Did you know that cupboards originate in the Middle Ages as storage for cups? Not only was it storage for cups, but also a display for plates. Over the years the cupboard has been in use in kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, and study rooms. Designers also have different designs of cupboards to fit the different rooms. Apart from storing products, cupboards have an aesthetic property. They bring elegance and lift the face of a room.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best 4 Door Wardrobes, Wall shelves, Wooden partitions, Bookshelves, Almirah, Sliding wardrobes, Slotted Angle Racks, Wooden Beds, Sofa cum Beds, Bunk Beds, Toddler Beds, Folding Beds, Teapoy, coffee tables, 6 seater dining tables, Round dining Tables, Dining Chairs, Steel dining tables, 2 seater sofa, 3 seater sofa sets, 5-seater sofa sets, sofa chairs, Teak wood beds, Teak wood furniture, Teak wood sofa sets, Evok furniture, Crockery unit, Folding chairs, Ekbote Furniture, Bar cabinet for Home, Bar stools, Plastic chairs, office tables & office chairs in India.
Top 10 Best Cupboards in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Cupboard
The quality of construction
There are many carpenters with different expertise. The quality of the construction of a cupboard is important. The boards should be well built.
The style of the furniture
A buyer looks for a piece of storage furniture that is compatible with their space.
Functionality is another feature
The design of the cupboards should meet the demands of a buyer. If it is a bedroom dresser, it should have a partition for hanging clothes.
The durability of the product
Any buyer looks for a piece of furniture that will serve its purpose for a long period.
Types of Cupboards
- Kitchen Cupboards: They are for storing and displaying utensils and other kitchen items. The design of the cupboards is often traditional or modern. They add beauty to a kitchen, especially an open one.
- Bedroom Cupboards: These often have a mirror and a sliding door. They are designed to store clothes and valuables such as pieces of jewelry.
- Study Cupboards: Study cupboards have partitions for storing books and other literature items. They have many shelves and can be free-standing or mounted.
- Living room cupboards: They are often used to display utensils and decor pieces. Nowadays, they are modern and add beauty to a home.
How To Use Cupboard?
- Since cupboards are for storage purposes, here is a step-by-step process of organizing them.
- Firstly, clean the shelves or drawers with a clean dry cloth. In the kitchen, put like items together, starting with the heavy ones. Those go on the bottom shelves then the light items on the top ones.
- For clothes, fold them and organize them as required, and hang up the ones that hang. Just like utensils, clothes are stored on the same shelf. You can also arrange them according to color.
- For books, choose the form of arranging, They can stand straight, slanting, or in a horizontal manner.
Buying Guide for Cupboard
Before you buy any cupboard, you need to consider these:
- Your home style and appearance of the furniture-The cupboard should fit your style and add beauty to your home.
- Is the construction detail-Is the cupboard assembled or not? Does it come with screws or nails?
- The type of wood-A hardwood cupboard guarantees its durability and quality.
- The budget and storage space-You should buy a cupboard that meets your need and budget. Buy a quality one that is affordable to you. Still, consider the storage space. There bigger the space the better.
List of Top 10 Best Cupboards in India-Buyers Guide
1. Hometown Albert Engineered Wood Office Storage Cabinet
It is 385D x 415W x 980H mm. It has magnetic locks with soft door handles.
- The cabinet has laminated panels to increase durability.
- It can be used as a shoe rack or office storage furniture.
- This brand offers assembly services to clients.
- Some customers complain that the quality is poor.
- Others say the cabinet gives no value to money. It is affordable but the quality is poor.
2. Space Wood Texas 2-Door Wardrobe
These second wardrobes come with a 36-month warranty. The wardrobe measures 17.7D x 35.4W x 71.3H centimeters.
- The wardrobe has plenty of space for organizing clothes.
- The brand offers assembling services after two days of delivery.
- The wardrobe is scratch-proof and water resistant.
- It is heavy and difficult to move around.
- Some customers complain of faulty items.
3. Amazon Brand-Solimo Vega Engineered Wood Wardrobe
This third wardrobe comes with a mirror and drawers. It measures 25.4D X 61W X 152.4H cm.
- This wardrobe is simple and timeless. It can fit in any home style.
- It comes with a 3 years warranty on manufacturing defects.
- The wardrobe is scratch-proof.
- Some customers complain that assembling the wardrobe is hard.
- Others complain about how difficult it is to move the wardrobe.
4. Amazon Brand-Solimo Medusa Engineered Wood Wardrobe
This Amazon brand wardrobe has four doors with a drawer and a mirror. The drawer has a lock mechanism.
- There is ample space for organizing clothes.
- It has a lock mechanism that keeps valuables safe.
- The quality of this wardrobe is high which makes it durable.
- Some customers complain the quality is not that good for that price.
- This brand offers to assemble services for clients.
5. Nora Furnitures Cospian Wood Wardrobe
This wardrobe has three doors and comes pre-assembled. This brand offers a one-year warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- This wardrobe is big providing ample storage space.
- The doors have metal knobs and a mirror. This makes it a nice dresser.
- The wardrobe comes pre-assembled.
- Most customers complain of poor customer service. There are no receipts or bills.
- The wardrobes come in a smaller size.
6. Woodstage Sheesham Wood Chest
This chest of storage comes with one cabinet and a drawer. It is suitable for a living room.
- This piece is pre-assembled and easy to move around.
- It has high-quality and long-lasting.
- It adds beauty to the living room.
- It is not made of wood all through and has a poor finishing.
- The brand does not offer any warranty.
7. TG Furniture Jali Dual Storage Sheesham Wardrobe
TG wardrobes have a set of three doors with no drawers. It measures 91cm in depth by 56cm in width and 183cm in height.
- The brand offers a one-year warranty.
- There are assembling instructions in the package.
- You can use it in many places.
- The wardrobe does not have a lock mechanism.
- Some customers have a foul smell.
8. Ebansal Wooden Wardrobe For Bedroom
Ebansal wardrobe has two doors and has many uses. It measures 36inches in length by 22inches in width and 70 inches in height.
- It has a big storage space.
- It is great for a DIY project.
- The package comes with DIY tools.
- The wardrobe has no locking mechanism.
- Some of the clients say the quality is poor.
9. Trevi Ozone Engineered Wood
This is a three-door with no drawers storage unit. The brand offers a 12-month warranty on manufacturing defects.
- It is environmentally friendly. It is made of recyclable wood.
- The doors have a durable metal lock.
- This wardrobe has movable shelves.
- It has no drawers for storing valuables.
- Some clients complain of a broken mirror.
10. Wooden Cupboard By K.K
This last cupboard from K.K is versatile and has multiple shelves. It measures 40.6L by 76.2W by 170.2H in inches.
- It offers a large space for storing clothes.
- The drawers have a lock that suits storing of valuables.
- The drawer has high-quality and durable.
- The product delivered is not as in the product description.
- There is insufficient space for hanging clothes.
A cupboard is useful in a house for storing things. For this reason, it should be high-quality and long-lasting. Before buying a cupboard consider its use, price, quality of wood, and storage space. I hope you find this review helpful. Happy cupboard shopping.
Why is it called a cupboard?
It was originally made to store cups and display utensils.
Which is the best cupboard?
One that fits your home style, and budget and can serve its purpose.
What is the cost of the cupboard?
The cupboard price is 1800 Rupees per square foot in India. The cost can also increase if the cupboard is not assembled.