Water pumps are machines that we use throughout various settings to boost the supply of water. They are ideal in many ways especially since they eliminate manual pumping of water. Water pumps mostly used to lift the water to higher levels or to discharge to a wide distance.
Top 10 Best Crompton Water Pumps in India
Features of Crompton Water Pumps
Below are the key features of water pumps:
- This lets you know how much water you can pump over a given period.
- This is the part that lets water out to a tank.
- This defines the amount of water that a submersible pump pumps at a given time.
Types of Crompton Water Pumps
- These types of water pumps are great for handling water without chemical or abrasive materials.
- They have good water discharge and are ideal for domestic usage.
Pressure booster water pumps
- They work by adding extra pressure to water boosting the supply.
- The pressure is constant without any fail time and is great for residential areas.
Submersible water pumps
- With a high water flow rate, these types of water pumps are convenient for large areas and circulate more water.
Buyer’s Guide for Crompton Water Pump
When buying your first or next to water pump/pumps, consider the following ideas so you can buy the right pump for your needs.
- The inlet valve should be large enough to dispense a good amount of water freely.
- The maximum head of the water pump should be much higher than the ground you intend to use it on.
- Another thing to consider is the kind of water you intend to pump.
- There is a difference between home pumps and pumps used in firefighting stations.
- The pump quality should also be good and last a long while without requiring to be changed.
- There is also available Kirloskar water pump and submersible pumps for Aquarium & water coolers.
How to use a Crompton Water Pump?
- Inspect your water pump for any damage
- If your water pump is electrical, plug it in and don’t switch it on yet
- Connect the hose to the water source and the other end to the tank
- Switch the power on the socket and the water pump
- After you have filled the tank, switch the pump off first, and then the switch
- Store your water pump in a safe place
List of Top 10 Best Crompton Water Pumps in India- Buyers Guide
1. Crompton 1HP SP Mini Champ pump
This pump is priced at 3,545 Rupees and originates from India. It has a maximum head of 54 meters, has an aluminum body, and hence making it a good pump that weighs less.
- It has a thermal overload protector
- It’s lightweight
- Produces low noise
- Has thin washers so more likely to have leaks
- Some clients complained about the difficulty in installation
2. Crompton Greaves Mini Sapphire water pump
Retailing at 4,219 rupees, it weighs around 8kgs and has an optimum performance of up to 5 floors. Has 1Hp with copper wiring for extra protection.
- Noise emission is low
- Fills 1500liters in 20-30 minutes
- Thermal protector helps in saving service cost as it helps in regulating overheating
- Installation is a problem for most clients
- Spare parts are a problem to acquire
3. Crompton Mini Samudra i- 1HP pump
This Crompton water pump price Retailing at 4,450 Rupees, this pump boasts of 1Hp and is single phased, with an aluminum body that breaks the monotony of dull motor.
- The body is rust-free
- Has the option of getting fixed on the floor or wall
- It is colorful
- Requires regular servicing
4. Crompton 0.5 HP Pressure Pump
It has an iron body that weighs about 9kgs. It also has a maximum lighting height of 30m and a maximum flow rate of 3000 LpH. It’s ideally used for pressure boosting for general applications.
- Has automatic pressure kill switch which turns on or off as taps are turned either on or off
- Saves on power for its only used when water is running
- If working continuously it overheats
- The pressure can destroy taps and other fittings if they’re not properly fitted or are of poor quality
5. Crompton Self Priming Monoset Water Pump
It’s most ideal for both commercial and residential and boasts of a blue and black color. It has a power to suction water of at least 18m and has an inbuilt power of 8m suction lift and a 0.5 HP.
- Its small size makes it ideal for placement even in small spaces
- High power suction
- Has slight delays with self-priming
6. Crompton 1HP SP Mini Crest l pump
This Crompton pump has a head range of up to 34 meters and a discharge of about 2700 Liters. Also has a wide application from a flats water supply, gardening, lawn sprinklers, as a booster, etc.
- Doesn’t consume high power
- Wide range of application
- Discharges over 2000 liters of water
- Several purchasers stated that the blade fails to start
- It’s expensive
7. Crompton Aluminium Mini Sapphire water pump
It boasts an 1830 LPH flow rate with 0.5 HP fitted with a thermal overload protector and has a self-priming of up to 8m at sea level. It’s ideal for domestic use with the capability of filing a 1000 liter tank for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- It weighs less only at 7kg
- Fills a 1000 liter tank in only 30 minutes
- It requires someone with the knowledge to install
- Sometimes it requires manual starting
8. Crompton Greaves Pump
This pump runs about 3 to 4 bathrooms, additionally, it also runs Jaguar and multi Nozzle showerheads and units. Its main function is to increase the water pressure from domestic taps
- It’s fitted with a kill switch that turns it on/off when taps are opened or closed
- Water can pass through even when there’s no power
- Saves power since it automatically comes on or off only while in use
- The pressure kit is not from the same manufacturer, so if it breaks down you have to take it to the kit manufacturer and not the pump manufacturer.
- It’s expensive to install
9. Crompton 0.5 H.P Water Pump
This Crompton Water pump applies for water supply to bungalows, flats, clubs, etc. It is also used for gardening and lawn sprinklers. It has a discharge rate of 34 LPM with suction of 25×25 mm.
- It’s durable
- Very efficient
- The impeller is made from brass
- Low suction power
- Requires knowledge to install
10. Crompton 0.5HP SP Water Pump
It has dashing colors having 0.5 HP with a head of up to 27 meters. In addition, it has a stainless-steel shaft, brass impeller enclosed in a squirrel-like cage.
- Has a small size
- Has a plastic motor cover and blade
- Stainless steel
- It’s not submersible
After a wide search and review of the above water pumps, I have discovered that some of them are not pumps but boosters to increase the water pressure in our day to day water use mostly domestically when our running water requires that extra pressure for a more satisfying shower, car wash, washing and the likes.
For the pumps, Crompton has a wide variety that for sure has a wide range in terms of the depth and output or discharge. We have seen a shift from the norm when it comes to color, for they introduce multicolor motors that look more appealing and gives the pump house more life.
Which is the best Crompton water pump?
The best Crompton water pump is Crompton 0.5 H.P Self Priming Water Pump Mini Champ II
What is the price range of the Crompton water pump?
The price range of Crompton water pumps ranges between 3,000INR to 10,000INR.