Car toys are mainly meant to entertain kids. When kids play with car toys, they get very excited. And for a parent, one of the greatest joys is of seeing the kids being happy. Besides entertainment, a car toy can also help in developing a kid’s psychomotor skills. A car toy is especially good at enhancing a kid’s hand-eye coordination and confidence. For adults, car toys are often used in driving schools to exhibit various driving maneuvers.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Kids battery cars, Toy Cars, soft toys, Teddy Bears, Toy Train for Kids, Baby Bath Toys, Educational Toys for Kids, puzzle Games, Building blocks, Lego blocks, Teddy bears, soft toys, Toy Trains, remote control cars, Lego Blocks, Gaming Chairs, Hanging Toys, Dolls for Girls, Scooter for Kids, Tricycle for Kids, Rocking Horse Toy for Kids, bicycles for kids, Kitchen sets, Doctor Sets, Skating Boards, Skating Kits, Skate shoes, Dancing robots, Luch box for kids, Steel water bottles, Hot and Cold Water Bottles, Milton Thermos Flasks, Milton Thermos Bottles, Thermos Flasks, Copper Bottles, School Bags for Kids, school bags for girls, bag packs, Geometric box for school kids, Glass paints, Oil Pastels drawings, Baby Cradles, Wooden Cradles in India.
Top 10 Best Car Toys in India
Features of Car Toys
- One of the most critical features of a car toy is safety. Ideally, these toys shouldn’t have sharp edges. They should also be made using non-toxic materials. And they should be quite light so that even if a kid gets hit by one, no major injury occurs. The anti-skid feature can also help in adding safety.
- Another key feature in car toys is toughness. Kids tend to handle their toys roughly. Therefore the toys need to be tough to withstand such handling.
- Yet another key feature in car toys is speed. They should be able to move fast enough to entertain the kids. But not so fast as to be risky.
- Manoeuvrability is important in car toys. You need toys that are easily manoeuvrable in many different ways.
Types of Car Toys
- There are remote-controlled car toys. Then others are only manually controlled: with no remotes.
- There are 4-wheel drive car toys. Then some only have the normal 2-wheel drive.
- We have battery-operated car toys. Then some require to be pushed manually.
- There are plastic car toys. Then there are metal car toys. It may even be possible to find car toys with fiber bodies.
Buying Guide for Car Toy
- When buying a car toy, you need to first consider the age of the child for whom you are buying it. Then only purchase a car toy that is ideal for a kid at that age.
- Further, you need to consider the exact purpose(s) you want the toy to serve. Is it mainly for entertaining the kid? Or is it mainly for developing the kid’s psychomotor skills? Is it for occupying the kid’s time? Just identify the purpose you wish to achieve. Then select the most ideal car toy for that purpose.
- If what you want is a car toy for driving school demonstrations, there are specialized ones available for that purpose.
- The car toy price is another key consideration. There is great variance in car toy prices. Ultimately, your budget should tell you what your upper limit is, in terms of your payable car toy price.
How To Use Car Toys?
- After purchasing it, the first step is to identify an ideal surface where the toy car is to be ‘driven’.
- If the toy is one of those that are battery-operated, you will need to find the appropriate batteries. In case the toy is remote-controlled, you will also need to fit batteries into the remote.
- If you bought the toy for a kid, there are two approaches you can use. One is to demonstrate to the kid how to use the toy. The other one is that of just leaving the kid with the toy. You then let him figure out (by himself) what to do with it.
- You need to remember to be cleaning the toy regularly.
List of Top 10 Best Car Toys online in India-Buyers Guide
1. WireScorts Chargebale Racing Car for Kids
What you get here is one colorful toy, around 7 inches wide. The material is plastic.
