeForce MX330 graphics card and an 8GB DDR4 memory.
- It is lightweight with a full HD, anti-glare display screen
- The graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce MX330
- It can support up to 32GB DDR4 memory
- It only has a 512GB hard drive
- There is no optical drive feature
9. Dell Vostro 3590 Laptop
This Vostro 3590 laptop comes with a 10th generation Intel Core i5 processor. It features an AMD Radeon 610 graphics card and an 8GB DDR4 memory.
- It features an AMD Radeon graphics card
- The hard drive is a 1TB SATA hard drive with an additional 256GB SSD
- It comes with an optical drive
- It does not have an adaptive comfort hinge
- There is no fingerprint reader
10. Dell Inspiron 5558 Laptop
Here we have a reliable laptop with features ideal for students. It features a 1TB hard drive and a 15.6-inch HD display screen.
- It has a 1TB hard drive
- It features an optical DVD drive
- The battery life is long-lasting
- It only comes with Windows 8 operating system
- It does not feature DDR RAM or Nvidia graphics card
Dell produces some of the best Core i5 laptops on the market. Each laptop caters to the many IT needs of users. Their gaming laptops are some of the most sort-after laptops on the market, featuring powerful hardware systems and processors.
What is the price of a Dell i5 laptop?
The price range of a Dell i5 laptop can vary greatly depending on what features it has. The lowest price is around 50,000INR, but the more expensive Dell i5’s is up to 100,000INR.
Which is the best Dell i5 laptop?
Choosing the best Dell i5 laptop depends on several needs. Gaming laptops will have extra features not available on business-orientated laptops. The best laptop which offers the best of both worlds is the Dell Inspiron 5409 Laptop. This laptop has advanced hardware features that can handle gaming needs, as well as handling business-oriented software.