Cerelac products contain essential nutrients for baby growth. They are therefore ideal for use as complementary food for babies. Ideally, babies should be exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months. But after those 6 months, there comes a time when the babies need complementary food. That is where the Cerelac products in question come into the picture.
The main ingredients in these products are typically cereals, milk, and fruits (or vegetable). They, therefore, provide the carbohydrates, proteins, and vitamins the babies need for their growth. Also check the buyer’s guide for the best baby feeding bottles, electric breast pumps & manual breast pumps in India. They also contain minerals, which are essential for babies’ proper development.
List of Top 10 Best Cerelac Products in India
Features of Cerelac
- One of the features that make Cerelac products ideal is their pleasant taste.
- This means that the babies typically love these products: making feeding easy.
- Another feature that makes the products ideal is their great nutritional value.
- These products are designed to be nutritionally balanced.
- They provide almost all the nutrients that babies need for proper growth and development.
- Yet another feature that makes the products ideal is their hygienic packaging.
Types of Cerelac
- These products are ideal for use by babies who are six months old to 12 months old.
- Then there are those that are ideal for babies who are 8 months old to 12 months old.
- We also have those that are ideal for babies who are 10 months old to 12 months.
- Further, there are those that are ideal for babies who are 12 months old to 24 months old.
- Also available are Nestle milk products for babies in the 18 months to 24-month range.
- We have Nestle products in which the main ingredients are cereals and fruits.
- Then we have others in which the main ingredients are cereals and mixed vegetables.
- There are Nestle products in which the main grain is wheat.
- Then there are others in which the main grain is rice.
How to use a Cerelac?
- The first step, after opening your product, is to transfer it into an airtight container.
- The next step is to boil clean drinking water (with which you will be mixing the product).
- Thereafter, measure the proper amount of the boiled water. Mix it with the recommended amount of Cerelac.
- Then stir using a clean spoon.
- You can subsequently feed your baby with the product.
Buying guide for How to prepare Cerelac?
- The most important thing is to ensure that the Cerelac product you buy is ideal for your baby’s age.
- You also need to consider the flavor with which the product comes.
- Ensure that it is something your baby will love.
- Check the ingredients in the product you are considering buying.
- Ensure that they are things that will be beneficial to your powder
List of Top 10 Best Cerelac Products in India Buyers Guide
1. Nestlé CERELAC Baby Cereal (From 12 Months)
The main ingredients are multigrain, milk, and fruits. The quantity is 300 grams.
- Babies are likely to find the flavor pleasant
- Quite easy to prepare
- Price is reasonably low
- The preparation procedure is quite elaborate
- Requires storage in an airtight container after the initial opening of the pouch
2. Nestlé CERELAC Baby Cereal (From 18 to 24 Months)
What you get here is 300 grams quantity. The product’s main ingredients are five grains, fruits, and milk.
- The product is rich in iron
- Ideal for use by babies in a broad range of ages
- The taste is quite pleasant
- It May take a bit of stirring for it to dissolve in water
- Products have a relatively short usable life after initial pouch opening
3. CERELAC Baby Cereal With Milk and Wheat Apple (From 6 Months)
Rich in essential nutrients for baby growth. Includes apple flavor.
- Price is quite low
- Preparation is fast
- Comes with 19 important nutrients
- A baby may like it too much (to the extent of somewhat disliking other foods)
- It May is not ideal for babies outside the 6-12 months old ages bracket.
4. Nestle CERELAC With Milk and Wheat Apple Cherry (From 8 Months)
Quantity is the standard 300 grams. Provides 18 nutrients that the baby really needs.
- Packaging is top-notch
- Rich in minerals and vitamins (besides proteins and carbohydrates)
- Cost is within most people’s reach
- Only suitable for use with warm water (i.e. not ideal for use with cold water)
- The age bracket that can use this product is quite narrow (that being 8-12 months)
5. Nestle CERELAC with Milk, Wheat-Rice, and Mixed Fruit (From 10 Months)
Ideal for use by babies in the 10 to 12 months bracket. Has a good flavor and is rich in nutrients.
- Quite easy to prepare
- Comes with 19 essential nutrients
- Taste is pleasant for baby
- Some may find the price to be slightly high
- Packaging is a bit on the basic side (i.e. may be prone to get flattened in transit)
6. Nestlé CERELAC with Milk and Rice (From 6 Months)
The quantity is 300 grams. Ideal for babies who are just getting started on complementary foods (at 6 months).
- Price is within most people’s reach
- Provides vitamins and minerals (on top of proteins and carbohydrates)
- Quite easy to administer to baby
- It May require considerable stirring to dissolve fully
- Needs special storage after opening the pouch
7. Nestlé CERELAC With Milk, Wheat-Rice and Mixed Veg (From 10 Months)
Ideal for babies between 10 and 12 months of age. Nutritionally valuable and nice tasting.
- Takes little time to prepare
- Has most of the nutrients babies need
- Packaging is decent
- Some may view the price as slightly higher
- Suitable only for a narrow range of ages (10 to 12 months)
8. Nestlé CERELAC With Milk, Wheat (From 6 Months)
This is one of the least priced Cerelac products. Quantity is the standard 300 grams.
- Has the whole range of nutritional benefits we associate with milk and cereal
- Price is quite low
- Preparation is relatively easy
- Some may find the packaging to be basic
- The flavor may be slightly on the ‘flatter’ side for some
9. Nestlé CERELAC With Milk, Multigrain and Dal Veg (From 12 Months)
Made using healthy ingredients. Ideal for use by babies between 1 and 2 years old.
- It is a vegetarian product
- Quite rich in nutrients
- Taste is nice for the baby
- Preparation requires hot water usage
- Special storage is necessary once you open the package
10. Nestle Cerelac 3 Cereal with Milk
This is a unique 400-gram tin package. Ideal for use by babies from 8 months old.
- Easy to prepare
- Quantity (at 400 grams) can last longer
- Packaging is top-notch
- Some may find the price to be quite on the higher side
- Product may not be ideal for babies who are less than 8 months old
Is Nestle Cerelac good for babies?
Mostly yes – because it contains essential nutrients for the babies’ growth and development.
Which is the best Cerelac for a baby?
One that is nutritionally beneficial, tastes nice, and is easy to prepare.
What is the price of the Cerelac?
Price is mostly in the 200 to 300 Rupees range for a 300-gram pack.
Through the use of the best Cerelac products, you can promote your baby’s healthy growth. This guide has the information you need while shopping for the best Cerelac products.