- Comes with a 4-function remote control
- The design is nice and fun for kids
- It is quite tough and won’t fall apart easily
- It May is not very ideal for kids under 4 years
- You have to buy the remote batteries separately
2. METRO TOY’S & GIFT Metal Toy Car Play Set for Kids
What you get here is a set of 6 toy cars. They are metallic and very ideal for boys playing.
- These are sturdy toys made of metal, hence likely to be durable
- They are colorful and highly entertaining to kids
- Each package comes with a unifying theme
- Some may find the price a bit hefty
- It May does not work very well with kids who are below 3 years
3. Centy Toys Police Interceptor Fortune Pull Back Car
This is a plastic toy car, which has the full look of a police vehicle. Size is 15.3 cm in length, 6.5 cm in width, and 6.7 cm in height.
- Has a good safety profile, with no sharp edges
- Ideal for developing eye-hand coordination skills
- Easy to manoeuvre
- Sturdiness is limited (this being a plastic toy)
- Mostly requires manual control
4. eErlik Plastic Friction Powered Cars
What you get here are 4 toy cars. All of them are of 4-wheel drive type, material being plastic.
- The colors are eye-catching and fun for kids
- They use friction force and don’t require batteries
- Capable of advanced stunts, including 360-degree rotations
- Some may find the 4-car package superfluous
- The price is a bit high (though product quality largely justifies it)
5. Centy Toys Swift Dezire Pull Back Car
Very ideal for developing kids’ hand-eye coordination skills. Material is mainly plastic.
- Price is within the reach of most people
- The toy is quite easy to move about
- The design resembles a real car greatly, adding to kids’ fun
- The toy is not very colorful
- May eventually break, since it is a plastic toy
6. Supreme Deals Mini Monster Truck Cars Toys
The pack here has 2 car toys (in the shape and design of trucks). These are friction-powered toys.
- Does not require a battery
- Capable of advanced stunts
- Quite tough and not easily broken
- Packaging is rather basic
- Younger kids may require close supervision while playing with these
7. Galaxy Hi-Tech Deformation Robot Car
This is an advanced car toy, capable of transforming itself in various ways (the initial form being a military tank robot). Material is plastic, and you control it simply through touch.
- Suitable for a broad age range (kids of 1 to 5 years)
- The price is quite good, considering the sophistication
- Easy to play with (despite the sophistication)
- It May be hard to repair if it falls apart
- Some may find it a bit addictive for kids to play with at first (though the kids do soon get used to it)
8. Partish Remote Control Car for Age 3-10 Years Boys & Girls
What you get here is a yellow color car toy, which looks like a real-life car and is remote-controlled. Material is plastic, with size being decent at 17 x 8 x 6 cm.
- Comes with all accessories (including remote batteries)
- Achieves good speeds of up to 3-4 mph
- The design is compact
- Some may find the price a bit high (though quality still justifies it)
- It May require a bit of delicate handling
9. Techhark Die-cast Model Pull Back Cars Toys
This high-tech toy produces exciting sounds and lights when operated. Suitable for use as a gift or regular toy.
- It is a highly stimulating toy (with movements, lights, and sounds)
- Kids as young as 6 months may play with it
- It is made of metal, hence quite sturdy in form
- It is not very big
- The price tag may be quite hefty for some
10. PLUSPOINT Alloy Metal Pull Back Die-Cast Car Toy for Kids
This is a toy form of the much-adored Lambo lp-750-4 car. The material is high-quality plastic, with battery power.
- It comes with sounds and lights features (for more fun)
- Packaging is top-notch
- Also ideal for use as a gift item
- The price is not cheap
- The battery may eventually need to be replaced
Through the use of car toys, you can keep your kids entertained, while also developing their psychomotor skills. This guide may be of great help to you while shopping for a decent car toy.
What is a toy car called?
A toy car may also be referred to as a ‘model car’.
When can babies play with toy cars?
Babies may start playing with toy cars from 6 or 9 months of age onwards.
Which is the best car toy?
The best car toys are those that are fun to play with and have good safety profiles.