The cycle air pump is one of the most important tools for anyone who owns a bike. Tyres need air so they can rotate seamlessly. If you are a bicycle lover and enjoy riding your bike around town, you must have been in a situation when you have had to pump the tyres. In case you need a pump for a bike or a car, and you are not sure which one to buy, we have provided some useful information in this article that can help you make an informed decision. Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Tubeless Tyre Puncture repair kits, car puncture repair kits, Bicycle Puncture repair Kits, Tyre Inflators, Vaccum Pumps, Bike Tyres, Michelin Tyres, Ceat Tyres, MRF Tyres & Tubeless Tyres in India.
Top 10 Best Cycle Air Pumps Online in India
Buyers Guide – Cycle Air Pump
There are many types of cycle pumps in the market, and they are all different based on their size, weight, purpose, price, or brand.
A cycle pump can be used to pump in the air in objects besides a bike or a car tyre, so you should not buy a shock pump.
If you need to buy a air pump, here are some things you should consider:
- Your needs are the first thing you should consider.
- So, if you are a person who wants to maintain a bike on your own, then you should buy a track pump that is also known as a stand or floor pump.
- When you want to buy a pump just for emergencies like when the professional tyre repairer is inaccessible, then the hand pump is the right choice for you.
- But, if you maintain your bike on your own, then you shouldn’t choose a hand pump as the pump for regular usage.
- When it comes to the price, it depends on the brand and the materials that the pump is made out of. In general, metallic pumps will be more expensive.
- But, if you want to invest in one, then you can be sure that it will last very long.
Features of a Cycle Air Pump
The cycle pump is a necessary tool to have in the garage because it can be used for other things besides car or bike tyres.
Just consider below features while choosing a cycle air pump
- Depending on the manufacturer, you can find many different pumps in the market.
- Every pump essentially has the same role, and that is to pump air into the object that works only if there is air in it.
- The pumps differ in terms of designs, materials they are made of, size, weight, and the way of using them.
- In basic terms, each pump has the part where you hold it while pumping, the tube that air goes through, and the top of the tube has a specific shape that can be connected with the object you are about to pump.
- Some pumps use an electrical power source, while the common ones work manually by pumping with your hands or even feet.
Types of Cycle Air Pumps
There are several types of cycle pumps in the market including, electric pumps, foot pumps, hand pumps, stand pumps, or shock pumps.
- A shock pump is a special type of cycle pump that is used to pump only mountain bike tires.
- The stand pump is the one that the user should position on the ground, and use the handles to pump the air into the tire. The hand pump is one you hold in your hands while pumping.
- This type of pump can contain a tube to connect with the object, or it can have a hole with a rubber washer which fits the hole on the object.
- The foot pump is one that generates relatively low pressure, which makes it a perfect tool to pump the tires on certain types of mountain bikes.
How to use a Cycle Air Pump?
The principle of how a pump works is almost similar in all the pump types. The only difference between the pumps is in their power source.
Electrical pumps use electricity as the power source, whereas other pumps are manual and use physical power to compress the air and push it onto the object.
- The air pump’s role is to pump in the air into objects that need air to function properly.
- To be precise, the cycle pump’s function is to compress the air.
- Once the air is compressed, it will be pushed through the tube and get transferred into the object that you are pumping.
- The procedure of pumping is quite simple, and all the varieties of pumps work on the same principle.
- On some pumps, there is a gauge that tracks and shows the air pressure in the tyre you are pumping into.
List of Top 10 Cycle Air Pumps in India- Buyers Guide
1. Intex – 68612E Hand Air Pump
This cycle air pump comes in black color and is made out of plastic. It is suitable for pumping objects such as air mattresses and toys. It works on mechanic pumping and is quite efficient.
- Intex Pump is lightweight so you can take it with you anywhere
- The product is often on discount
- It is not made out of high-quality materials
2. Raj Olympus High-Pressure Air Pump for Car, Bike, Cycle & Inflatable Furniture Toys
This is a very practical pump that one can use to fill air into a bike and car tyres, balls, toys, and inflatable furniture. It is made out of quality material and works very well.
