The eyes are the windows to the soul, so they say, this just shows the importance of windows in one’s home. Just like eyelashes drape over our eyes, curtains drape over windows. The functionality of curtains needs an essential component called curtain pipes. In Springfield, Massachusetts Samuel Raymond Scottron patented the curtain rod, dated 1892. Bathtubs and showers also normally have curtain pipes to provide a little more privacy.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Window Curtains, Door Curtains, Venetian Blinds, Roller blinds, window blinds, Door Curtains, roller blinds, blinds Curtains, Thoranam Hangings, Wall Hangings & Net and Transparent Curtains in India.
Top 10 Best Curtain Pipes in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Curtain Pipe
- Starting off, wood, stainless steel, and plastic are the common sources used for building curtain pipes.
- They can be adjustable or fitted depending on the type.
- They are also decorated with brackets and finials.
- Brackets are the decorations attached in a curve to the wall and finials are an adornment on the end of the curtain rod.
- Moreover, the pipes can be conjoined to form intricate shapes fitting the custom design needed.
- We can also add curtain rings, hooks, and even clips to the curtain rods for more functionality.
Types of Curtain Pipes
- The most common and conventional type of curtain pipe is one with varying diameters and lengths made out of metal, wood, or plastic.
- One can also have the option of adding decorative pieces of the best hanging points for the curtains they’ve chosen.
- Apart from that, another type of curtain rod is the traverse rod.
- These beautiful pieces allow you to open the curtains one way or two-way depending on how much you want to rotate them.
- This essentially provides you with larger coverage and leaves you with the creativity to change it up.
- In addition, we have telescoping curtain pipes that allow you to change the length of the rod and give you the option of reusing them.
- These were patented by Charles W. Kirsch, also the inventor of the traverse rod.
- Lastly, the tension rod. These involve a spring mechanism that allows an easy installation and leaves the surface spotless.
Buyer’s Guide for Curtain Pipe
- Decide on the curtains you want first to make sure the height and width of the curtain pipes match the length and width of the curtains desired. The length of the curtains will differ by where you position the curtain pipes, so make sure to keep about 2 inches extra. The weight of the curtains will also affect the sturdiness of the curtain pipes.
- You should also measure the location where you want it placed and the surface material to decide if you’re okay with scratches or not.
- Decide on a budget and set a preference on the type and material of the curtain rod. Traverse rods are more expensive than conventional ones and one pipe is not enough for a bathtub.
- A good quality curtain pipe should last you a good two to three decades if taken care of properly or until whenever you want to spice everything up.
How to use Curtain Pipe?
- First of all, determine the height of the curtains from ground level and decide how high you want them from the ground.
- Align the measurements of the curtain rods the same way.
- In addition, choose between the wall above the window or the space in front of the window panels.
- Installing a conventional rod is easier outside the frame and a tension rod is better for the inside.
- After that, depending on whether or not you need to install screws or if the curtain rod is single or double, you need to mark the screw lines and level out the position on the walls.
- Last but not the least, attach the first end and add in the rings before attaching the other.
- Finish off with your decoration pieces if they are detachable.
List of Top 10 Best Curtain Pipes in India-Buyers Guide
1. AmazonBasics Adjustable Metal Curtain Rod
A bronze, sleek-looking conventional curtain pipe. Suitable for windows at home or office use.
- Comes with a huge length range.
- Is able to carry a large weight of drapes.
- The brackets are easy to install.
- You cannot remove the finials.
- You cannot add any hooks or rings which means the curtains have to be adjustable.
2. Deco Essential Extendable Curtain Rod
A chic, stylish curtain pipe that gives a royal feel to the space.
- Telescopic and can be adjusted to the length needed.
- Comes with an installation guide.
- The finials and brackets are detachable for easy installation.
- The plastic material is not sturdy enough for higher weights.
- It is not long-lasting.
3. FAPBADRI Expandable Curtain Tension Rod
A white tension rod with the spring mechanism.
- Has a very light mass.
- Is sold at a lower price compared to others.
- Is adjustable to the length needed.
- Is susceptible to rust.
- Not suitable for wet areas like the shower.
4. Story@Home Metal Curtain Tension Rod
A simple tension rod with a few color options to match the vibe.
- Easy installation with minimal effort.
- Scratch-free surfaces.
- Fits most spaces with a length range of 41” to 70”.
- Is only suitable for lightweight curtains.
- High price compared to its competitors.
5. Deco Window Telescopic Curtain Rod
A matte black rod adorned with finials at the end. Received high ratings by consumers.
- Sturdy and lightweight.
- Comes in two ranges for better adjustment.
- Is mounted to the wall for more security.
- The screws are longer than standard.
- The brackets’ shape makes it difficult to drill.
6. Invento 2pcs EN31 Steel Smooth Rod
A plain rod suitable for a low budget.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Can be installed easily with two hex screws.
- Small diameter for all types of curtains or hooks.
- The length of 3 meters isn’t adjustable.
- Susceptible to corrosion and rust.
7. Home Craft Stainless Steel Solid Curtain Rod
A neat and tidy nuance. Suitable for shower curtains.
- Long-lasting and sturdy
- Comes in a pack of 4 for foldability.
- Stainless steel with covered ends.
- Has heavyweight.
- Very shortcoming at the length of 1.2 meters.
8. VIBLITZ® Curtain Rods with Conversion Adapter
A convertible pack of 3 rods. Enables you to unleash your creativity.
- Can be screwed together to make one long pipe with a length of 9’.
- Lightweight and easy to install.
- A lower price compared to its alternatives.
- Not very sturdy.
- Is not able to last long because of the joints.
9. Infinite tech Stainless Steel Curtain Pipe Rod
A set of three chrome-finish rods.
- Can be adjusted to a longer length by joining the rods together.
- The ends are covered with a PVC cap.
- Durable and isn’t susceptible to rust.
- The package only comes with the rods, no other components.
- Very short at half a meter.
10. Herrlich Exclusive Stainless Steel Curtain Pipes
5’ rods that are suitable for many frames.
- Rust-proof with a chrome finish.
- Mounted securely for sturdiness.
- Available in different colors for a variety of options.
- Simple and plain design with no caps for the ends.
- Installation components are not provided.
In conclusion, curtain pipes are essential during interior design and an easy way to add some spark to your area. We wish all of you happy buying and hope this article has helped you choose the best option for you.
Which rod is good for curtains?
A sturdy pipe with detachable finials if any and an easy installation.
What is a curtain pole called?
We can call it a curtain rail, a curtain rod a curtain pipe, and obviously a curtain pole.
How much do curtain rods cost?
On average, good quality curtain rods come between a budget of 800₹ to 1600₹.