A cordless microphone can be classified as a piece of sound equipment useful for increasing audio reach. This is the perfect equipment for activities that involve large gatherings such as musical events, speeches, religious gatherings, among others.
A cordless mic is useful on various occasions and getting a quality product is always recommended. Cordless microphones are a long-term investment that can be reused over the years. They come handy especially if you are a musician because when performing for a large crowd there is no way your voice will be loud enough to be heard by everyone properly. Also check the buyers guide for Best Wireless Microphones in India.
There are wired microphones available in the market, it is not a convenient task to move around with a wired microphone. Aside from movement impediment, it may experience lags and require heavy setups.
Top 10 Best Cordless Microphones Online in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a cordless microphone
There are certain features found in these wireless products that deliver the value of the product. They are:
Wireless microphones are fitted with a rechargeable battery that supplies the transmitter with enough power. Considering that these gadgets are not wired, there is a need for power supply, and the battery supplies this. The battery is a very important part of a cordless mic.
A transmitter is the most important component of a cordless mic. It is responsible for the wave transfer. Wireless microphones pick radio waves and the transmitter is responsible for transmitting the audio to the receiver.
The receiver is not a direct feature of a cordless mic, it is very important. The receiver picks up the audio signals and amplifies it through the speaker. The sound operation is not complete without the receiver.
Types of cordless microphones
There are various types of microphones, with portability and ergonomic design to improve convenience. These include three types: handheld mic, lavalier mic, and headset mic.
These types of wireless microphones are designed exactly like the wired microphones. Sometimes they may be a little bigger to contain the wireless transmitting components. This type is known to produce the best mic sound quality.
Lapel mic, this mic is very small in size and inconspicuous such that they remain unnoticed oftentimes. They are used on occasions like speeches, worship, interviews, and more. They are clipped on clothing and are very convenient.
This type of microphone is worn over the head as in the case of headsets. They are static and allows for mobility and control. This is suitable for gatherings where the speaker needs hands and absolute body control.
Best Cordless Microphones-Buying Guide
Obtaining a wireless microphone, there are certain components to consider. This section will be considering what and why.
- The first thing to consider before buying a wireless microphone is the type – is it handheld, or lavalier, or a headset? The use of the mic will determine the type to be bought.
- Then we have the price, which varies considerably. Online stores like Amazon are one of the best places to obtain this piece of equipment.
- The battery duration of the device is also important you will not be able to charge them while in use.
- The next consideration is the range of the wireless device. There is no wire connection, like every other wave or wireless device, the range is important. The range of most wireless mics increases with their price, but to get the best value from your mic, go for a higher range.
- Be sure to check reviews and comments posted by previous buyers, this can save you a whole lot of time. Beware of fake reviews, especially if the reviews on a page are not consistent.
How does a cordless microphone work?
- The wireless or cordless microphone contains features that determine the way it works. The battery is the power supply mechanism for this device. It is cordless, an inbuilt energy source is required. In the pack, using a handheld as an example, the mic contains the transmitter, which receives audio signals from the mic and transmits it to the receiver elsewhere.
- The range requirement is always for the receiver, moving away from the receiver beyond range, can cause audio stuttering. This stuttering is a warning of range and total audio loss may occur when out of range.
- The receiver picks up the signal transmitted from the mic transmitter and converts this wave signal into an audio sound. The receiver always separates from the other microphone components but must be kept in range. This may be a simple or a complex receiver depending on the choice required, most importantly, the total audio load.
- Some receivers can handle multiple signal decoding but are costlier than the single audio gateway receiver. The receiver is designed with either a VHF or UHF frequency reader, which picks the radio waves produced by the transmitter.
List of Top 10 Best Cordless microphones in India
1. Ahuja cordless handheld microphone AWM520VH
This is an affordable and lightweight handheld cordless mic. Its receiver is a single VHF channel model. It operates on battery power and features a 6.3mm connectivity jack.
- Excellent sound quality
- Quality design
- Low battery life
2. Shure Lapel Cordless Microphone System
The Shure lapel is an example of the lavalier cordless mic that can be attached to clothes. These devices are inconspicuous on the body and provided the user with optimum freedom and confidence.
- It allows easy mobility
- High sound quality
3. Ahuja Cordless dual handheld microphone AWM490V2
This economical Ahuja microphone is a lightweight handheld product with a dual receiver channel. It designed with ranged antennas for clear and good quality audio.
- Cheap price
- Good battery life
- Low quality
4. AKG WMS420 Vocal Set Band A Wireless Microphone System
This handheld mic is another AKG mic that produces quality sound for events and entertainment. The mic singly paired with the receiver.
- Excellent sound quality
- It is costly
5. AKG WMS40 Mini Single Vocal set- Wireless microphone system
This single handheld microphone is suitable for events and presentations. It is your choice of microphone for quality entertainment. It can function as a corded microphone as well.
- It has a long battery life
- Clear audio quality
- Low design quality
6. Ahuja (AWM-700U2) Wireless Dual Handheld Microphone
This handheld microphone is perfect for your entertainment and audio conferences. This cordless mic has amazing sound quality and wireless range. corded microphone in the availability of a microphone cord.
- It is cheap
- Very good quality sound
- Good battery life
- It is heavy
7. Shure SVX14/PGA31 Headworn Wireless Microphone System
This is a head-worn/headset cordless microphone. It sold with a transmitter that is multipurpose. The receiver is multichannel and can handle up to 8 channels.
- Amazing sound quality
- Easy installation
8. MX VHF wireless cordless microphone system 2 Handheld mic
This handheld cordless microphone sold in pairs on Amazon. The product designed to help minimize background noise and produce good sound quality.
- Warranty certified
- Weak sound quality
9. Max cart Professional 4 Channel UHF series Wireless/cordless microphones with 4 Metal Handhelds variable frequency mic set
This handheld cordless mic has a quad frequency receiver. It sturdily built to withstand use and wear. It set with a UHF receiver for increased sound quality.
- Sturdy feel
- Quad-channel frequency
- Multiple audio output interface
10. 2 in 1 Blubuzz Wireless, Cordless microphone, Wireless cordless wired microphone mic for karaoke singing, WM-308
This 2-in-1 product is an amazing entertainment mic. It has an HD sound quality that produces premium sound quality for karaoke and disk jockeys. It has a wireless range of 30 meters, so you are free to roam around the stage with your mind at rest.
- It is lightweight
- Low sound quality
- Not sturdy
The above list of cordless Microphones helps you decide the best one as per your requirement. Also you will save time in selecting the Cordless Mic.
What is the best cordless microphone?
As is clear from the list above, our most recommended product for you is the Ahuja handheld AWM520VH. The equipment for its great sound quality and affordability.
How does a cordless mic work?
A cordless mic contains features like battery, transmitter, and the mic that help to translate the audio into signals that can be decoded by the receiver which amplifies it. The mic receives the sound and directs it to the transmitter which encodes the audio into signals through radio waves. the receiver tuned to pick these waves and decode the signals into audio.
Which is better, UHF or VHF wireless microphone?
UHF radios are better indoors having shorter waves and can penetrate materials easily. The VHF stands no chance against the UHF indoors. sometimes, the VHF signals produce better sound quality and longer battery life in microphones.