Cricket is one of the most popular sports in the world. People from all over the world compete and play this sport. And just like any other sport, cricket too has its own uniform, commonly known as cricket whites. The uniform may look simple to the eye, with its shirt and trousers, but there is more to this uniform that meets the eye. There are different types as well as important features and properties that make this uniform different from any normal shirt and trousers.
That’s why if you plan on playing the game, one thing that you’ve got do some learning on is the uniform. Different outfits are for different things and players sometimes will where different equipment. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Cricket Kits, Cricket Bats, Quality Cricket Net, Cricket Kookaburra balls, Cricket Balls, cricket bat and balls, Cricket Pads, Green Mats, Green Nets, Stumper Balls, Duffle bags, Sports Wear,Track Suits for Men, tracksuits for boys, tracksuits for girls, tracksuits for women, Sparx running shoes, Running shoes, Adidas Running Shoes, Puma Running Shoes, Sega Running Shoes, Reebok running shoes, Asics running shoes, Nike running shoes, Caps for Men, Trackpants for Men, Trackpants for women, Trackpants, Full sleeve Tshirts for men, Full sleeve T-shirt for Women, Nike Shoes, Lotto Shoes, Lee cooper shoes, Sparx shoes, Converse Shoes, wildcraft shoes, Quechua Shoes in India.
Top 10 Best Cricket Uniforms/Cricket Jerseys in India
Features of Cricket Uniform
- One important feature that most uniforms have is dealing with the sweat. Cricket players run a lot and sometimes in the scorching heat. For this reason, their uniforms need to be able to deal with their sweat, by absorbing it and having quick dry properties. The properties are different from brand to brand, but one thing is that they’re all similar in that they deal with sweat.
- Another important feature is being lightweight. No one wants to exercise and run around in heavy clothing. And this is especially important for cricketers, especially the batters. Their protective equipment is already quite heavy so making their clothes as light as possible helps them out a lot.
Types of Cricket Uniforms
- You do get different types of uniforms for cricket. They’re mostly based on the design of the cricket shirt. There are six designs in total.
- The first is the cricket polo. This uniform is the most popular and perfect for arm movement and moderate weather conditions. You do also get the long sleeve polo which provides great sweat absorption and is mostly for when weather conditions are unpredictable.
- The third type is a cricket tee. This one is more informal than the first two and is more for when teams play friendly matches. Again, there is a long sleeve version of the tee which is again for when weather conditions are unpredictable.
- The fifth type is a cricket tracksuit jacket. It’s best for sweat absorption and keeps the body cool while under a large amount of exercise. It’s normally worn after game matches as part of the after-game outfit.
- Lastly, you get cricket hoodies. These are very informal and are mostly for when players are having a practice day at the nets. It’s not typically used for matches.
Buyer’s Guide for Cricket Uniform
- First thing you’ve got to consider is size. Many brands make different sizes with some even only making for certain age groups. Another thing you’ve got to think about is the colour. Most brands will sell white cricket kits, so if your team has specific colours, it may be harder to find those.
- Another thing that you’ve got to look out for is who the kit is for. Some brands only make uniforms for fielders for example, so as a batter that won’t be the best option for you. You do get uniforms that are for all, but it’s best to first check who’s the uniform for specifically.
How to Use Cricket Uniform?
- Wearing this uniform is quite simple as you just need a shirt and pants. You’ll also need a pair of cricket shoes or good running shoes to complete the uniform. Depending on what you play during the game, you may need some extra clothing with your uniform.
- For example, batters will need leg pads that go over their pant as well as gloves and a helmet. Thigh guards and other protective equipment also go with the batter’s uniform, however they’re not necessary. This uniform will also be similar for wicket keepers.
- As for fielders, hats are something they can wear, but it’s not necessary. Athletic shades are also something that fielders and bowlers can wear with their uniform.
List of Top 10 Best Cricket Uniforms in India-Buyers Guide
1. VECTOR X Striker Cricket Jersey Dress
This cricket dress comes with a half-sleeve shirt and pants. It’s made from polyester and is white in colour.
