A car inverter serves the purpose of turning the Direct Current (DC) from the car’s battery into Alternating Current (AC). A car’s battery only gives out electricity in the form of direct current. Yet some appliances we desire to use in our cars require alternating currents. This makes the car inverter necessary. Once you convert the direct current from the car’s battery into an alternating current, you can use it for more appliances. Those include things like laptops, GPS, small TVs, DVRs, and even mini-fridges. Note that there are also car inverters that are suitable for use in trucks. Those come in very handy for truck drivers, who are often on the road for long stretches of time.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the best Amaron Bike Batteries, SF Sonic Batteries, inverter batteries, Exide Batteries, Exide car batteries, Exide inverter Batteries, Solar inverters, UPS for PCs, 12v batteries, 9V batteries, UPS Batteries, VRLA Batteries, Eastman batteries, 12V Lithium Ion Batteries, 24 Volts batteries, Distilled water for batteries, battery testers, AAA Batteries, AA Batteries, Nippo batteries, iPhone X Battery, Jio phone batteries, Drone batteries, Nokia batteries for mobile, Lenovo laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, battery Kids’ bikes, battery for rickshaws, Samsung Keypad Mobile Phones, Nokia Keypad Mobile Phones, Portable Mobile Chargers, Fast Mobile Chargers, Solar mobile chargers, Samsung Mobile chargers, Bike mobile chargers, Car mobile chargers, Mi Mobile chargers, Bike Mobile Holder, power banks in India.
Top 10 Best Car Inverters in India
Features of Car Inverter
- In a car inverter, one vital feature is the output AC voltage. This tells you whether the output you get will be helpful, given the ratings for the devices you have.
- The wattage rating (normal and peak) for the inverter can be a vital feature as well.
- Yet another important feature is the number of outlets for AC output the inverter comes with. Related to this is the number of USB charging outlets (if any) the inverter comes with.
- Further, the safety protections with which your inverter comes is an important feature. So this is with regard to things like fuses, overcharge protectors, overvoltage protectors, and so on.
- The length of the cables for the car inverter is important too, as it may affect its usability.
- Another key feature is the noise level. The process of turning DC into AC sometimes leads to noise (usually in the fan). But the best inverters are only modestly noisy.
Types of Car Inverters
- There are two major types of car inverters. First are pure sine wave AC output car inverters. And second, are modified sine wave AC output car inverters.
- The pure sine wave AC output you get from the first type of car inverter resembles a mains grid AC supply. So it is very ideal for use on more ‘delicate’ appliances.
- The modified wave AC output you get from the second type of car inverter has some differences from the main AC. Therefore it may not be ideal for us on very delicate appliances. But for appliances that are not so delicate, it still works quite well.
- It is worth noting that the car inverter price for the pure sine wave inverter tends to be higher. So the pure sine wave car inverter is typically costlier than the modified sine wave car inverter.
Buying Guide for Car Inverter
- The type of appliances that you will be running using the inverter’s AC output is the key consideration. From this, you can work out what type of car inverter to buy.
- Ensure that you only buy an inverter that will be convenient to use. It should at least have a long enough cable. And it should have connectors that won’t keep on slipping when the car is in motion.
- Consider the car inverter price against the features. Ensure that you don’t end up paying too much money just for a fancy brand name, with no practical justification.
How To Use Car Inverter?
- The primary purpose of a car inverter is to turn the direct current input from the battery into an alternating current.
- Usually, you connect the inverter to the car through the cigarette lighter slot. Some also connect through the fuse panels and we have others that connect directly to the battery.
- So what you do is first connect the inverter to the car battery: directly or indirectly. Then when you turn it on, it instantly starts turning the input direct current it gets from the battery into AC.
- To obtain the AC output from the inverter, you use the outlets it comes with. Usually, it will have some AC outlets (which you can use for bigger appliances). Then it will also have some USB port outlets, for use in charging smaller devices.
List of Top 10 Best Car Inverters in India-Buyers Guide
1. Ceptics 200W Car Power Inverter Charger for All Portable Devices
Works by turning 12 volts direct current into 220 volts alternating current. Comes with a digital display.
- This is a very compact inverter
- It charges connected devices quite fast
- It comes with an inbuilt quiet cooling fan
- The power cord length is 24 inches only
- It can drain the battery quite fast
2. Vantro 200W Car Power Inverters
It comes with 2 AC outlets as well as 4 USB charging ports. Ideal for powering TVs, DVD players, string lights, CPAP machines, and so on.
- It has high efficiency (very little wastage) in turning DC into AC
- The display for this inverter is digital
- Includes very effective overvoltage protection
- Some appliances take quite a bit of time to charge through this inverter
- The price for the inverter is not very low
3. Swiss Military 150W Car Inverters with Ion Bars
Very ideal for use in running laptops. The input for it is 12 volt DC, which turns into 220 v AC.
- This is a fast-charging inverter
- It is designed in such a manner that it is very convenient to handle
- The price for this inverter is low, considering its quality
- It only has one AC outlet
- The cable is not very long
4. Portronics CarPower 150W Car Inverters
Designed to fit smugly into the car’s cup holder. Output AC is at 220 volts.
- It has dual USB ports
- Includes short circuit protection
- Comes with 2 feet input cable
- The cable is detachable (and may subsequently get misplaced)
- Body material is mainly plastic, which may break in due course
5. STHIRA (12V DC to 220V AC) 200W Power Inverter
Ideal for powering smartphones, TVs, camping equipment, GPS, and so on. Comes with an LCD digital display screen.
- It has a QC3.0 outlet
- Doesn’t take up too much space in the car, as it is compact
- The price is reasonable, given its utility
- Charging speed for connected devices may at times appear low
- For some connectors, the socket may appear too small (but it is the standard size)
6. Technotech DC to AC Power Inverters for Car Use
This is a 200-watt inverter. It comes complete with USB charging outlets.
- This is a rather quiet inverter
- It is light in weight and rather convenient to handle
- The price is quite low for a car inverter
- This inverter does generate some heat
- It may seemingly drain the battery fast if intensively used
7. PARCO Car Power Inverter (150W) With Universal AC Socket
This car inverter takes the input of 12 volts direct current and turns it into 220 volts alternating current. It includes a USB charging outlet.
- It comes ready to use, with no need for additional assembly
- The warranty for this inverter is 12 months
- This is one of the less expensive inverters
- It has few outlets for the output AC
- The inverter does heat up a bit (but has a fan to deal with that)
8. Yearwin Car Power Inverter Charger for All Portable Devices
Capable of charging several devices at once. This is a 200 watts inverter.
- Its USB port has fast charging capability
- The fan in this inverter is quiet
- It comes with an LCD display screen
- The price for this inverter may appear high initially to some
- Figuring out the right way to operate the on/off switch may be tricky for some users at first
9. Baseus 150 Watts Car Inverter
What you get here is a sophisticated and modern inverter. It connects to the car via the cigarette lighter socket.
- This is a very stable inverter
- It has both USB outlets and normal AC outlets
- The inverter comes with advanced safety features
- It won’t work if you draw more than 150 watts total from it
- The price may look relatively high
10. Skypearll DC 12V to 220V AC (200W) Power Inverter
This is a compact and highly effective inverter. It can charge up to 5 devices at the same time.
- Its AC outlets come with an on/off switch (for higher safety)
- Since it is compact, it takes little space
- The price is lower than for many other comparable car inverters
- Some may find the cable length for this inverter a bit modest
- It does have the effect of draining the battery quite a bit
A proper car inverter can keep your appliances that require AC electricity working, even when you are on the move. This guide empowers you to know which are the best car inverters in India, and to purchase them.
Which is the best car inverter?
One that gives high-quality AC output, has an adequate number of AC output outlets, and is easy to use.
How long can you run an inverter on a car battery?
If the engine is off, the battery may typically power the inverter for 30 to 60 minutes.
Do inverters drain car batteries?
Yes, they draw on the charge stored in the battery, thus draining it.