Most of us know what a corkscrew is and what it does. But for those who are not familiar with it, a corkscrew is a tool that we use to draw corks out of bottles or other items that have been sealed by a cork.
This very popular tool comes in different sizes, shapes, and colors. It can be made out of plastic, wood, or some kind of metal. Also check the buyers guide for Best Can Openers & Soda Bottle Openers online in India
The corkscrew first showed up in England over 350 years ago. It was known then as a “worm” and was made out of steel that you used to draw the cork out of wine bottles. Its role hasn’t changed much from then, but the design and look have changed quite a bit since then.
Top 10 Best Corkscrews Online in India
Buyers Guide – Corkscrew
When you are in the market for a corkscrew, you should be aware of a couple of things. To determine which tool is right for you, you need to consider your needs. If you will not use it often, you may need a smaller and simpler corkscrew.
- If you are sure about the type of corkscrew you want but are unsure about the material to opt for
- Then we advise you to choose the tool that is made out of quality materials such as steel, especially if you are about to use it often.
- But if you are opening a bar, then consider buying a corkscrew that works on electricity.
- That way, your staff will not have any trouble opening bottles while working in a crowded place.
- But, if you need it just to open a bottle of wine once in a while, then you can opt for cheaper plastic ones.
- When it comes to the price of corkscrews, it can be a bit tricky. Corkscrew prices vary depending on the brand or materials used.
- If you are still not sure about the one you want to buy, make sure to ask the seller anything you want to know.
Features of a Corkscrew
- The corkscrew is usually made out of steel and they all have a specific look.
- They all look almost the same because the way they function is similar across the board.
- A corkscrew has the following parts: there is a handle that you hold while screwing the spiral into the cork and there are levers that you need to push once the cork is ready to come out of the bottle.
- Some of these tools have a ring which should sit over the bottle’s mouth to make it stable while you are taking out a cork.
Types of Corkscrews
There are several types of corkscrews in the market. You can find wine corkscrews, lever corkscrews, counter-mount corkscrews, electric corkscrews, pocket corkscrews, or waiter’s corkscrews.
- Electric corkscrews are one of the best options when it comes to opening bottles.
- They are very popular in bars and also at homes of wine lovers.
- Pocket corkscrews are great thanks to their size.
- They are easy to carry with you wherever you go.
- Waiter’s corkscrews are better known as a wine key and are mostly used by waiters because they are very practical.
- A Counter-mount corkscrew is one that you can keep placed on the counter and use it from there.
What is the use of Corkscrew?
The corkscrews can be different, but usually, people opt for the classic one that is most common in households these days.
Here is an explanation of how to use a typical corkscrew:
- No matter which type you have, the main thing is to set the ring over the bottle’s mouth and wind the metal spiral into the cork.
- Make sure to hold the bottle tight enough so it won’t slip.
- Now, start rotating it clockwise and let the wings of the corkscrew spread, and continue until the spiral is completely lodged in.
- Now, grab the handle and start gently pulling the cork out.
- If your bottle has a plastic or paper cover over the cork, make sure to remove it before you start opening the bottle.
List of Top 10 Best Corkscrews
1. Iktu RIMEI 2 in 1 Wine Corkscrew Bottle Opener:
This is a multipurpose tool that can be used to open wine bottles that have corks or to open glass beer or soda bottles. On the handle, there is an opener that you can use for bottle caps, and below there is a steel spiral that you can use to open a bottle of wine.
- Iktu Corkscrew made with a combination of plastic and stainless steel.
- The price is not high and it includes free delivery
- Also, it is very easy to use
- It has parts made out of plastic that can break easily
2. Le Creuset Activ-Ball Original Corkscrew:
This is a very nice-looking corkscrew that will help you open bottles without making any mess. It is made out of very good quality material that will last very long.
