CCTV camera, in full form closed-circuit television camera, is a form of surveillance camera that is now one of the most used technologies around the world. It has great use for monitoring and security purpose.
The law-enforcement got the greatest benefit from this technology in this century. The camera was invented in 1927 and Nazi Germany first used it. Then, it was used only for observing military activities. Also, check the buyer’s guide for Hikvision CCTV cameras, Bullet cameras, Hikvision DVR & CCTV Systems, Dome cameras, Wifi Cameras, IP cameras, DSLR Cameras, Drone Cameras, Car dash cameras, car reverse cameras & Helmet Cameras in India.
The earlier technology didn’t have the option to record and store information. It was always used for observation. But it is now gradually developing and has come far from the initial phase. The camera will record the activity in a certain area and the television system will transmit the recorded video as a signal to a specific place on a set of monitors. There, the system broadcasts and records the video.
Top 12 Best CCTV Cameras in India
Buyers Guide – CCTV Camera
You may need your CCTV camera for different purposes. See before going out and buying one for yourself, remember your needs for buying a CCTV camera.
- The camera may be for private use and business use. Also, you may need it for a factory or an institution.
- Also, you may need the camera to operate in the daylight or your most priority can be the nighttime.
- Above all, you have to go and see that the camera records high-resolution images & it is one of the topmost security issues.
- On the other hand, day and night recording is another very important feature. If your camera won’t have the option to record at night, it is almost useless.
- Because most of the cameras are bought for security issues and most of the happenings happen at night.
- The shape of the camera can be an issue depending on the purpose. For private property, bullet cameras are great.
- They are noticeable and tend to keep the invaders away.
- On the other hand, dome and c mounts are great for surveillance and monitoring.
- The remote control is another feature that is important to be strong in the closed-circuit system.
- If the surveillance location is busy, then ptz cameras are great.
- The sound recording sensor and sound quality is also a big factor.
- Sometimes visual is not enough evidence and you need to hear them too.
- In that case, a camera with a good sound sensor can help you.
- You have to choose the right one for the right place for the best outcome.
Features of CCTV Camera
- Together with other parts, a CCTV camera builds up a television system or broadcasting system that is used for security and surveillance purpose.
- It is the easiest way to monitor what is happening around you or your business.
- It has been the most useful asset in the case of monitoring activities in different factories and institutions.
- The camera will not only provide you with the option of monitoring and recording videos but also it will provide you with some advanced features.
- These features include options like ANPR, facial recognition, and object classification.
- ANPR or Automatic Number Plate Recognition system can find out any number plate and the face recognition system can match any face from the database.
- ANPR also provides automated barrier opening for authorized vehicles and registers entry and exit times.
- In the case of an investigation, object recognition and audiovisual is a great asset too.
- Recently, a huge number of criminal cases and issues are solved only depending on the evidence that CCTV footage gave.
Types of CCTV Cameras
There are lots of types of CCTV cameras to choose from.
They could be listed as below:
- Firstly, a dome camera mounts in the ceiling and obtains a view mounting inside a transparent dome.
- The camera can tilt to obtain the camera position and the mounting position can change according
to the need.
- Secondly, bullet cameras come in cylindrical bullet shell shapes and are quite noticeable.
- These cameras tend to make your property a less desirable target and that’s why it is the most common
type of camera.
- Thirdly, a mounted CCTV camera offers a detachable lens and it allows the camera to fit in different body shells.
- Fourthly, PTZ cameras come with directional remote control and a zoom controlling option.
- On the other hand, CCTV cameras come with the option to record and observe activities during daylight and night times.
- Moreover, IR CCTV cameras can operate very well, especially during the night.
- Further, IP cameras come with an option to connect various cameras to a network.
- Also, there are some dummy cameras available just to scare off intruders.
- Finally, wireless cameras can send signals without any wire.
How does CCTV Camera work?
In 2016 about 350 million CCTV cameras were installed all around the world and the number is on the rise. On the other hand, you can use a fake CCTV camera just to scare off mischievous people.
- As the name closed-circuit television, a CCTV camera works just like a television broadcasting system.
- The camera records surveillance and activities.
- Then converting it into a signal, it sends it to a remote distance receiver.
- The receiver shows it on the screens and stores it in memory.
- And the only difference is that the signal is not openly transmitted.
- The broadcasting system might employ point-to-point, point-to-multipoint connections.
- Actually, it denotes a connection network between one or more cameras.
- The connection can be both wired and wireless.
- Though, the system works in various surveillance areas like banks, markets, factories, homes, or business properties.
- The system can provide services such as video telecom which is a useful resource for distanced education.
- And the camera can offer different sensors and the IP camera can connect the system to different databases.
- The data storage capabilities are fixed by the storage provided for the system.
Top 12 CCTV Camera Brands in India-Buyers Guide
Here is a list of the top 12 CCTV cameras available in the market.
1. Mi 360° 1080p Full HD WiFi Smart Security Camera
- Firstly, this camera has a 360-degree rotation feature.
- Secondly, the camera has night vision.
- Thirdly, the camera offers a warranty and up to 64GB of memory support.
- Finally, motion detection, 1080p resolution, and 20 mp camera are available.
- Firstly, the operating temperature range is -10 to 50 degrees centigrade.
