Many Dark Chocolate brands are available in India. Actually Dark chocolate is very popular among chocolate lovers. It has a higher content of pure cocoa and leaves a better aftertaste and a smoother texture. Dark Chocolates are also known to have many health benefits.
It’s difficult to choose the proper and healthy dark chocolate brand in India. This article will help you to find the list of best dark chocolates according to their flavor, taste, ingredients, and features.
Best Dark Chocolate in India
Features of Dark Chocolate:
- It can boost your happiness hormone by enhancing the secretion of serotonin which is a neurotransmitter that makes you happy.
- Dark Chocolate also improves brain functioning and keeps the cholesterol levels down.
- Dark chocolates keep your heart healthy and eating it 4-5 times weekly reduces the risks of developing cardiovascular diseases by 57%.
- It is also good for your skin, for relieving stress, and keeping your skin glowing and healthier.
List of Best 12 Dark Chocolate Brands in India
There are many good brands of dark chocolate in India which can make buying them difficult. We are providing some of the best brands of dark chocolates that are available in the Indian market.
You can buy the best and perfect dark chocolate from the below list of chocolates.
1. Hershey Special Dark Chocolate Miniature Bars 102 Grams:
Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate comes in 8 snack size. It consists of nearly 45% cocoa. The key features of this dark chocolate are listed below. And this chocolate is perfect for celebrations, holidays and gifting purposes.
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate is rich in taste, smooth, and a mild sweet taste.
- It is loaded with the goodness of flavonoids and antioxidants which can help you be healthy.
- Serving size of 40.8 grams of this chocolate contains sugar, milk fat, and cocoa butter.
- The chocolate can be bought from offline stores and online also.
2. Lindt Excellence 99% Cocoa Chocolate Bar 100 g:
The chocolate is 99% high-quality dark chocolate. It consists of an intense flavor and some best features. As the name suggests, Lindt dark chocolate contains 90% cocoa and is the closest to eating pure unsweetened chocolate and reminds you of the strength and richness of taste of pure cocoa beans.
- Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate has a strong and pungent flavor and a strong bitterness hits the palate almost immediately.
- This chocolate body is masterfully crafted with balanced, rich and smooth texture.
- The after taste of the chocolate lasts for a long time
- One serving 100-gram bar contains 592 kilocalories, 55 grams fat, 14 grams carbohydrate, and 10-gram protein.
3. Brookside Dark Chocolate Pack of 3 with Pomegranate, Blueberry, and Acai & Raspberry and Goji Flavors 100g Each:
This chocolate comes in a combo pack and chocolate dark center filled three flavors pomegranate, blueberry along with acai, and raspberry along with goji. Each of these three flavors has a distinct taste of fruit center.
- Brookside Dark Chocolate outer shell comprises only 30% chocolate which does not provide the bitter aftertaste like other dark chocolates.
- The core of the shell is flavored jelly which is fine if you like fruity flavors with your chocolate.
- This is a pack of delicious goodies and perfect for anytime snacking options.
- Though it is novel chocolate, it may not appeal to everyone.
4. Cadbury Bournville Dark Chocolate with Rich Cocoa 80 gm Bar Pack of 5:
The Cadbury Bournville lists in the top as best dark chocolate in India. This comes in three flavors like classic rich cocoa, cranberry, and raisin & nuts. The sugar content in Bournville chocolate is high at 47 grams per 80 grams of chocolate which can be problematic for some consumers.
- Cadbury Bournville Dark Chocolate has 50% cocoa content and the taste is a good blend of sweet and dark.
- This has a rich smooth texture and is very smooth on the palate.
- It leaves a good aftertaste which is quite pungent and strong.
5. BOGATCHI Chocolate with 99.99% Pure Keto Dark Chocolate 80 gm Bar:
Bogatchi manufactures different types of dark chocolates. Their 99% dark chocolate is very popular.
- It consists of 99% pure cocoa and has an unsweetened, gluten-free, and creamy taste.
- Bogatchi dark chocolate is made using 100% pure cocoa sourced from Africa.
- The high cocoa content of this chocolate is full of antioxidants and helps in improving blood circulation and overcomes sleep-inducing chemicals in the brain.
- It does not contain any preservatives or sugar and you can look forward to enjoying pure and unadulterated cocoa.
6. GONE MAD Dark Chocolate Sticks Pack of 10:
The is a unique dark chocolate offering where the dark chocolate is coated over wafer sticks. This is an excellent dark chocolate wafer stick with a delightful flavor.
- Gone Mad dark choco sticks coating over the wafer sticks is thick which provides it a crunchy yet smooth texture.
- The Choco sticks just melt in your mouth and leaves a lingering aftertaste which wants you to have more of it.
- The chocolate is 100% vegetarian and comes in a pack of 10.