- Le Creuset Corkscrew is quick and easy to use
- It looks very nice
- It has a red ball that ensures that the corks do not get jammed
- It includes a warranty for only 30 days
- The item is a bit expensive
3. 78nyne Waiters Stainless Steel Corkscrew Wine Bottle Opener in Winged Style & Handheld Design:
This is one of the most common types of corkscrew. Many households have one of these and they are also used in restaurants and bars. It has a handle that you can use to open a glass bottle cap as well, plus a spiral that works best for opening wine bottles.
- 78nyne Corkscrew contains an opener for beer as well as for wine
- The item is made out of high-quality stainless steel
- Some costumers complain that the cork within the bottle starts to crumble when they try to pull it out
4. Generic Stainless Steel Corkscrew:
This comes in different colors and looks very nice. It is a classic type of corkscrew. You can see these in restaurants as well as homes. This item is made out of stainless steel and is very easy to use.
- Generic Corkscrew is very easy to use
- The price is quite affordable
- Costumers complain that it causes the cork to start crumbling
5. Chopine HOTWINE Corkscrew Friendly Wine Opener:
This is a very small and efficient wine opener that anyone can use. It also includes the part that you can use to open a beer bottle as well. Also, it is made out of stainless steel and it is pretty lightweight, so you can carry it with you in your pocket or bag.z
- Chopine Corkscrew is very easy and practical to use
- The price is very affordable
- It is not suitable to use if you are a waiter due to its size
- It doesn’t look smooth and stylish enough to be used in restaurants
6. Glenburn Tea Direct Metal Corkscrew:
Here is another small corkscrew that is very easy to use. Costumers are very happy with this product and say that it works great. It is made out of stainless steel and comes only in a grey color.
- Glenburn Corkscrew is very easy to use and carry
- It is great to use when you are at a picnic or a barbeque
- The price is a bit high for a product of this type7.
7. Lukzer Corkscrew Stainless Steel Bottle Opener for Red Wine Champagne:
This is a stainless-steel corkscrew that includes an opener for bottles on the top of the handle and a steel spiral to open the wine bottle below. It is quite easy to use.
- Lukzer Corkscrew is very easy to use
- Practical to use at home as well as at restaurants or bars
- Some costumers have complained about the quality of this product
8. Protos India Stainless Steel Corkscrew 2 Lever Wine Bottle Opener:
This item is made out of stainless steel and comes in different colors. Its size is quite small, which makes it practical and easy to carry.
- Protos India Corkscrew is not an expensive
- The package includes two items
- Some costumers say that the quality is lacking
9. TAG3 (TM) Folding Stainless Steel Corkscrew Wine Opener:
Here is another very useful tool that opens both wine bottles and beer caps. It is easy to use and carry in your bag or pocket.
- TAG3 Corkscrew comes with a black handle that looks nice
- The package includes only one piece while mostly they come in pairs
10. Mosaic Premium Quality Zinc Alloy Waiters Corkscrew Wine Bottle Opener:
This is one of the most common types of corkscrews that you can see in restaurants or at homes. It has an opener for bottles on top of the handle as well.
- MOSAIC COrkscrew made with aluminum material.
- It is very big, which makes it easy to open larger corks
- The item is expensive
We hope we have helped you choose the right corkscrew based on your needs. It is a useful tool to have at home because it can be used for multiple purposes. You can open wine bottles, beer bottles, some types of cans, or even champagne bottles.
While choosing, make sure you are familiar with the features of the item. And, if possible, choose the one that includes a warranty.
1. Which is the best corkscrew opener?
The best corkscrew is the one that fits your needs best. It should be tight enough to easily open the bottles and doesn’t cost much.
The electric one is the best, but if you are not going to use it often, then you shouldn’t invest in the electric one. Instead, you can buy a classic corkscrew with wings or the waiter’s corkscrew. They are very practical and easy to use.
2. Where is a corkscrew opener used?
The corkscrew opener is used mostly in bars, restaurants, and at home. You can use it anywhere you need it.