Custard powder is a powdered ingredient that you can use to make desserts such as custards. It contains ingredients such as cornflour, egg yolk, and sugar in powdered form. When you mix it with milk, the milk thickens and you obtain a yellow, creamy custard. It has a sweet taste and therefore is perfect for making desserts, especially custard. Apart from making custards, it has many other uses. You can use them as topping on many other desserts such as cakes, puddings, fruit salad, etc Also check the buyer’s guide for the best Icecream machines, Vanilla Essence, cocoa powders, coconut powders, Dark chocolates, Milk Powders, Cashew Nuts, Badam, Kishmish, Black Raisins, Pista, peanut butter, whipping creams online in India.
Top 10 Best Custard Powders in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Custard Powder
- Custard powder has a texture similar to cornflour.
- It is in powder form and uses cornstarch as its base.
- It has a savory and sweet taste.
- Moreover, it is easier to digest and that is why people prefer it over eggs.
- In addition, it contains proteins and fats and provides instant energy to the body.
- It also contains cholesterol and is a good source of carbohydrates.
Types of Custard Powders
Many types of custard available are available.
- Vanilla flavor custard powder is the most popular flavor powder and is considered the trademark flavor of custards.
- Many other flavors are also available including mango, banana, chocolate, toffee, and many more.
- More exotic varieties such as rose and cardamom are available only in some parts of the world.
- Some types of custard powder contain extra flavors, sweeteners, thickeners, etc.
How to use Custard Powder?
- You can use custard powder on puddings, cakes etc.
- Firstly, take a bowl of milk and add custard powder to it.
- Mix it well and keep the milk on high flame.
- When the milk starts to boil, add three spoons of sugar.
- Next, take the milk away from the stove and add whipping cream to the remaining sugar.
- Combine a part of whipping cream into the milk and stir well.
Buyer’s guide for Custard Powder
There are various brands and types of custard powder available in the market.
- When choosing which one to buy, you must first decide the flavor of the custard you want to make and then buy custard powder accordingly.
- You should check the packaging details which include expiry dates, nutritional value, etc.
- You can also try to compare the prices of different brands and choose your custard powder accordingly.
List of Top 10 Best Custard Powders in India-Buyers Guide
1. Triple star custard powder
This is available in kaiser pista flavor and comes in boxes of 500 grams. It has good taste and is especially suitable for vegetarians
- It contains citric acid which preserves processed foods and gives them a long life
- You can blend it with milk and sugar and pour it on ice creams, cakes etc
- It is Suitable for vegetarians
- It might have too much food colour which some customers find disturbing
- Some customers complain it has a very bad odour
2. Puramio custard powder
It comes in a pack of 4 and has a variety of flavors available including vanilla, strawberry, mango, and butterscotch
- It is very quick and easy to make
- It gives a very rich and creamy texture to the custard
- You can use them to make a variety of other custards such as frozen, baked, stirred etc.
- The packs are of only 100 grams each
- It is relatively expensive as compared to other products.
3. Five-star custard powder
It is a mixed combo of strawberry, pista, mango, and butterscotch. It comes in paper packaging and contains 100 grams of powder
- The flavours are very creamy and tasty
- It is easy to cook. You just have to add milk and sugar
- It contains no eggs and is 100% vegetarian
- Some people may find the flavour to be very less
- You must store it in a dry and cool place
4. Foster Clarks custard powder
This custard powder comes in a round aluminium cylinder and has a net quantity of 300 grams.
- It has a creamy, fragrant and amazing texture
- Doesn’t need to be stored properly as the aluminium cylinder box is good enough
- It has a high quality as it is imported so quality is guaranteed
- It is very expensive since it has good packaging and it has been imported
- It comes in large quantity which might not be suitable if someone doesn’t like the product
5. Pmw custard powders
This custard powder can be used for cakes, pies and cream. It is available in 500 grams and has a grade A quality
- You can use it for a variety of other dishes such as ice creams, cakes
- It has good colour and is very subtle
- It has a thick and creamy texture
- It is sugarless and unsweetened so you have to add these yourself
- Some customers say that it lacks flavour
6. Naturewide botanicals custard powders
This custard powder comes in vanilla flavour and is available in packs of 500 grams. It is a vegetarian product
- It is easy to make as the instructions are already imprinted on the packaging
- The quality is good and satisfactory
- It is affordable and not too expensive
- You must store it in a cool and dry place
- The ingredients used to make the powder are not mentioned on the packaging
7. Kool custard powders
This comes in golden vanilla flavour. It has paper packaging and helps to prepare a creamy custard almost instantly
- It has a high nutritional value as compared to other products
- This is a 100% vegan product
- It gives a very rich and creamy texture
- Since the packaging is delicate, storing it in a dry place is important
- It is non-returnable
8. Indiana custard powders
This mega-size custard powder comes in packets of 1 kg. It is perfect to prepare a yummy custard and is suitable for vegetarians.
- It has a very strong flavour
- This has a good packaging
- It gives a thick and creamy texture
- It is quite expensive
- It can be a nuisance if you don’t like it is taste and it comes in a large quantity
9. Urban platter custard powders
This is a European style custard powder and comes in a glass bottle of 200 grams. The powder is of yellow colour and vanilla flavour
- It is very easy to use
- The custard can be prepared very quickly using this powder
- It is affordable and not too expensive
- Some ingredients might be altered at the time of delivery
- Since it is made of glass, it can easily break
10. Urban seeds custard powders
Unlike many powders, this custard powder comes in a raspberry flavor. It is eggless and comes in packets of 1 kg
- It can be used for a variety of other dishes such as ice creams, cakes, milkshake
- It contains no artificial flavors, colour, and preservatives
- Easy to make and clear instructions
- It is recommended you do not use a wet spoon to take out the powder
- It has to be stored in an airtight container away from sunlight and moisture
Custard powders are great substitutes for eggs and creams and are ideal to prepare custards quickly. Different varieties of custard powders are available. You will find this article helpful in getting to know more about custard powders.
What is in custard powder?
Custard powder is a combination of egg yolk, milk and sugar
What is custard cream powder?
It is a powdered ingredient for custards and a substitute for eggs and cream
What is the price of custard powder?
It varies between Rs 200-1000