For centuries chalkboards have been used in schools and universities to help teachers visually explain the lecture of the day. They make learning an easier experience for students who need visual aids to learn. Not only are they great for schools, but you can have them in your home for homeschooling as well. Also, check the buyers guide for the best Whiteboards, whiteboard Markers & Notice boards in India.
Younger children can use them for leisure and drawing, and older children can start learning how to read and write on them. You can buy them online making it easier to find different available options. Using this buyer’s guide and top 10 list, you can find the perfect fit for your needs. Take everything into consideration when you are looking for the best chalkboard you can find.
Top Best Chalkboards in India
Features of Chalkboards
- A green board surrounded by a frame is the basic build of a chalkboard.
- Using chalk, you can write on it when you are giving lessons or making explanations.
- They are used a lot in schools that have students with mixed learning abilities because some might need visuals.
- The use of visuals allows teachers and lecturers to watch body language.
- The body language of the students will show whether they understand the information that is being taught or not.
- There are different designs in terms of the back of the board.
- In other words, you can mount them on the wall in different ways.
- Some are screwed in while others can be hung.
- Magnetic chalkboards are great for sticking other visuals onto the board.
Types of Chalkboards
There are a few different available chalkboard designs, including:
- Magnetic, which you can use for more than just chalk. You can also put magnets and stick papers up on the board when using it.
- Lap, which is ideal for smaller children who need a personal board. It makes it easier for students to do their work on aboard.
- Double-sided, which has a chalkboard on one side and a whiteboard on the other. They are used in environments where both boards are needed.
- Lined, which have straight lines across them like paper. They can be used for spelling and writing lessons to make them easier to understand.
Buyer’s guide – Best Chalkboards
- Your budget is important when you want to buy a good chalkboard.
- They come in different sizes so have different prices attached to them.
- You need to be able to afford a good-quality board that is the right size for your needs.
- The type of board you want to buy is also important.
- If you want to be able to use magnets and stick papers to the board, then a magnetic board is the best type.
- Lapboards are great for letting students do their work while you teach on a bigger board.
- The type is also important in terms of deciding how the board will be incorporated into a room.
- You can choose to mount it on the wall or have another way to let it stand in the room.
- Some boards are easier to mount and others are more portable and easier to put away after you use them.
How to use Best Chalkboards
- Chalkboards are fairly easy to use and only require that you mount or hang them up or stand them up in a room.
- After you have done this, you need chalk to write on the board.
- The chalk comes off in layers and leaves behind a mark on the board.
- It works similarly to pens or pencils on paper.
- By doing this you are providing a visual aid for students who need to see to learn.
List of Top 9 Best Chalkboards in India
1. YAJNAS Non-Magnetic Double-Sided Board
The main advantage of this product is that there is a whiteboard on one side and a chalkboard on the other. It is 2×2 feet in size which are big enough for a smaller room. You can move it around easily because of how lightweight it is.
- Cheaply made
2. Jaykal Non-Magnetic Hanging Double-Sided Board
With two sides and an aluminum frame, you can use this board in any way you like. It is easy to flip around when it is hanging and is 2×3 feet in size. Portability is another advantage of this great product.
- Easy to flip around
3. Cosmic Success Non-Magnetic Double-Sided Board
At 1.5×2 feet in size, this is a lightweight and easily portable board for personal and business use. Both sides can be used as much as you need, and it is easily flipped.
- Smaller size
4. YAJNAS Non-Magnetic 1.5x2ft Double-Sided Board
This portable board is a great addition to learning environments. It is easy to move around and flip when you want to use the other side. It can be used at home as well if you need it for homeschooling.
- Hangs vertically
5. Pragati Systems Genius Non-Magnetic Chalkboard
With a 12-month warranty, this 2×3-footboard is perfect for school environments. It is non-magnetic and easy to erase and clean after a long day of use.
- 12-month warranty
- Easy to clean
- Fragile packaging
6. SNDIA Black Non-Magnetic Chalkboard
At 1.5×2 feet in size, you have enough space to write and teach as you please. This chalkboard is black, which will make it easier to see what you write, but harder to clean.
- Easy to see the writing
- 6-month warranty
- Hard to clean
7. OFIXO Non-Magnetic Board
It is double-sided and 1.5×2 feet in size for your convenience.
8. Dutchman PrakashÂ Double-sided board
This is a small board that is portable and easy to flip. It is ideal for personal use and in school environments.
- Lightweight frame
9. Generic Non-Magnetic Double-Sided Board
This affordable board is 1.5×2 feet in size making it great for business and personal use. It is affordable as well as double-sided.
- Fragile packaging
You can meet all of your needs with one of these great chalkboards and teach well at the same time. There are so many options available that you are guaranteed to find one to your liking. Remember to have enough chalk available for all the writing you’re going to be doing.
- How much does a chalkboard cost?
Depending on the type and brand that you choose, chalkboards come at a variety of different prices. They also have different shapes and sizes, so it depends on you and what you need.
- What are the types of chalkboards?
They range from magnetic to decorative concerning what you want to use them for. Some are magnetic and you can use them to stick magnets and paper onto. Others are decorative and you can write affirming messages on them.
- Why are chalkboards still used?
They are a cheaper option that can be used by almost everyone. Many places cannot afford to have whiteboards or other technology that can be afforded in mainstream places.
- Why did they get rid of blackboards?
Some places want students and other people to be able to have access to the internet during classes and meetings. This is not functional though, because a lot of people don’t have wireless internet access.