Corn flour is a cooking ingredient used in the cooking of many dishes. They are not to be eaten raw but should be mixed with other ingredients. It contains fine dried, ground corn and is yellow in color. The cornflour powder is made by crushing the corns in powder form. Therefore, cornflour has nutrition that contains fiber, starch, protein, and many vitamins and minerals. It is perfect for baking cakes as they taste earthy and sweet. They can also be replaced or added to bread, pancakes, etc. They have a variety of uses. This can be used as a thickening agent, improve taste, improve texture, etc.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best corn starch, cheese powder, milk powders, coffee powder, Turmeric powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, Dalchini powder, Mulethi Powder, Pepper Powder, White Pepper Powder, Cardamom Powder, cacao powder, Cocoa Powders, Orange peel powder, coconut powder, stevia powder in India.
Top 10 Best Corn Flour in India-Buyers Guide
Features of Corn Flour
Corn flour has a lot of features.
- Cornflour contains around 110 calories.
- They are also rich in other nutrients.
- They contain 3 grams of protein, 1.5 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber.
- These features are for ¼ cup or 29 grams of cornflour.
- In addition to this, cornflour also contains B vitamins, iron, magnesium, and potassium, which are essential nutrients for your body’s health.
- Therefore it is a healthy source of nutrition.
Types of Corn Flour
Many types of cornflour exist.
- Cornmeal is gluten-free and is grounded from yellow or white corns.
- They are not very fine and take a long time to cook.
- This makes them unsuitable for cooking.
- Corn starch, on the other hand, is grounded from the kernel and is possible to use to thicken the products with a glossy finish.
- They are tasteless and are suitable with other ingredients.
- Masa Harina is another type of ‘dough flour’ and is suitable for making tortillas and tames.
- The corns are soaked in calcium hydroxide and rinsed and dried to make them easy to digest.
How to use Corn Flour?
- Cornflour is perfect to thicken gravies.
- Firstly, you must add 2/3 tablespoons of water to 2/4 spoons of cornflour to make a mixture.
- Next, add a cup of the hot liquid to the cornflour paste and ad stir it.
- Then, immediately pour everything in the gravy, stirring well.
- You must continue to stir the stew or gravy after pouring the paste until the stew boils and thickens.
Buyer’s guide for Corn Flour
- When buying cornflour, you must make sure that the cornflour powder has no artificial ingredients.
- If you want to bake tortillas, you can use coarse yellow flour and you want to buy cornflour to thicken gravies and stews, you can use white color flour.
- If you want to make desi Makki ki roti, then sweet corn kernel flour is the most suitable.
List of Top 10 Best Corn Flour in India-Buyers Guide
1. Natureland organic maize flour
Maize is used to make this flour, which is high in carbohydrates. The Dalia is processed from selected carefully grains that are clean and hygienic. They are healthy and have many benefits.
- These are free from chaff, broken, immature and foreign matters
- They are free from smell, discoloration, and other impurities
- They are highly rich in carbohydrates
- They have a quite bitter taste
- Manufactures might change ingredients on some occasions before delivery
2. Fivestar cornflour
This is fine cornflour with a double thickening effect. This is easy to use and perfect for making deserts
- These are very rich in protein and fiber
- They are very low in fat
- They are very economical and cheaper than other products of the same type
- It comes in small packets which might not be useful for some people
- You must store it in a dry place
3. Radha Govind organic flour
This is Maize flour and quite yellow in color. It is organic and has a light texture. It contains lots of nutrients and has many benefits.
- This is ideal for weight loss
- It is high in protein
- It is gluten-free and contains calcium, iron
- Customers say that it is blended only with its outer layer
- The grains might be unevenly grounded
4. Kool natural cornflour
This is gluten-free cornflour and contains natural ingredients. It has a high nutritional value and has a vegetarian diet type.
- This is low in saturated fat
- It is low in cholesterol
- It contains dietary fiber, Riboflavin, niacin, and iron
- It is relatively expensive as compared to other brands
- You should store them properly to avoid the product from getting damaged.
5. Urban platter gold cornflour
This is a Mexican-style Masa Harina corn flour. They are yellow in color, gluten-free, and are available in packets of 1 kg
- It is suitable as a thickening agent.
- It is macrobiotic, vegan, and kosher
- pie shells, along with other things, can also be made from this flour.
- Some customers find it uneconomical and expensive.
- You must store and preserve them properly.
6. Bague premium white flour
If you are looking for a flour that is suitable for cooking and baking, then this white corn flour powder is the most suitable. It has no artificial preservatives and comes in packets of 1 kg.
- This has various health benefits
- It does not contain any pesticides or preservatives
- It has a good taste
- You must store them in a cool and dry place.
- Using a wet spoon to handle this product might ruin the product.
7. VGBNP maize flour
This is a cereal grain flour with high fiber content. It is gluten-free and boosts immunity.
- It has a hygienic packing and good quality control process.
- This is rich in carbohydrates
- It contains no artificial colors and preservatives
- It can be costly as compared to other items
- It contains 5% fats
8. Farmup cornflour
This is a great substitute for wheat flour. It contains fiber, is organic, and is available in packets of 1kg.
- It contains a high amount of fiber and contains antioxidants.
- They are rich in protein and fiber
- They can also serve as a thickening agent.
- You must store them properly.
- It is non-returnable
9. Wheafree cornflour
These are available in packs of 3 of 200g each. White starch, extracted from maize kernels, is present in powder form. They have various health and cooking benefits.
- These are natural and gluten-free
- They are rich in carbohydrates
- They are usable as a thickening agent
- They have an expiry date of 12 months
- They must be mixed with other eatables and are not suitable to be eaten raw.
10. Goshudh Makka atta
This is a maize/corn flour available in packets of 2kg. They are rich in fibers and have various health and skin benefits.
- They boost immunity, skin, and health
- Helps the body to absorb and digest nutrients
- It helps reduce constipation and bloating.
- Has to be stored properly. The packaging is not suitable for storing it in the same material.
- It is relatively expensive as compared to other products of the same type.
From the above information, we can conclude that cornflour is a very useful ingredient for baking and cooking. Apart from having various health benefits, they are also usable in a variety of other dishes and they help improve taste and texture. You should consider the above pros and cons for each type of product before buying a packet of cornflour for use.
Q1) What do you use cornflour for?
Corn flour is suitable for various purposes. It is usable as a thickening agent. It is also possible to use for baking or cooking purposes
Q2) What exactly is corn flour?
Corn flour is a powder of crushed corns and contains fine, ground corns and grains. It is the result of grinding entire corn kernels into powder form.
Q3) What is the price of cornflour?
Prices vary according to the product quality, type, and brand. However, speaking generally, the price of cornflour can vary from Rs 200-to 1000