Best luggage carriers for car: How to buy the perfect one?
About luggage carriers
Types of car luggage carriers
Top car luggage carriers with pros and cons
- Autopearl Car Roof Quest Luggage Carrier
- Speedwav RC1 Roof Luggage Carrier
- Metal Roof Luggage Rack Carrier Holder
- Auto Pearl Aluminium Car Roof Spirit Luggage Carrier
- NF&E Metal Luggage Rack Roof Rack
- 1/10 1//8 RC Steel Luggage Roof Rack
- Jasnyfall Metal Roof Rack Luggage Carrier
- NS-TR001 Black Cargo Roof Rack
- Cross Bar Luggage Cargo Carrier
Cars are the most preferred vehicle for traveling on the road. It has decent luggage carrying capacity for two to three persons. Sometimes it happens that the luggage back of the car is not enough to carry luggage. Thus, you need to hire an extra vehicle for carrying your luggage. To avoid such cases, you can get a car luggage carrier.
About Car luggage carriers
Racks installed on a vehicle is a common example of a luggage carrier. The main purpose of the rack is to carry your cargo, goods etc. The materials used for the manufacture are aluminum and steel. It can carry a weight of 25 – 40 kgs containing stuff like cargo, goods, luggage etc. You can put your luggage on the carrier and apply straps and net and carry them to your destination. Car roof racks are the most suitable example of a luggage carrier. These are an important part of a car for tours and long trips. There are different types of luggage carriers available in the market. You must check out the pros and cons of the product before buying one. The price tag on which they are available makes them more affordable.
Types of the car luggage carrier
The different types of luggage carriers are:
- Regular carriers These are the most used carriers and is generally present in every vehicle.
- Carrier bags: These are the most affordable carriers. Nylon and polyester made bags are readily available in the market.
- Baskets: Placed on the roof of the car, these baskets carry goods and cargo like a roof rack. It has a rigid base and sidewalls to keep your belongings from falling apart on the way.
- Back carrier: Luggage bags installed on the backside of vehicle forms the back carriers. The back carrier is easy to install.
- Cargo carriers: These carriers are more durable than others and need a sports bar to attach itself to the roof of the car.
- Thule carriers: Engineers developed these carriers to enhance the luggage space in such that it minimizes the aerodynamic drag.
Car luggage carriers Buyers guide
When buying a luggage carrier, you must follow the following tips:
- Always go for metal carriers as they are more durable and stronger than the plastic ones.
- Measure the weight as you can’t buy a heavy one as it may damage your roof. You can buy a lighter aluminum made carrier which is stronger than the steel heavy one.
- Buy modular rack which is easy to assemble and install.
- Compare the carrier with other ones as you may get the knowledge of its pros and cons.
- Check the strength and durability of the carrier.
- Always buy quality products as they will provide good service.
Top car luggage carriers with pros and cons:
1. Autopearl Car Roof Quest Luggage Carrier
- It is a free size luggage carrier for the car having 203.2 x 228.6 x 215.9 cm dimensions.
- The weight of the carrier is 20kg.
- Aluminum made carrier has high durability and strength as compared to other ones.
- Autopearl is manufacturing these carriers for new Ford Endeavour.
- The dimensions of the carrier make it easy to keep luggage.
- It has a strong base made of metal along with the sidelines.
- The carrier is preferred by drivers where is not much precipitation.
- It comes in free size
Pros – Metal body for more durability, low aerodynamic drag, compact design
Cons – Compatible only on Ford Endeavour.
2. Speedwav RC1 Roof Luggage Carrier
- It is a basic roof rack luggage carrier compatible with every car.
- It is one of the best luggage carriers at a decent price.
- This roof rack is made up of premium metal and has good luggage carrying capacity.
- It can carry luggage up to 30 kgs with good security.
- This roof rack is best suited for long road trip and journey.
- This roof rack needs a cargo net and straps to attach your luggage safely on the rack.
- The sleek design of the carrier makes it look more attractive.
Pros – Premium look, the aluminum frame used, easily available, decent price
Cons – Needs other attachments like net and straps.
3. Metal Roof Luggage Rack Carrier Holder
- It is the cheapest roof rack available on the market.
- It is very easy to install with the help of sports bars or crossbars.
- The setup process of the carrier is very easy. Just you need to tighten up the screws of the carrier to the bars.
- Aluminum forms the frame of the carrier with a net on the base supported by metal plates.
- The sidelines of the carrier hold your luggage in its place throughout your journey.
