The crochet needle serves the purpose of looping and interlocking yarns, in order to achieve crochet stitches. Thus in making items like beanies, bags, caps, and others using the crocheting method, this needle is essential. Armed with the needle and yarn (or thread), you are set to go in making various items via the crocheting method. If you are a hobbyist crocheting enthusiast, you will find the crochet needle helpful. And if you are a professional crocheting worker, you will find the needle indispensable.
Also, Check the Buyers Guide for the Best Needle Holders, Kasuti Embroidery, Embroidery Sarees, Phulkari embroidery, 7 sewing machines, Merritt Sewing Machines, Sewing Machine Tables, Electric Sewing Machines, Singer Sewing Machines, Usha Sewing Machines, Singer Sewing Machines, Inch Tapes, Sewing machine motors, Measuring Tapes, Dhoti Pants, Dhoti Kurta for Men, Dhoti, Dhoti salwar sets, Dhoti kurta for women, Lungi for men, Ramraj Dhoti, Ramraj Shirts, Track Pants, Track Pants for men, Tracksuits for Boys, Tracksuit for Men, Adidas Track Pants, Nike Track Pants, Track Pants for Women, tracksuits for Girls, Tracksuit for women, Jockey Track Pants, Puma Track Pants, Sports Jacket, night dress for girls, nightdress for women, nightsuits for women, cotton nighties, pushup bras, T-shirt bras, Bra & Panty sets in India.
Top 10 Best Crochet Needles in India
Features of Crochet Needle
- In a crochet needle, one of the most important features is the nominal diameter of the hook.
- Further, in a crochet needle, the shaft length is another important feature.
- This can determine what sort of yarn you can crochet using the needle. It can also have an impact on your crocheting efficiency.
- Another important feature of a crochet needle is the handle design.
- This determines how user-friendly and ergonomic the needle is, for ongoing usage.
Types of Crochet Needles
- There are crochet needles whose diameter is below 2 millimeters. We also refer to those as thread hooks.
- Then there are crochet needles whose diameter is above 2 millimeters. We also refer to these as yarn hooks.
- There is the aluminum crochet needle type. Then there is the stainless steel crochet needle type. We also have bamboo needles.
- There are crochet needles for beginners. Then there are crochet needles for intermediate users. We also have crochet needles for professional advanced users.
Buying Guide for Crochet Needle
- The most important consideration when buying a crochet needle is the specific type of crocheting work you normally perform.
- More specifically, you need to focus on the type of stitches you normally need to produce.
- Then only buy a needle that is best suited for that sort of work.
- Many crochet needles are sold in sets. Consider the number and type of needles in any set, before buying.
- Ensure that it is well suited for the crocheting work you normally do, and for your skill level. Also ensure that in the set, the crochet needle price per unit is reasonable.
How To Use Crochet Needle?
- The crochet needle has two uses. Firstly it serves the purpose of looping the yarn or thread you are working with. And secondly, it serves the purpose of interlocking that (now looped) thread or yarn.
- This interlocking of the loop or yarn is necessary, in order to create the crochet stitch.
- Holding onto the needle’s handle, you push the hook into the yarn or thread you are working with.
- Then you pull the thread in such a manner as to create a loop. Thereafter, you manipulate it so as to end up interlocking and creating a crochet stitch out of it.
List of Top 10 Best Crochet Needles in India-Buyers Guide
1. SYGA 51 Pieces Crochet Set and Yarn Sewing Tools
What you receive here is a box with various crocheting tools, including crochet needles. The needles mostly come with plastic handles.
- The needles have round sharp points, to facilitate smooth knitting
- This set has every tool you need for crocheting
- The price is low for the range of tools you get
- For those who only need crocheting needles, the other tools in this set can be superfluous
- Some of the hooks are so long that parts of them extend out of the provided box
2. Bulfyss Crochet Hooks (Knitting Needles) Set with Case
What you get here are some 22 needles. Hook diameters range from 2.2 mm to 6.5 mm.
- Each hook is of good enough length, at 15 cm
- The set comes in a beautiful faux leather case
- Also suitable for beginners
- This set has no needle below 2.2 mm
- Some may find the 22 needles too many for their immediate needs
3. Electomania Crochet Needle Set
This is a 22-item crochet needle set. Each needle is made of aluminum.
- The needles come with soft handles
- All the needles are ergonomically designed
- The number of needles in this set (8) is neither too many nor too few
- Some may find that too much of the various needles’ length is inside the handles
- The packaging for these needles is rather basic
4. Pindia Crochet Knitting Needles
The hook diameter ranges from 2 to 8 mm. The hook material is aluminium.
- The hooks are made from beautifully colored aluminum
- The price is low for a set of 12 needles
- These needles have a smooth finish, which makes it easy to follow stitching rhythms
- Some may find it a bit hard to read the respective needles’ size labeling
- At times, the color on the needles may eventually wear off
5. Okayji Crochet Needles for Sewing Craft
This is a pack of 12 needles. Their hook diameters range from 2 mm to 8 mm.
- Each needle has its size very clearly shown on the handle
- The price is quite low for this quality of needles
- The size range (from 2 mm to 8 mm) is broad enough
- The needles come packed in a plastic case
- Some may initially find the holding shafts a bit slippery
6. SHAFIRE Crochet Needles Suitable for Arthritic Hands
The set has 35 needles. The hook diameter range is from 2 mm to 7 mm.
- The needles are sturdy and don’t bend easily
- They have soft and easy-to-use handles
- Beautiful and suitable for use as gift items
- Some may find the needle points too blunt at first
- For certain users, the 35 needles in the set may appear as too many
7. Vardhman Multicolor Crochet Needles
Available as a pack of 12 needles. The material used in making them is hard anodized aluminium.
- The needles are designed to maintain an even tension
- Suitable for beginners and professionals alike
- The diameter range (from 2 to 8 mm) is wide enough
- Packaging is basic
- Some of the needles may feel slippery on the hands
8. Fancyku 20Pcs Crochet Hooks Knitting Needles Set
These are unique needles, made using bamboo. They come complete with a case for storing them.
- These are sturdy wooden hooks for knitting
- They are easy to organize on the provided case
- Available in a good range of hook diameters
- They may feel a little rough on the users’ hands initially
- The price for these hooks may appear a bit hefty
9. TREXEE Multicolor Crochet Needle’s Set for Sewing Craft
These are nicely designed anti-resistance needles. Made from hard anodized aluminium.
- The price for these needles is low
- All commonly used hook diameters are available in this set
- The needles have a smooth finish
- Reading the size labelling may prove tricky for those with poor eyesight
- Colour may tend to wear off slightly as time goes by
10. RKPM Bamboo Handle Crochet Needles
These are bamboo handle crochet needles. The hook diameter ranges from 3 mm to 10 mm.
- They have adequate length, each at 6 inches (15 cm)
- Each needle has its hook diameter clearly marked
- The price is quite low for 12 bamboo needles
- The bamboo needles may be prone to breaking if very roughly handled
- Some may initially find them to be a bit rough on the hands
To get good crocheting results, you need a proper crochet needle. This guide has the info necessary to ensure that you get your crochet needle shopping right.
What is best for crochet needle?
It needs to be of the right hook diameter, with a long and soft enough handle.
What is a crochet needle called?
Some also refer to it as a crochet hook.
What is the price of crochet needle?
Crochet needle prices may range from 250 to as much as 700 Indian rupees for a set of 12.