7. Nestle ALPINO Dark Chocolate with 71% Cocoa Pack of 3 Intensely 90gm Bars:
This intensely dark chocolate has 71% of cocoa and comes in a pack of 3 bars with 90 grams size. It is crafted with European Chocolatiers and sourced from Ukraine. Pack of three 90 grams of chocolate bars available in very competitive pricing considering the quality of this chocolate.
- Nestle Dark Chocolate taste is heavenly which invites indulgence and a lengthy aftertaste after you have finished eating it.
- It has a smooth texture with the richness of cocoa and goodness of dark chocolate.
- The balance between bitterness and sweetness achieved exceptionally, lending it a great taste.
- It contains sugar, 64% cocoa solids, 7% cocoa butter, and emulsifiers.
- A serving of 90 grams consists of 353 kilocalories, 19.1 grams sugar, 20.9 grams carbohydrates, and 26.9 grams fat.
8. Rage Chocolate Happy Valentines Day Signature Blend 90 Grams:
This is a Bangalore-based chocolatier that manufactures a wide range of dark chocolates. Rage dark almond chocolates are delightful bars and come in 90 grams of quantity. Also, these bars are very popular in India.
- Rage Dark Chocolate is made from sugar, vegetable fats, skim milk powder, cocoa powder, cocoa solids, roasted almonds, and butterscotch.
- The chocolate packs a unique blend of smooth dark chocolate and crunchy almonds that appeal to your taste buds.
- This is a delectable signature blend which means it’s a right mix of dark chocolate & milk
- Each chocolate comes with a different message which makes it suitable for gifting purposes, specific occasions and events.
9. Amul 150 Grams Dark Chocolate with Finest COCOA Beans
This chocolate made by the brand Amul and comes with 55% pure cocoa in a quantity of 150 grams. It is a popular dark chocolate brand in India & top in the list which makes delectable dark chocolates. The features of Amul dark chocolate are as follows:
- Amul Dark Chocolate melts in your mouth while tasting and gives a creamy and buttery taste.
- It has 55% pure cocoa which provides it a rich and smooth texture.
- The finest particle size is 20 microns which are achieved using the state-of-the-art refiner and it gives an excellent mouthfeel.
- The chocolate is available in a 150-gram sized bar which contains 557 kilocalories and 33.7 grams of fat.
10. Godiva Dark Rich, Smooth Belgian Chocolate with 72% Cocoa 90g:
This is one of the most popular dark chocolate in India & brands globally. And Godiva dark chocolate contains 72% cacao along with full-bodied flavor. You can find this in stores and online for purchase.
- Godiva Dark Chocolate consists of 72% cocoa, rich Belgium dark chocolate and is available in 90-gram bars.
- It is very smooth and lives an excellent aftertaste which lingers for some time after eating.
- Also, it has an earthy aroma and a roast that is smoky and has a nutty scent.
- The velvety smooth texture and full-bodied taste make this chocolate as one of the best dark chocolates which you can taste.
11. Toblerone Dark Chocolate with with Honey and Almond Nougat Flavor 360 Grams:/strong>
The Swiss chocolate brand Toblerone manufactures its chocolates in a unique triangular shape. And this comes with honey and almond nougat flavor with a quantity of 360 grams. This chocolate has the following key features.
- Toblerone Dark Chocolate contains wholesome milk fat, honey, almonds, egg whites, and cocoa.
- The chocolate has a silky-smooth texture and you get the taste of honey concentrate and crispy almonds along with the powerful dark chocolate.
- This chocolate has a good balance of sweetness and bitterness.
- It contains 15 grams of sugar in a pack of 33 grams, considered as high especially for diabetic patients. Dark chocolate connoisseurs can find it sweeter due to this reason.
12. Mason & Co. Dark Artisanal Chocolate Bar with 70% Black Sesame & Raisin 60g Bars Pack of 2:
This chocolate comes with a quantity of 60-gram fruit and nut combination bars. And it consists of 70% raisin and black sesame artisanal dark chocolate. And this is perfect for the nostalgic chocolate lovers who are looking to try different dark chocolates.
- Mason & Co Dark Chocolate contains organic whole cacao beans, cacao butter, cane sugar, black sesame, and raisins.
- This is an Organic and Vegan dark chocolate. Also, this is a soy-free and gluten-free chocolate bar.
- Mason & Co sprinkled tart raisins on smooth dark chocolate and fused with nutty black sesame for a texture-rich & delicious bar.
- A serving of 100 grams consists of 533.1 kilocalories, 27.1 grams sugar, 51.8 grams carbohydrates, and 32 grams fat.
Finally, you have successfully reviewed the list of Best Dark Chocolates in India. So, it should be easy for you to determine which Dark Chocolate in India will meet your requirements.
Go through the features of the most popular dark chocolates online before purchase. Above all options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the dark chocolate along with valuable benefits.