- Has breathable mesh panels for air-flow
- Moisture-wicking technology and sweat absorption
- Is lightweight and durable
- The mesh on the shoulders may be uncomfortable
- Is a bit expensive
2 – SG CLUB Cricket Combo
This combo coms with a half-sleeve shirt and pants. It’s made from polyester and comes in a white colour.
- Uses Drimaxx technology
- Does stretch and is comfortable to wear
- Material is lightweight
- Can machine wash but it’s recommended that you hand wash it
- Does have a quantity limit on the product
3 – SLYK Cricket Dress Combo
This cricket combo comes with a long sleeve jersey and trousers. It’s made from micro polyester and is a white colour.
- Moisture control material and quick dry technology used
- Elasticated waist with drawcord and 2 front pockets
- Is suitable for batting, fielding, bowling and wicket keeping
- Only comes in M and L sizes
- Is a bit expensive
4 – SS MAGNUM Cricket Dress
This cricket dress comes with both a shirt and pants. It’s made from polyester and comes in white.
- Is comfortable to wear
- Material can stretch
- High quality polyester used
- Only comes in an XL size
- Can wash in the machine but it’s recommended to do hand washing instead
5 – HEADTURNERS Cricket Combo
This combo comes with a t-shirt and a pair of trousers. It’s made from polyester and comes in white.
- Has moisture control properties
- Has a collar for UV protection
- League friendly uniform design
- Is junior small – 30
- Can machine wash but hand washing is better
6 – WHITEDOT DOT 1.O Cricket Dress Combo
This combo comes with a half-sleeve shirt and a pair of trousers. It’s made from polyester and is white in colour.
- Shirt has breathable airway mesh panels for moisture control
- Trousers come with pockets and an elasticated waistband
- Material is lightweight
- Only comes in sizes 38, 40 and 42.
- May be a bit expensive
7 – TEKNIK Cricket Training Dress Set
This set comes with a shirt and a pair of mid-rise trousers. It comes in a milky white colour and is a regular fit uniform.
- Mesh panels for airflow to keep you cool and dry throughout training
- Trousers has drawstrings
- Can wash in the machine
- Designed for adult men only
- Is meant for training, not for matches and games
8 – TPL Cricket Kit
This kit comes with a shirt and a pair of trousers. It’s made from polyester and cotton and comes in an off-white colour.
- The material is soft and breathable
- There is airflow and ventilation in the fabric
- Has moisture-wicking properties
- The kit has a quantity limit of 5 units per customer
- Comes in only an S and XL size
9 – CEELA SPORTS CHAMP Cricket Kit
This kit comes with a shirt and a pair of trousers. It’s made from polyester and comes in white colour.
- Has pocketed sides
- The trousers have an elasticated waistband and drawstrings
- Has dry fit mesh panels on the shoulders and sides
- Comes in only 38 and 40 sizes
- This kit is more for professional players
10 – ROCKY Men’s Cricket Kit
This kit comes with a slim fit full-sleeve jersey and tracks pants. It’s made from polyester and comes in white colour.
- Has moisture-controlling mesh on the shirt to keep skin dry and cool
- Material is soft on the skin
- Can wash it in the machine
- Doesn’t give the size of the uniform
- Maybe a bit expensive
Cricket is a great sport to play. And with the right uniform, it can be an even greater sport. However, you need to make sure you get the proper uniform as the wrong uniform can seriously ruin your love for the game.
1 – What is a cricket uniform called?
You normally call them cricket whites. Some people also call them flannels or the kit. It really depends from person to person, with cricket whites being the most popular.
2 – Which material is best for a cricket jersey?
Material like polyester, cotton and spandex are some of the best materials that you can use for a cricket jersey. You can also use wool, however it’s more for winter.
3 – What is the Colour of cricket clothes?
Traditionally it’s a white colour. However, some clubs and all national teams do use different colours when playing against other teams.