- Raj Olympus Cycle Air Pump package includes pieces like needles to pump balls of all kinds and the pieces for pumping tyres
- The item is a bit expensive
3. Airmaker Foot Air Pump with Steel Chrome Plated Body SB001 for Car or Motorbike or Bicycle
This is a cycle air foot pump made out of chrome steel which makes it a high-quality product. It is suitable for car tyres, bike, and motorcycle tyres as well.
- Airmaker Cycle Air Pump is very easy to use
- It includes a device that measures the pressure
- Slightly expensive
4. Amardeep Cycle Steel Air Pump for Bicycle
This is a multipurpose air pump suitable to use when you are about to pump air into mattresses, balls, toys, or bicycle tyres. The pump is blue.
- Amardeep Cycle Air Pump is easy to use
- Quality issues
5. Intex Double Quick Hand Cycle Pumps For Inflatables
This pump comes in black colour and is 11.5 inches in size. The pump is also suitable for inflatable furniture, toys, balls and it quite lightweight.
- Intex Double Cycle Air Pump is very easy to use
- The package includes 3 different nozzles
- The pump is made out of plastics, which makes it easy to break
6. Raj Airkraft High-Pressure Pump for Cars, Bike, Motorcycle, Ball, Inflatable Furniture & Toys
This is suitable to inflate the tyres of other items too like bikes, cars, or motorcycles, as well as balls, toys, and air mattresses. The pump is made out of high-quality materials and will last a very long time.
- Raj Airkraft Cycle Air Pump includes the long hose that allows 360 degrees rotation and makes using even easier
- Package includes different nozzles
- Only negative about this item is that it is very expensive, but you can get lucky and buy it on a discount
7. Raj Airkraft CHROME 300 PSI High-Pressure Air Pump For Car, Bike & Toys
Here is a pump that is suitable for bike, car, or motorcycle tires, as well as balls and toys of all kinds, and air mattresses. The pump is made out of high-quality materials and will last for a very long time.
- Raj CHROME Cycle Air Pump package includes different nozzles
- The item includes the long hose that allows 360 degrees rotation that makes it easier to use
- Expensive, but you can get lucky and buy it on a discount
8. Strauss Bicycle & Cycle Air Pump
This comes in black colour and looks very nice. It is lightweight and small because it is a hand pump. The package includes three different nozzles.
- Strauss Cycle Air Pump is quite affordable
- Multifunctional item
- Customers complain the item is not made out of quality materials
9. Shedy AirPump for Car or Motor Bike
This is a classic pump type that is suitable to pump bike tyres, toys, balls, inflatable furniture, and air mattresses.
- Shedy Cycle Air Pump is a fordable product
- The pump is very poor quality
10. DeoDap High-Pressure Deluxe Strong Steel Cycle Air Pumps for Car, Ball, Bicycle & Motorcycle
This is a high-quality pump that looks very nice too. It is suitable to pump the bike tyres, motorcycle tires, and balls.
- High-Pressure Cycle Air Pump is quite easy to use
- It is very lightweight, so you can carry it with you while riding a bike
- The item is a bit expensive
As you can see, we have gathered some important information about cycle air pumps – how do they work, the varieties available in the market, and how to choose the right one.
It is essential for everyone who rides a bike, motorcycle, or has any other item that needs air to function properly. If you want a good quality pump that will last longer, you have to pay a bit more.
1. What is a cycle air pump?
A cycle air pump is a tool that one uses to pump the air into the tyres of bikes, cars, or any other item that needs air to work properly.
2. How many types of air pumps are available?
There are many types of cycle air pumps available in the market. These include a foot pump, electrical pump, hand pump, stand/track/foot pump, and mini pump.
3. Which air pump is best for a cycle?
It depends on your needs and what type of bike you have. But almost everyone who has a bike chooses the floor pump.