- Most importantly, the wifi connection is not available for less than 2.4 GHz frequency.
2. D3D Wireless Full HD IP WiFi CCTV Indoor Security Camera
- Firstly, it offers a 1-year warranty.
- Secondly, up to 128GB supported sd card.
- Thirdly, motion control and mobile control features are available.
- Finally, it’s very easy to install.
- Firstly, the speakers are not very good.
- Secondly, the app that comes with it is not very good.
- Finally, the video is not HD and the length of the video is not much longer for the motion sensor mood.
3. Tp-Link Smart Cam Pan Tilt Home WiFi Camera
- Firstly, it offers both a warranty and replacement.
- Secondly, motion sensor control and two-way audios are available.
- Finally, it provides notifications, and live view, and supports up to 128GB SD card.
- Most importantly, nothing can be noted as a con for this product.
4. Mi Full HD WiFi Smart Security Camera
- Firstly, it’s a wide range of cameras that is very small in size.
- Secondly, it has both a motion detector and an intelligent detector that can recognize a false alarm.
- Finally, it’s a 1080p camera that has voice communication, requires lower power, and can work with Alexa.
- Firstly, it doesn’t offer a warranty.
- Finally, wall mounting is not easy.
5. Sricam WiFi Wireless SP007 2MP
- Firstly, it’s a waterproof camera.
- Secondly, offers a warranty and supports up to 128 GB sd card.
- Finally, it has a motion sensor and night vision.
- Firstly, the setup process is disgusting.
- Secondly, needs a reset for every power cut.
- Finally, the product is not durable.
6. V380 HD 720P
- Firstly, it’s an IP camera that can easily connect to the network.
- Secondly, it’s very easy to set up.
- Finally, it supports two-way audio, night vision, and up to 64GB memory card.
- Firstly, it offers no warranty.
- Secondly, it hassles a lot while connecting to mobile and mobile networks.
7. Hikvision DS-2CE1AD0T-IRP
- Firstly, it offers a warranty and consumes lower power.
- Secondly, it has an image sensor.
- Thirdly, it’s a very well-synchronized product that can operate at 0.01 lux light.
- Finally, this outdoor bullet camera is waterproof.
- The product is only suitable for Hikvision DVRs and doesn’t perform well on other devices.
8. Srihome SH025 Pan/Tilt Wireless WiFi 2MP Full HD 1080p
- Firstly, the product offers a warranty.
- Secondly, it comes with a motion sensor and night vision.
- Thirdly, it has two-way audio and 128GB SD card storage.
- Finally, the product comes with an audio tracking option.
- Firstly, it doesn’t offer wall mounting.
- Secondly, the focus of the camera could be improved.
- Finally, it operates pretty slowly if the receiver is using a different network.
9. Okayji Dummy Fake Security CCTV Dome Camera
- Mainly, a fake camera doesn’t cost you at all but keeps the intruders away.
- Fake domes are not much visible as it comes with only one laser light.
10. Conbre Multiple V380 Pro HD Smart Wireless CCTV Security Camera
- Firstly, provides a warranty.
- Secondly, the setup process for the product is very easy.
- Finally, provides night vision.
- Firstly, it takes time to connect to wi-fi.
- Finally, the camera doesn’t work muck well at night at wide angles.
11. Srihome SH029 3MP Ultra HD 1296p Wireless WiFi
- Firstly, the product comes with a warranty.
- Secondly, suitable for both indoors and outdoors.
- Thirdly, it’s a waterproof IP camera that comes without an antenna.
- Finally, it offers a lot of features like ultra HD images, motion detection, and night vision.
- Firstly, covers 10 to 15 meters.
- Secondly, the sharpness and contrast of the lens are not very good.
- Finally, night vision performance is not satisfying.
12. Bulfyss Realistic Looking Dummy Security CCTV Bullet Camera
- A dummy CCTV camera can save you a handful amount of cameras doing the job of keeping invaders away.
- It’s just a dummy, not a camera.
CCTV cameras provide great support to ensure the safety of your private property. It is one advanced technology that can give safety and a piece of hope of saving you from an accident or provide you with some strong evidence to solve any great causes. You may get one to enjoy all those features of a CCTV camera.
Which CCTV camera is best?
The best CCTV camera is the one that provides the best audiovisual quality and all the basic features like night vision, waterproofing, and a motion sensor at an affordable price.
Can CCTV cameras work without DVR?
Yes, they work without a DVR. But you can only use it for a surveillance purposes then and won’t be able to record the visuals.
Does CCTV work without the Internet?
Yes, CCTV cameras continue to operate without the internet.
How many days can CCTV record?
Most CCTV cameras can record continuously for 90 days.
Can any CCTV camera work with any DVR?
Surveillance cameras work without any DVR that is only able to monitor and can’t record the visuals.
What is the difference between an IP camera and CCTV?
CCTV uses coax and a power cable while an IP camera uses standard network cabling. IP cameras have much higher resolutions nowadays.
Can I connect CCTV camera directly to the TV?
If your TV has a converted connection of RCA male type then you can connect the CCTV camera directly to the TV.
What’s the difference between surveillance cameras and security cameras?
Security cameras convey signals from one place to a monitor at a remote place. Surveillance cameras operate as automatic number plate recognition systems and work on IP networks linking the camera from the
remote area to any particular database.