The CMOS battery is one of the most important components of a computer motherboard. It provides power for the computer’s real-time clock. This way, the computer’s real-time clock keeps working, even when the computer is not plugged into power. Further, the CMOS battery provides power to the chip that helps in booting up the computer. At yet another level, it provides power to the chip that configures the computer’s data flow.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Acer Laptop Batteries, Lenovo laptop Batteries, Dell Laptop Batteries, Hp Laptop Batteries, laptop stands, Dell i5 Laptops, Dell Vostro laptops, Dell Inspiron Laptops, i7 Laptops, i5 Laptops, Lenovo Laptops, Lenovo Thinkpad, Lenovo Ideapad, Acer Laptops, Toshiba Laptops, Asus Laptops, HP Laptops, HP i5 Laptops, HP Pavilion Laptops, Hp Elitebook laptops, HP Omen Laptops, HP Laptops under 30000, Laptops under 70000, Laptops under 60000, Laptops under 50000, Laptops under 40000, Gaming Laptops under 70000, Gaming Laptops under 60000, Gaming Laptops under 50000 in India.
Top 10 Best CMOS Batteries in India
Features of CMOS Battery
- The most important features of a CMOS battery are compatibility, durability, and voltage.
- Starting the compatibility depends on things like the battery’s physical size and lead length.
- It also depends on the number of pins on the connector.
- With regard to durability, these CMOS batteries vary – some lasting as little as 2 years, others as much as 10.
- The durability depends (to some extent) on how the battery is designed.
- The voltage is a measure of the CMOS battery’s potential difference.
Types of CMOS Batteries
- There are single-use CMOS batteries. Then there are rechargeable CMOS batteries.
- Most of the CMOS batteries found in normal computers are of single-use type. But since very little power is drawn from them, they still last for as long as 2 to 10 years.
- It is in the servers that we commonly find rechargeable CMOS batteries.
- There are CR2032 CMOS batteries. Then there are CR2016 CMOS batteries, among others.
Buying Guide for CMOS Battery
- Ideally, you need to start by checking the part number for the battery.
- Then venture out to buy that exact part number, to get a battery that is properly compatible. For instance, if your computer uses a CR2032 or a CR2016 CMOS battery, get precisely that.
- Understand that the CMOS battery price may have some bearing on its longevity.
- Thus don’t shy from paying a slightly higher CMOS battery price, if it means getting a battery with better durability.
How To Use CMOS Battery?
- The CMOS battery is supposed to be attached to the computer’s motherboard.
- On the motherboard, there is a slot given for it. Yours then is to open up your computer, to access the motherboard.
- Then locate the spot for the CMOS battery.
- If the old CMOS battery is still there, you have to remove it.
- Be careful not to mess up with other delicate parts of the motherboard while doing this.
- Then place the new one, taking care to have the right side up and the right side down.
List of Top 10 Best CMOS Batteries in India-Buyers Guide
1. NYLON CR2032 CMOS Battery (5 Pieces Pack)
This is a lithium button coin battery. It offers 3 volts of power.
- Also usable on other devices like calculators, watches, sensors and so on
- The price per unit is quite low
- The battery is well packaged
- It can take some skill to fit on the motherboard
- Five batteries may be more than some have an immediate need for
2. FRNDZMART CMOS 2032 Micro Lithium Battery
What you get here is a strip with 10 batteries. Each is a 3-volt battery.
- Works for a long once on the motherboard
- Fits onto many types of computers (being a 2032 battery)
- These are quite stable CMOS batteries
- Tearing open the packaging may be frustrating
- It is easy to misplace these rather small cells
3. Generic Micro Lithium Coin Battery (CR 2032)
Comes as a pack of 25 cells. Very ideal for buying by people in the computer repair business.
- Quite easy to fit on the motherboard
- It can work for many years
- Provides enough power for computer CMOS chip functions
- Some may find a pack of 25 batteries too many
- The total price for these batteries may appear a bit high
4. MaK WOrLD CR2032 CMOS Battery for PC
What you get here is a pack of 5 battery cells. Each is a 3-volt battery.
- Usable on a wide range of computers
- Each battery cell is in a good blister pack
- The total price for the pack is not too high
- If you lack the right basic skills, you may struggle to fit the battery on the motherboard
- Once you use the single battery you need, you have a challenge working out what to do with the rest
5. WOLFSTONE CMOS 2032 Micro Lithium Cells
Comes with a pack of 10 CMOS batteries. Ideal for use on desktop computers, laptops and other devices.
- The positive and negative terminals are well marked
- Tends to last long, once on a motherboard
- It is almost globally compatible (being a CR 2032 3Volt battery)
- Responsible disposal for this small cell battery (once fully used) can be tricky
- Getting the battery out of the blister pack may be frustrating at times
6. WOLFANO CMOS 2032 Lithium Coin Batteries
Available as a pack of 10 battery cells. Each of them is a classic 3-volt battery.
- Also usable on other small devices like wristwatches and calculators
- This is a long-lasting alkaline battery
- It can never leak and ruin the motherboard
- Easy to misplace (on account of the small ‘coin’ size)
- May not fit onto computers that require CR 2016 and other battery sizes
7. YELLOWFIN Cmos 2032 Micro Batteries (5 PCs Pack)
This is a lithium battery. It has a 3v potential difference.
- It is a standard-size battery for most motherboards
- The battery is mercury-free
- It serves for a long before depleting
- It comes in a tough blister pack (which may be frustrating to open up)
- Besides the computer CMOS, there are just a few other small devices on which you can use it
8. CR2032 Coin Size Cell for Computer Motherboard CMOS
Available as a pack of 5 units. Each cell is mainly made of lithium.
- The 3 volts it provides is adequate for BIOS, real-time clock and other features
- The price for the pack of 5 is low enough
- It can take very little time to get the battery onto the motherboard
- One typically only needs one battery at a time (yet this is a 5-unit pack)
- The batteries may get easily ruined if you store them improperly (like in excess heat)
9. KRUPA Micro Lithium Batteries Cell for CMOS (Pack 10)
Ideal for use on both laptops and desktops alike. Comes in a blister pack.
- Made using high-purity lithium
- The positive and negative sides of the battery are well and legibly labeled
- Price is reasonable
- Not compatible with certain computers (like those that require CR 2016 and other battery types)
- Fitting this battery onto some computer motherboards may be a tricky affair
10. APE CMOS CR2032 Coin Batteries
Available as a pack of 5 coin-size battery cells. Inside the cells is lithium chemical.
- Works with all devices that accept CR2032 batteries (besides computers)
- This is a rather low-cost CMOS batteries pack
- Can last long once fitted on a computer
- Some may only need 1 cell at a time (rendering a 5 battery pack superfluous)
- It can prove tricky to dispose of these small battery cells well after they get depleted
To keep your computing device working as it should, you need to get a proper CMOS battery for its motherboard. With help from this guide, you can identify and buy an ideal CMOS battery for your computing device.
What does a CMOS battery do?
It powers the computer’s real-time clock, as well as the chip with the computer’s booting and configuration settings.
What happens when CMOS battery dies?
The computer may experience booting problems, as well as time and date display issues, among others.
How long do CMOS battery last?
That may be between 2 and 10 years.