- Electrodose is manufacturing these luggage carriers for HSP RC 1/10 cars
Pros – Weather resistance, classic design, easy to install
Cons – Compatible only with HSP RC car, low storage capacity
4. Auto Pearl Aluminium Car Roof Spirit Luggage Carrier
- Autopearl company is the manufacturer of these car roof racks.
- This carrier weighs 20 kg.
- The weight makes it the most suitable product among roof rack carriers.
- The carrier is completely built of aluminum.
- The aluminum body makes the carrier strong and durable.
- The dimension of the carrier is 203.2 x 228.6 x 215.9 cm which makes it a spacy rack.
- It comes in Medium size & silver
- Renault Lodgy is the most compatible vehicle for this carrier, though it can be attached on others via attachments.
- It has got a regular design with base plate and sidewalls.
- There are also many supporting bars below the base plates.
Pros – Low gravel impact on the carrier, durable material used, good aerodynamics
Cons – Only compatible with Renault Lodgy, luggage exposed to rain and sun
5. NF&E Metal Luggage Rack Roof Rack
- NF&E Metal car Luggage Roof Rack is completely made up of metal.
- The metal body makes it durable and strong. Minimum aerodynamic drags make the product more worthy.
- Thus, it shows a low aerodynamic drag.
- The classic design of the carrier gives it a retro look with a place to attach the lights.
- Lights can function without using any batteries.
- You can connect the wires to the antennae receiver plug.
- The carrier is spacy and allows you to carry a decent amount of goods and luggage.
- Approx size 168x112x40mm / 6061×4.41×1.57 inch
Pros – Cool, retro look, good aerodynamics, metal made
Cons – Compatible only with RC 1/10 model cars and need attachments for others
6. 1/10 1//8 RC Steel Luggage Roof Rack
- Aluminum provides strength to the 1/10 1//8 RC Steel Luggage Roof Rack to hold more weight.
- This classic looking car roof rack is attached with led lights at the front.
- Electrodose company is the manufacturer of these roof rack for RC 1/10 and 1/8 model cars.
- The antennae receiver line serves as the port to connect the lights.
- The sleek design reduces aerodynamic drags.
- The car roof racks luggage carrier has 4 screws to attach itself to the car which makes the installation quite easy.
- However, the luggage is exposed to changing the weather condition.
- You need to get a luggage net and straps to tie the luggage on the rack.
- Size: LxWxH – 132mm x 102mm x 25mm
Pros – Easy to install, more space for luggage, lights can be installed
Cons – Compatible only on RC 1/8 and 1/10 cars.
7. Jasnyfall Metal Roof Rack Luggage Carrier
- Jasnyfall Metal Roof Rack Luggage Carrier is a high-quality luggage carrier.
- It looks like a regular carrier made up of the aluminum frame.
- The frames give it a sturdy look and durable strength.
- Metal base plates with a long-curved sidebar frame are present.
- The car luggage carriers offer large storage space as compared to other carriers.
- The weight of the carrier is about 25 kg which is acceptable to its durability.
- The carrier gets least aerodynamic drag which is a positive point to its price segment.
- It is most suited for RC 1/10 cars.
- However, professionals can attach it to other vehicles through attachments.
- Size is 325 x 155 x 23 mm
Pros – Larger space, Easy to install, metal built
Cons – Need attachments to keep luggage secure
8. NS-TR001 Black Cargo Roof Rack
- TMS manufacturing unit is the manufacturer of NS-TR001 roof rack carrier.
- Hard steel makes the carrier sturdy and the black coating over it protect is from changing the weather.
- This large basket has a dimension of 109.2 x 99.1 x 15.2 cm and weight of 12.7 kg.
- The base metal plates are 6-inch-long with sidelines of diameter 1 inch.
- Steel wind fairing reduces noise and vibration while driving.
Pros – Good aerodynamics, larger space, compatible in every car
Cons – High pricing, Steel used instead of Aluminium
9. Cross Bar Luggage Cargo Carrier
- LASHOP company is manufacturing cross bar luggage carrier.
- It is the most common type of carrier available in the market.
- It is about 120 cm in length and can carry any goods like luggage, ladder, cargo, etc.
- Aluminum made crossbar can hold a weight of 60kgs.
- It is very easy to install and can be removed within a minute.
- The major plus point of these racks is its compatibility with other racks in the vehicle.
- Rubber clamps prevent the carrier from ripping the vehicles paint.
- 120x7x3.5 cm size
Pros – car roof rack is Easy to install, can handle more weight, compatible in any car
Cons – Less luggage can be carried.