Car polish can help you to give your car a new and shiny look. This is done firstly by removing swirls. It is impossible for a car whose body has swirls to have a shiny look. So the car polish removes those swirls (as well as oxidation), to give a new, shiny look. Furthermore, the car polish removes towel marks. Just like the swirls, towel marks interfere with a car’s appearance greatly. Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Car Air Freshener, Car Luggage Carrier, vehicle tracking system, car covers, car seat covers, and car vacuum cleaner in India.
To the extent that polish removes those towel marks, it leaves the car looking shiny and new. Further, the polish makes the paint finish to be clear. It can be useful for hiding minor scratches. When applied as a pre-waxing product, it can help in ultimately achieving a glossy result.
Top 10 Best Car Polishes in India
Features of Car Polish
- One important feature in polish is consistency. In this regard, the best polish is one that is thick enough not to run.
- But one that is also thin enough not to clog.
- So it is neither too thin nor too thick.
- Another key feature in car polish is versatility.
- The most ideal polish is one that can give good results on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Yet another key feature in polish is hydration.
- This is to say that an ideal polish should not dry out easily.
- It should be capable of remaining on the car’s surface for a reasonable duration of time.
- When water runs over it, it should bead. And it should not attract dust.
Types of Car Polish Products
- There are some polishes that are only ideal for application on the car’s metal parts.
- There are others that are only ideal for application on the car’s non-metal parts (including leather and fiber).
- A few can be applied to both the car’s metal and non-metal parts.
- There are car polishes that are only suitable for application by machines – mainly dual action polishers.
- Then there are others that are only suitable for application by hand.
- A few can be applied using both dual action polishers and by hand.
- There are silicone-based car polishes.
- Then there are silicone-free car polishes.
- There are car polishes that contain solvents.
- Then there are solvent-free car polishes.
How to use a Car Polish?
- The first step before using a car polish is that of cleaning the car.
- You need to ensure that you clean the surface thoroughly.
- The next step is to dry the surface on which you intend to apply the polish.
- Ensure that it is dry and cool.
- What you need to do next is to apply the polish on a cloth or foam pad.
- Then use the cloth or foam pad to spread the polish on the surface.
- You can either spread the polish via up and down (followed by a left to right) motion. Or you can apply via a circular motion. Thereafter allow for the polish to cure.
Buying guide for Car Polish
- Before buying any car polish, you need to check its ingredients and mechanism of action.
- You need to understand how exactly it brings about the glossy look in a car.
- You also need to understand how long the glossy look it brings about lasts.
- Further, you need to understand how much of the polish you will need to use, to achieve glossy results.
- At yet another level, you need to consider how easy the application of the polish is.
- Consider whether the polish can be applied by hand or has to be applied by machine
- Look at the polish price as well. If you have to pay a higher polish price, ensure that the product has enhanced efficacy.
- Otherwise, ensure that it has extra premium features to justify the higher price tag.
- Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best car covers and car seat covers in India.
List of Top 10 Best Car Polish Products in India-Buyers Guide
1. MEGUIAR’S G19216 (Ultimate) Polish
MEGUAR’s Polish is Particularly effective at removing fine swirl marks. Ideal for use as a pre-waxing glaze.
- Can be applied by hand or using a dual action polisher
- Safe for use even on clear coats
- Doesn’t attract dust
- It is relatively expensive
- Unable to hide bigger scratches
2. KMH Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish
What you get here is 473 ml of polish. It promises to deliver glossy, mirror-like reflections.
- Gives lasting results
- Quite easy to apply
- Has considerable scratch hiding capability
- Packaging is rather underwhelming
- Some may feel that the price is somewhat on the higher side
3. Amway Akulain Silicon Glaze Auto Car Polish
The Amway Akulain polish product in this case is 500 ml car polish. It is a reasonably effective silicone-based polish.
- Versatile (suitable for use on a wide array of surfaces)
- Quantity is adequate for whole car use
- Doesn’t require extensive preparation before application
- It contains silicon (which some people may be uncomfortable with)
- Requires frequent re-polishing to maintain results
4. Sheeba Multipurpose Polish
This is a low-cost, high efficacy polish. Suitable for use on a wide range of surfaces.
- Quantity is high, at 750 ml
- The price is low
- Comes with a sprayer
- Polishing results may last for a relatively modest period of time
- May give unexpected results on some beige and metal parts
5. Waxpol Vinyl & Leather Polish + Liquid Car Polish
What you get here is a 125g package of leather and vinyl polish. That is as well as 150ml bottle of liquid car polish. It is reasonably inexpensive, yet delivers decent results.
- Doesn’t attract dust
- Ideal for hiding scratches
- Quite easy to apply
- Requires a bit of time to dry after application
- Some may not like the smell initially
6. Motomax Pidilite Bike and Car Polish Cream
The Motomax polish product here is 230gm, ideal for use on both bikes and cars. It contains carnauba wax.
- It has enhanced smoothness
- This is a multipurpose product (which can be used on both bikes and cars)
- Comes with an easy to use a sponge applicator
- Price is high for the given quantity
- Some may find the lid to be too tight
7. Waxpol Silicone Liquid Car Polish
This Waxpol Silicone Polish is one of the most affordable car polishing products. It has good efficacy and is based on silicon.
- Suitable for use on a very wide range of surfaces
- Price is affordable for almost everyone
- Delivers lasting results
- The surface needs extensive preparation before application
- It is a silicon-based product
8. Turtle Wax Color Magic 52712 Car Polish
Turtle wax color polish Comes in 500 ml. Has both carnauba and montan wax enrichment.
- Can be used on clear coats as well as metallic coats
- Quite easy to apply
- Packaging is excellent
- Has limited scratch masking efficacy
- Some may find it slightly harsh on surfaces
9. Wavex Instant Shine Car and Bike Polish
What you get here is 1-liter polish. Works on both metallic and non-metallic surfaces.
- Quantity is adequate for most people’s needs (at 1 liter)
- Price is low, given the quantity
- Can polish almost any surface, both interior, and exterior
- The manual application can be tiring
- Has limited waterproofing power
10. Sonax 300100 Car Polish
Sonax Polish Comes in 250 ml volume. Can be applied both manually or using a machine.
- Gentle on the car’s body
- Results are almost instant
- Capable of covering minor scratches reasonably well
- Quantity is modest
- There is a limit to the types of surfaces it can be applied on
Using a good quality car polish, you can improve the appearance of your car while also hiding minor scratches. This guide can assist you in making a proper car polish choice.
Which car polish is best?
The best polish is one that is easy to apply, delivers lasting results, and is gentle on the car’s body
Is polish good for a car?
Yes, because it helps in keeping its paintwork glossy
What is the price of the car polish?
Car polish price range is mostly from 200 to 800 Indian rupees.