Dark chocolate is very popular among chocolate lovers. It has a higher content of pure cocoa and leaves a better aftertaste and a smoother texture. Dark Chocolates are also known to have many health benefits. It can boost your happiness hormone by enhancing the secretion of serotonin which is a neurotransmitter that makes you happy. Dark Chocolates also improves brain functioning and keeps the cholesterol levels down. Dark chocolates keep your heart healthy and eating it 4-5 times weekly reduces the risks of developing cardiovascular diseases by 57%. It is also good for your skin, for relieving stress, and keeping your skin glowing and healthier. There are many good brands of dark chocolates in India which can make buying them difficult. Some of the best brands of dark chocolates available in the Indian market, which you can buy are discussed below:
1. Hershey Special Dark Chocolate
Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate comes in 120 grams bar. It consists of nearly 48% cocoa. The key features of this dark chocolate are as follows:
- The dark chocolate is rich in taste, smooth, and a mild sweet taste.
- It is loaded with the goodness of flavonoids and anti-oxidants which can help you be healthy.
- Serving size of 41 grams of this chocolate contains 190 kcal, 21mg of caffeine, and 134 mg of flavonoids
- The chocolate can be bought from offline stores and online also. The cost of 120 grams of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate is Rs 499.
2. Lindt Excellence 99% Cocoa
The Lindt Excellence 99% is a very high-quality dark chocolate with an intense flavor and the following features:
- As the name suggests, this dark chocolate contains 99% cocoa and is the closest to eating pure unsweetened chocolate and reminds you of the strength and richness of taste of pure cocoa beans.
- It has a strong and pungent flavor and a strong bitterness hits the palate almost immediately.
- The aftertaste of the chocolate lasts for a long time
- One serving-50-gram bar- contains 270 calories, 25 grams fat, 4 grams carbohydrate, and 7 grams protein.
- One bar of this chocolate is available online for Rs 380.
Brookside dark center filled chocolates come in three flavors-pomegranate, blueberry and acai, and raspberry and goji.
- Each of the three flavors has a distinct taste of fruit center.
- The outer chocolate shell comprises of only 30% chocolate which does not provide the bitter aftertaste like other dark chocolates.
- The core of the shell is flavored jelly which is fine if you like fruity flavors with your chocolate. Though it is novel chocolate, it may not appeal to everyone.
- 100 grams pack of each of the flavors come in a combo pack priced at Rs 378
4. Cadbury Bournville
The Cadbury Bournville dark chocolate comes in three flavors-classic rich cocoa, cranberry, and raisin & nuts.
- It has 50% cocoa content and the taste is a good blend of sweet and dark.
- Bournville has a rich smooth texture and is very smooth on the palate.
- It leaves a good aftertaste which is quite pungent and strong.
- The sugar content in this chocolate is high at 47 grams per 100 grams of chocolate which can be problematic for some consumers
- A 31 gram Cadbury Bournville dark chocolate costs Rs 35
5. Bogatchi 99% Dark Chocolate
Bogatchi manufactures different types of dark chocolates. Their 99% dark chocolate is very popular.
- It consists of 99% pure cocoa and has an unsweetened, gluten-free, and creamy taste.
- It is made using 100% pure cocoa sourced from Africa.
- High cocoa content of this chocolate is full of anti-oxidants and helps in improving blood circulation and overcomes sleep-inducing chemical in the brain.
- It does not contain any preservatives or sugar and you can look forward to enjoying pure and unadulterated cocoa.
- The 80-gram chocolate bar is available for Rs 369.
6. Gone Mad Dark Choco Sticks
The Gone Mad Choco Sticks is a unique dark chocolate offering where the dark chocolate is coated over wafer sticks.
- The dark chocolate coating over the wafer sticks is thick which provides it a crunchy yet smooth texture.
- The Choco sticks just melt in your mouth and leaves a lingering aftertaste which wants you to have more of it.
- The chocolate is 100% vegetarian and a pack of 10 is available for Rs 450, which is excellent value for money for dark chocolate wafer sticks.
7. Nestle Alpino 71% Dark Chocolate
Nestle Alpino 71% Dark Chocolate comes in bars sized 90 grams. It has 71% pure cocoa and comes with the following features:
- The taste is heavenly which invites indulgence and a lengthy aftertaste after you have finished eating it.
- It has a smooth texture with the richness of cocoa and goodness of dark chocolate.
- The balance between bitterness and sweetness achieved exceptionally, lending it a great taste.
- It contains sugar, cocoa solids (64%), cocoa butter (7%), and emulsifiers. A serving of 100 grams consists of 353 calories, 19.1 grams sugar, 20.9 grams carbohydrates, and 26.9 grams fat.
- Pack of three 90 grams chocolate bars is available for Rs 360, which is very competitive pricing considering the quality of this chocolate.
8. Rage Dark Almond Chocolate
Rage is a Bangalore-based chocolatier which manufactures a wide range of chocolates. Their dark almond chocolates are very popular.
- The chocolate packs a unique blend of smooth dark chocolate and crunchy almonds which appeal to your taste buds.
- It is made from sugar, vegetable fats, skim milk powder, cocoa powder, cocoa solids, roasted almonds, and butterscotch.
- Each chocolate comes with a different message which makes it suitable for specific occasions and events.
- A pack of 90-grams of this chocolate bar costs Rs 300.
9. Amul Dark Chocolate
Amul is a popular Indian brand in the list which makes delectable dark chocolates. The highlights of Amul dark chocolate are as follows:
- The chocolate has 55% pure cocoa which provides it a rich and smooth texture.
- This dark chocolate melts in your mouth while tasting and gives a creamy and buttery taste.
- The finest particle size is 20 microns which are achieved using state-of-the-art refiner and it gives an excellent mouthfeel.
- The chocolate is available in a 150-gram sized bar which contains 561 calories and 33 grams of fat. It is priced at Rs 380 for a pack of 4 150-gram bars.
10. Godiva 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate
Godiva is one of the most popular chocolate brands globally. The Godiva 72% cacao dark chocolate can be found in stores and online for purchase.
- The chocolate consists of 72% pure cocoa and is available in 90-gram bars.
- The chocolate is very smooth and lives an excellent aftertaste which lingers for some time after eating.
- It has an earthy aroma and a roast that is smoky and has a nutty scent.
- The velvety smooth texture and full-bodied taste make the Godiva 72% cacao dark chocolate one of the best dark chocolates which you can taste.
- A 90-gram chocolate bar costs Rs 619.
11. Toblerone Dark Chocolate
The Swiss chocolate brand Toblerone manufactures its chocolates in a unique triangular shape. The following are the key features of this chocolate:
- It contains wholesome milk fat, honey, almonds, egg whites, and cocoa.
- The chocolate has a silky-smooth texture and you get the taste of honey concentrate and crispy almonds along with the powerful dark chocolate.
- This chocolate has a good balance of sweetness and bitterness.
- It contains 15 grams of sugar in a pack of 33 grams, considered as high especially for diabetic patients. Dark chocolate connoisseurs can find it sweeter due to this reason.
- Pack of two 100-grams Toblerone dark chocolate costs Rs 320.
12. Mason & Co Intense Dark chocolate:
13. ASAP Almond and Dark Chocolate Granola Bars:
14. Chocoville Compound Chocolate: