Anyone in the world who likes Indian dishes knows the flavor of cumin. Cumin powder or Jeera powder is a household ingredient in the Indian kitchen. In almost all Indian dishes, cumin is used to enhance the flavor of the food. Cumin has a distinct taste that is warm and sweet. In addition, cumin adds a nutty flavor to the food and makes a unique combination with chili flakes. This combination creates a spicy flavor with a neutral earthy tone. Also, cumin gives a soothing and refreshing aroma. Besides delicious taste and appetizing fragrance, cumin provides various health benefits.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, ginger powder, cardamom powder, Elaichi, Black Peppercorns, White Peppercorns, LongPepper, Black pepper powder, White Pepper Powder, Cloves, mulethi powder, Dalchini Powder, Eliachi Powder, Cheese Powder online in India
Top 10 Best Cumin Powders in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Cumin Powder
- Almost all Indian dishes use cumin. Cumin is obtained by the seeds of a plant.
- The fruit of the plants is dried and then the seeds of the plant are used as an essential ingredient in the country’s cooking.
- The seeds can also be ground to make cumin powder.
- As a spice, cumin takes your food to the next level.
- At the same time, it boosts fragrance by adding earthy and warming notes.
- But, it does not mean that cumin only entertains the taste buds.
- Since the health benefits of cumin are also significant.
- Cumin plays a vital role in improving digestion and is also a rich source of iron.
- Studies have also shown that cumin can also control diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Cumin also helps in promoting the body’s immune system.
- Moreover, the nutrient-rich spice helps in weight loss by reducing the fat content of the body.
Types of Cumin Powder
Roasted Cumin Seeds
- The roasted cumin seeds are more fragrant and used in various Indian recipes.
- It adds a warm and calming smell to the food.
- Many people prefer roasted cumin seeds in curries because of their distinct aroma.
Ground Cumin Powder
- Jeera powder adds flavor to the food. It is widely used in Indian cuisine.
- It is used in curries, sauces, seasonings, stir-frying, and margination.
- Hence, name any dish of the Indian region, and you will find cumin in it.
Buyers Guide for Cumin Powder
- When buying cumin powder, the only considerable thing is quality.
- Also, look for the expiry dates of the packet.
- As older powders may have lost the characteristic fragrance of cumin.
- The worn-out powders also lack the unique, warm, and earthy taste of cumin.
- Therefore, make sure to buy fresh packs of Jeera powder.
- Also, check that the expiry date is at least a few months later.
How to Use Cumin Powder?
- Cumin powder is a key spice in Indian recipes.
- A little quantity of this amazing ingredient increases the taste of the food and also adds a soothing fragrance.
- It is an all-rounder spice that can be used in several dishes.
- Jeera powder is used in curries, sauces, salad dressings, marinades, and stir-frying.
- Keep the Jeera powder in a cool place.
- Make sure to keep the safe moisture-free.
- Do not use a wet spoon to take the powder out.
- As moisture and heat can degrade the powder making it less tasty and fragrant.
List of Top 10 Best Quality Cumin Powders in India-Buyers Guide
1. Spice Platter Cumin Powder
The spice platter provides high-quality, finely ground cumin powder. The product is roasted and thus enhances the fragrance of the food. It is suitable for use in almost all Indian recipes.
- Offer various health benefits
- Airtight packaging
- Clean and fresh
- Some may find it expensive
- Some people may think the taste is less intense
2. Sunrise Cumin Spice Powders
Sunrise extracts the cumin powder from high-quality cumin seeds. The seeds undergo proper cleaning, grading, grinding, and packaging. The powder is also suitable for vegetarians.
- Free from allergens and preservatives
- Tasty and healthy
- Easy to use
- A little expensive
- Not airtight packaging
3. Salz & Aroma Cumin Powders
The well-known brand Salz & Aroma offers cumin powder in a sprinkler. The bottle is easy to use, all you need is to take the bottle and sprinkle. Moreover, the brand puts focus on the hygiene of the product. Hence the products are free from any harmful chemicals.
- Offers numerous health benefits
- Rich in taste with a refreshing smell
- Hygienically collected and hand grind
- Not suitable for people who like unroasted powder
4. Arya Farm Cumin Seeds Powders
Arya fam cumin powder increases the taste of the food. Also, it is free from any preservatives or harmful chemicals.
- Organic and fresh cumin powder
- Offers health benefits
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Keep in an airtight jar
- Keep away from heat and moisture
5. Urban Cumin Seed Powders
Urban cumin seed powder is obtained by grinding the cumin seeds that have been roasted at a low flame. This specific powder has a unique fragrance and makes the food more appetizing.
- A small quantity is enough to increase the taste of the food
- Promotes digestion and hence helps in weight loss
- Free from preservatives and pesticides etc
- Expensive for a few people
- Plastic packaging is harmful to the environment
6. Refresh Organic Roasted Cumin Powders
The refresh organic cumin seed powder is taken from cumin seeds. The seeds are first roasted and then finely grind. Due to the roasting, the fragrance of cumin seed powder is highly increased from non-roasted cumin seed.
- Have a longer shelf life of 365 days
- Free from any harmful substances
- Brings a unique flavor to the food
- Place at a cool and dry place
- Place an airtight container
7. Pushp Brand Cumin Powders
Pushp is an affordable brand that provides high-quality products at a relatively lower price. However, the lower prices do not sacrifice the quality of the product. Thus, the cumin powder is rich in flavor and aroma.
- No artificial flavors or colors
- Good product with low price
- Enhances the flavor of Indian dishes
- Keep the product away from direct heat
- Store the product in an airtight jar
8. Pure Organio Cumin Powders
Pure Organio claims to extract their cumin seed powder from the best cumin seeds. In addition, the product is free from any artificial flavor, color, preservatives, and allergens. The brand provides organic cumin powder that is second to none in taste and aroma.
- Free from any artificial flavors
- Good for health
- Can be used in a variety of ways
- Keep away from direct sunlight
- Store in a dry place
9-JK Cumin Seed Powders
JK has been producing high-quality products for decades. The brand creates smooth, fragrant, and tasty spices. The JK cumin powder also elevates the taste of any food and offers many health benefits.
- Improves digestion
- Increases the taste of the food
- Free from GMOs and preservatives
- The JK cumin powder is not roasted
- Not available in a jar
10-Mykook Natural Cumin Powders
Mykook jeera powder retains the natural taste of cumin seeds. It is used in many different recipes of Indian culture. The high-quality spice elevates the taste of the food and also adds a warm aroma.
- Cumin helps in treating skin disorders
- Increases the taste of the food
- Free from artificial coloring and flavoring
- Plastics packaging
- Keep away from heat
The importance of cumin in Indian culture is no secret. Its medical importance is also clear as a day. Hence if you want to buy cumin powder, check the above list.
What is cumin powder?
Jeera powder is extracted from the seeds of cumin plants. It is rich in nutrients and is good for health. Moreover, it enhances the taste of the food and adds a fragrance to the dish.
What is cumin powder good for?
Jeera powder elevates the taste of the food but also provides major health goals. It helps in controlling diabetes and high blood pressure. Also, it improves digestion and helps in weight loss. Being rich in vitamin E, cumin helps to treat skin disorders.
Which is the best cumin powder?
Many brands produce a good quality jeera powder. Some of these are listed above.