Cold-pressed coconut oil is made from fresh coconut meat. So the first step in making this oil entails extraction of the coconut meat. The meat is then made into milk or powder. What follows is the pressing of the said coconut milk or powder, to obtain the oil. The end result is oil that retains all its natural goodness.
This type of oil has numerous uses. One popular use is in cooking. So this is where you cook various meals with coconut oil (as you would do with any other oil). Another popular use is in moisturizing the skin. Yet another popular use is in enriching the hair. Coconut oil that comes from the cold pressing process is also used in dental [oil] pulling. It is the most ideal product for that use – to rid teeth of bacteria, plaque, tartar, and other bad elements. And it also has application in artificial makeup removal. Also, check the buyers guide for the best cold-pressed oils & Oil Press Machines in India
Top 10 Best Cold Pressed Coconut Oils in India
Features of Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- One of the key features in cold-pressed coconut oil is that of oxidative stability.
- This means that the oil is less prone to oxidation, making it ideal for a wide variety of uses.
- Coconut oil that comes from the cold pressing is quite thin in consistency and somewhat watery in appearance.
- This appearance is due to the use of centrifugal force in the extraction of oil.
- Coconut oil that comes from the cold-pressing process has a mild aroma with a somewhat delicate taste.
- This differentiates it from coconut oil that whose extraction entails the use of heat (in expeller).
- The latter tends to have the aroma of coconuts that have undergone roasting, with a stronger taste.
- Coconut oil that comes from the cold-pressing process has a strong moisturizing effect, distinctive flavor, and high smoke point.
Types of Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- There is raw cold-pressed coconut oil. Then there is refined cold-pressed coconut oil.
- There is bleached cold-pressed coconut oil. Then there is unbleached cold-pressed coconut oil.
- There is cold press coconut oil whose specific use is in cooking/food consumption.
- Then there is that whose specific use is in skin and hair care/external application.
- Further still, there is that which is multipurpose: suitable for both internal consumption and external application to skin and hair.
How to use Cold Pressed Coconut Oil?
- One way to use cold-pressed coconut oil is by applying it to the skin.
- The oil in this case moisturizes the skin.
- It also helps in removing/reducing wrinkles.
- Another way to use coconut oil that comes from cold pressing is by frying food with it.
- This could be deep frying or shallow frying (as in the case of sautéing).
- Yet another way to use cold press coconut oil is by massaging babies’ scalps with it.
- The objective here is to get rid of cradle caps, a common problem in babies.
- There is also the approach where you take a spoonful of the oil, and swish your teeth with it.
- The objective here is dental (oil) pulling, where you get to remove plaque and other bad elements from the teeth.
- The end result is better dental health.
Buying guide for Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- You first need to ensure that the product you are buying is actually one that comes from the cold-pressing process.
- Otherwise, you could end up buying a product whose extraction process was heat-intensive, thinking it is cold press oil.
- Only go for coconut oil that genuinely comes from the cold pressing process.
- To be sure that it is actually coconut oil, check its aroma, color, consistency, and taste.
- Consider the coconut oil packaging. Ensure that it is appropriate and hygienic.
- Check the volume of coconut oil you are buying & the price.
- Otherwise, you could lose money: by ending up paying too high a price for too little oil.
- For instance, a 750ml bottle may look almost like a 1-liter bottle, but the difference in quantity is considerable.
List of Top 10 Best Cold Pressed Coconut Oil in India-Buyers Guide
1. Maxcare Virgin Coconut Oil
This oil is sold in a 500 ml bottle. Has the authentic color and consistency of maxcare cold press coconut oil.
- This is unrefined oil (hence nutritionally intact)
- Suitable for use as food and skin/hair care product
- The bottle packaging is of decent quality
- Volume is 500 ml only
- Price is relatively high
2. Coco Soul (Parachute) Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
This Coco soul sold press coconut oil comes from natural virgin coconut meat. The bottle contains 250 ml of it.
- Contains no gluten
- Comes from non-GMO coconuts
- Suitable for day to day use as regular edible oil
- Some may it rather thin inconsistency
- Volume is 250 ml only
3. Disano Cold Press Virgin Coconut Oil
The Disano cold press oil here is 100% natural. It also has no mineral oil additives.
- Price affordable by almost anyone
- Oil hasn’t undergone refinement
- No mineral oil enrichment
- Modest volume, at 250 ml
- A few may find the taste rather strong
4. HATHMIC Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
This is an ample size 1,000 ml bottle of Hathmic cold press coconut oil. The vendor says it comes from hand-selected coconuts.
- This is a truly versatile/multipurpose coconut oil
- Ample quantity (1000 ml)
- Packaging is hygienic
- Price may be too high for some potential buyers
- It can feel slightly sticky
5. Cocoguru Coconut Oil
What you get here is a 1-liter pouch, containing pure coconut oil. It has undergone filtration.
- Low price for a full liter of oil
- Contains no preservative chemicals
- Cleaner oil (due to filtration)
- Extraction is by expeller method (rather than centrifuge method)
- Some may find pouch packaging to be of slightly dubious quality
6. ORGANIC INDIA Virgin Coconut Oil
The strongest selling point here is the oil’s pure organic nature. It comes in a 500 ml capacity bottle.
- Taste seems authentic
- It is an actual organic product
- Extraction is via centrifuge (hence real cold press product)
- Price is higher than average
- Volume is 500 ml
7. Vedaka Virgin Coconut Oil
Here is another 500 ml Vedaka virgin coconut oil package. The bottle has a strong anti-spill feature.
- Very reasonable price for 500 ml
- Suitable for use in baking as well (besides frying and sautéing)
- Quite easy to store
- Some may have concerns about the plastic leeching effect
- Oil absorption by skin seems slightly slow
8. HAYYAN Own Farm Coconut Oil
It is natural Hayyan coconut oil, with no refinement. The bottle carries 1 whole liter of the oil.
- Contains no sulfur addition
- Non-refinement, which means nutritional wholeness
- Comes directly from the vendor’s farm coconuts
- Relatively high price
- The aroma may be underwhelming to some
9. Puvi 1L Cold Pressed Coconut oil
Has all characteristics of authentic coconut oil. Volume is ample at a full liter.
- Truly high smoke point (hence suitable for deep frying)
- Delicate aroma (consistent with cold pressing production)
- Volume is a full liter
- The bottle doesn’t seem to have an anti-spill mechanism
- Price may seem high for quality
10. WOW Life Science Coconut Oil
The volume in this case is 400 ml. It has a pure and natural look.
- Extraction is via centrifuge machine (not expeller)
- Multipurpose/versatile oil
- Higher than average vitamin E content
- Somewhat high price for 400 ml
- Packaging is quite basic
You need to use cold-pressed coconut oil of authentic quality, to get the full benefit. With the information in this guide, it should be easier for you to pick such coconut oil of authentic quality.
What is cold-pressed coconut oil?
It is that which is extracted from coconut meat at normal temperature (with no artificial heating).
What is cold-pressed coconut oil good for?
It is good for cooking, skin moisturization, dental oil pulling, and baby massage.
Which is the best cold-pressed coconut oil?
The best is that whose aroma, taste, color, and viscosity are authentic.