A conduit pipe is a type of tube with a large diameter, which allows multiple electric wires to run through it. They come in use for protection purposes. They protect the electrical wires from external environmental factors like moisture, heat, air, wind, and any other extreme factors that may harm the electric wires. The purpose of a conduit pipe is also to hide the multiple electrical wires running in house or industry and to hide them from plain sight.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Steel Pipes, Copper pipes, CPVC Pipes, Jaquar Taps, Instant water heaters, water pipes, copper pipes, Hindware taps, Kitchen Sinks, Cera Wash Basins, Parryware Wash Basins, Jaquar Washbasins, Wash Basins, Table Top Washbasins, Nylon ropes, Hand Showers, Shower for Bathrooms, Flush Tanks, Western Toilet Seats, Jaquar Geysers, Bajaj Geysers, Havells Geysers, Racold Geysers, Gas Geysers, Crompton Geysers, Solar water heaters, V Guard Geysers in India.
Top 10 Best Conduit Pipes in India
Features of Conduit Pipe
- Conduit pipes or tubes have a variety of futures that help them fulfill their purpose.
- Water-proof feature. Most conduit pipes are waterproof, as they need to protect the electric wires from water and other external factors.
- Conduit pipes have a long lifespan. As they are not feasible to replace, again and again, they have a long span and deteriorate very little.
- They look good. Conduit pipes hide electric wires, increasing the aesthetic appeal of a house or industry and coming in use to increase neatness.
Types of Conduit Pipes
- Conduit pipes usually differ in terms of the material that comes in use to manufacture them.
- For instance the electrical metal tubing conduit. It is of steel or aluminum and is quite rigid, however, can be bent. It usually comes in use in residential buildings and has to connect together. The common size of an EMT is 1 to 1.5 inches.
- Metal conduit pipes. As the name suggests metal conduit pipes are made from steel. They provide structural support and usually come in use outdoors.
- Nonmetallic tubing includes tubes of plastic. The types of plastic can vary. Some pipes are of PVC, while others are of polypropylene.
- Rigid metal conduits are of steel. They commonly come in use outdoors and are important for structural support. They typically come in a fixed size, for example, 20 feet. Hence, a major requirement is the assembling of the metal conduits.
- Flexible metal conduit pipes are, as the name suggests, flexible, hence they can easily be snaked through small spaces in a house or industry. They have a kind of spiral making, which makes it easier for the pipe to bend and flex.
- Rigid PVC conduits are hard plastic material tubes. They can bend into shape by heating. Rigid polyvinyl chloride can be joined together by heating and gluing the pipes together.
Buyer’s guide for Conduit Pipe
- Consider the price point before buying a conduit pipe.
- Depending on the material, the price differs.
- If the conduit pipe is to come into use outdoors, then a material like steel will come into use, which will have a higher price point than plastic.
- There are many types of conduit pipes.
- Knowing what the pipe is for helps narrow down the type of conduit pipe to use.
- For instance, PVC is not flexible, while metal conduits are.
- The color of a conduit pipe matters.
- Consider darker shades if the walls and floor are dark, as they will easily blend in.
- Consider a lighter shade, perhaps white, if the floor and the walls are of a lighter shade.
- They Consider the diameter of a conduit pipe.
- A larger diameter allows more wires, while a smaller one does not.
List of Top 10 Best Conduit Pipes in India-Buyers Guide
1. Krisstop Electrical Conduit Pipe
Generic, metal, silver 15-meter long conduit pipe with rustproof and sturdiness qualities, that make it ideal for Industrial and Residential use.
- The pipe is quite long
- Reasonable pricing
- Has rust proof qualities
- Quality is not very good
- It is of cheap quality, not long-lasting
2. uxcell Conduit Pipe
Plastic, 12.5 meters long lightning Corrugated Wire Tubing Cable, made in China, with a diameter of 10 x 7.5mm
- Good quality tube
- Sleek and good looking
- Can come in use to cover any type of wires
- Pricey according to the quality
- The quality of the tube is mediocre
3. Sellify Uxcell Conduit Tube Pipes
Plastic, 5 meters long lightning Corrugated Wire Tubing Cable, to come in use to hide wires connecting many electric appliances and machinery.
- Long pipe, good length
- Serves its purpose well
- Quality is good
- The price is quite high, could be lower
- Not a lot of information is given about the product
4. STARTRACK™ Flexible Electric Wire Conduit Corrugated Tube Pipes
Grey, 20 meters, conduit pipe to come in use to cover electrical wires of all types and connections with Rust Proof properties.
- Good quality product
- It does what it is required to do
- Worth the price
- PVC plastic, so not good for the environment
- Not a lot of information is given.
5. KT Hardware Solutions Electrical Corrugated Wire Tube
25 meters long black conduit pipe from KT Hardware Solutions, made from Polyethylene material (Plastic), for electrical wires.
- The length is good.
- It serves its purpose well
- It is of good quality
- Made of plastic, so not good for the environment.
- Not a lot is known about the pipe.
6. Starlight STARTRACK Flexible Wire conduit pipes
25 Meters long, white, conduit pipe with a diameter of 25 mm, made of hard plastic also known as PVC.
- Serves its purpose well
- Quite long, good length product
- High-quality PVC
- Quality is not very good, the plastic used is thin.
- Breaks easily, because it is thin and hard
7. RespiKart® Uxcell Corrugated Conduit Tubing
15-meter long conduit pipe, with a diameter of 8 mm, to come in use to hide electric wires and provide tubings for electrical wires.
- Easy to install
- Can come in use everywhere, residences or industries
- Good length wire.
- The diameter may be small
- The Colour is black, so will be visible on white surfaces
8. PVC Flexible Pipe Hose Corrugated Wire Tubing Tube Conduit Pipes
25 meters long, white conduit pope, to come in use to cover electrical wires with good flexibility. Made from high-quality PVC material.
- White, so won’t be seen on white surfaces
- High-quality product
- Has rustproof properties
- White, so could get dirty easily
- Not a lot of information about the pipe is given.
9. STAR SUNLITE Diameter Electrical Corrugated Wire Tube
25 meters long, Polyethylene black colored conduit pipe to come in use for hiding electric wires, in industries and residential areas.
- Good length pipe
- Black, so won’t get dirty easily
- Durable works for a long time
- The standard material is Polyethylene, so is not very good for the environment
- A lot of information about the properties of the conduit pipe is not given.
10. Dia Flexible PVC Corrugated Wire Tubing Conduit Tube Pipes
3.5 meter, white-colored conduit pipe, of good quality PVC plastic. It has a diameter of 22 x 25mm.
- It is easy to install
- Quality is good
- Is white, so may get dirty fast
- Length is quite less for a conduit pipe
- The price is a lot for the length
A conduit pipe is mainly for protection and aesthetic purposes. They help to hide multiple electric wires and come in use were multiple electrical wires are running all around the place. When looking for a conduit pipe, you may find this guide very helpful.
What is conduit pipe?
Conduit pipes have a large diameter, the purpose of which is to insert multiple electric wires to run through it, which helps prevent any kind of electrical shortages as well as packs multiple wires within one and hides it.
What is the difference between pipe and conduit?
A pipe comes in use for many purposes such as transporting water and is usually quite rigid, made to withstand high pressures of water. It is also durable and long-lasting and can withstand extreme conditions. A conduit is like a pipe, but its main purpose is protecting electric wires and cables and is not for high-pressure water transportation.
What is the cost of the conduit pipe?
A conduit pipe can range from Rupees 300 to 1000. The price range depends on the material the conduit pipe is made of.