Car mats serve the purpose of protecting the cars’ interiors from elements like mud and dust. Some also protect the cars’ interiors from liquid splashes. Another purpose that the mats serve is that of protecting the cars’ air conditioning systems. When the air conditioning systems are in air recirculation modes, there is always the risk of dust getting in. The mats trap the dust particles. This means that there are none to enter the air conditioning systems (where they can be very ruinous). At yet another level, the mats (often) help to prevent driver foot slippage. This is the case in the mats that have heel pads on the drivers’ sides.
List of Top 10 Best Car Mats in India
Features of Car Mats
- One feature that matters greatly in a car mat is the dust trapping capacity. The best mats are able to trap all dust particles, to ensure that there are none on the surface.
- Another feature that also matters in a car mat is the liquid/water trapping capacity. The best mats entrap liquid/water particles, preventing the wet rubbery sounds associated with moist shoes.
- The ease with which a car mat can be trimmed is also important.
- Another feature that matters in a car mat is the heel pad. The best mats have heel pads that are so effective that they prevent driver foot slippage.
- Anti-skid capability is yet another key feature in a car mat.
Types of Car Mats
- The mats can be classified on the basis of the vehicles for which they are meant. It is also possible to classify them on the basis of the materials they are made from.
- With regard to the cars they can be used in, there are universal car mats on the one hand. Then on the other hand, there are mats that are meant for specific car makes/models.
- With regard to materials, there are rubber car mats on the one hand. Then there are PVC car mats. We also have vinyl mats for cars and nylon car mats.
How to use Car Mats?
- Upon getting your mat, it may be a good idea to first clean it before deploying it in your car.
- If the mat doesn’t fit properly, you need to trim it until you get a perfect fit.
- Ensure that the piece of Mat meant for the driver’s section (the one with the heel pad) goes there.
- Remember to be cleaning your mat regularly, to prevent it from becoming saturated with dirt.
- When you discover significant wear and tear on your mat, it is time to replace it. But rather than wait for visible wear and tear signs, you can create a proactive schedule for replacing the mats. So you make up your mind, beforehand, that you will be replacing the mat after every certain duration of time.
Buying guide for Car Mats
- First of all, you need to consider your car type. Then ensure that the Mat you buy is ideal for use in that type of car.
- Consider the material from which the mat is made. Ensure that it is a material that is easy to clean, and one that looks good.
- Consider the mat’s design. Ensure that it offers good protection to your car’s interior. Also, ensure that it has reasonable elegance.
- Further, ensure that the Mat you buy has an anti-skid feature, and (ideally) a driver’s heel pad as well.
List of Top 10 Best Car Mats in India-Buyers Guide
1. Kingsway PVC Car Floor Mats for Maruti Suzuki Alto
Kingsway PVC car mat is beige in color. Works well for Suzuki Alto and Maruti models of between years 2000 to 2012.
- These mats offer a perfect fit for the intended car models
- Easy to install
- Dustproof and waterproof
- May sometimes have slight slippage
- Fitting in the back seat areas can be somewhat tricky
2. Autofurnish Anti-Skid Curly Car Foot Mats
Autofurnish mats are universal mats (for all car models). The color is grey-black.
- The mats trap dust and water/liquid in the internal layers
- Installation is easy
- Price is reasonable
- Cleaning can be time-consuming
- May initially have a slight vinyl smell
3. Sepia Universal Car Foot Mat
These are PVC mats. Ideal for use in any passenger car.
- They offer all-weather protection
- Trimming is easy
- They dry fast after cleaning (being PVC mats)
- Wear and tear may be slightly faster
- There may initially be a slight plastic smell
4. Generic Car Foot for Maruti Wagon
What you get here are black, vehicle-specific fit mats. The mats have considerable elegance.
- Easy to clean
- The mats have the potential to be durable
- Price is reasonable
- There may initially be a slight creasing effect
- Trimming can be a challenge
5. Rubber Standard Mat for WagonR, Suzuki Alto, Maruti
Rubber standard mats are unique odorless and non-toxic mats. The weight is light, though the mats are quite sturdy.
- They dry fast after cleaning
- Non-toxic and odorless
- Quite easy to trim as the need arises
- The elegance is modest
- Front seat installation can be slightly challenging
6. Flomaster UC Carpet Mat for Car
What you get here are 4 mats. The material is nylon.
- Price is quite low
- Versatile (suitable for use in a wide range of cars)
- Easy to fit in
- May wear out relatively fast
- Has modest water/fluid trapping capacity
7. TSB TUBES AND TANK Curly Car Foot Mats
The material in these mats is PVC. The mats come with very good anti-skid quality.
- Spongy cushioned feel
- Easy to trim
- Have good dust trapping quality
- Some may find the price a bit high
- There may initially be the characteristic PVC smell
8. Trac Universal Curly Passenger Car Floor Mats
The color is elegant dark gray. The material is rubber.
- Fully waterproof mats
- Non-toxic and with no smell
- They include a non-slip layer
- Can be a challenge to fit on certain cars
- Some may find the price slightly high
9. Carigiri Universal Fit Carpet Floor Car Mats
What you get here are beige car floor mats. They are universal fit mats for any passenger car.
- They have good anti-slip quality
- Easy to fit on any car
- They have the potential to be durable
- Thorough cleaning for these mats can be challenging
- Color may appear dull with time
10. GoMechanic Universal Standard PVC Grass Mat
This is an 18 mm grass mat. The color is beige.
- The mat doesn’t slide easily, once properly installed
- It is highly elegant
- Reasonably easy to clean
- May initially have the characteristic PVC odor
- Fitting in certain car models may be challenging (but doable)
A good quality car mat can help make your car a more comfortable space to spend time in. The information in this guide empowers you to make a better choice while shopping for car mats.
Which mat is best for a car?
The best mat for the car is one that traps mud, dust, and water/liquid well is elegant and has the anti-slippage feature.
Is floor matting good for cars?
Yes, because it helps improve the appearance of the cars’ interiors.
What is the price of car mats?
Most are in the 500 to 1,500 rupees range.